Ratings for Dr. Donna Shore

Not sure about these other reviews, but my experience with Dr. Shore is quite different. She has been thorough and explained in detail any questions or concerns I have had.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

I was a patient for many years. She is always in a hurry and running late. I asked her about a foot issue during a yearly physical, she said she didn't have time to discuss that and to book another appointment. She never wanted to provide referrals, even for chronic sinus problems and headaches. She didn't let me know when test results weren't normal - I found out my thyroid was abnormal 12 months after the test results, during another appointment! I changed doctors recently, got blood work on the first day, and got a call to let me know my cholesterol was high. Called Dr Shore's office to know if my results 6 months ago were normal - no, they were even higher then, and they didn't tell me. Glad I am no longer her patient.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

Dr. Shore is very cold and does not seem to retain any patient information without checking her files, even for minor details like names!! I have been a patient of Dr. Shore for over 10 years, you think she could remember a few faces...

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

A patient for many years.Takes time to listen and ask if you had tried things way before prescribing any medication. Always tells you to make a follow-up appt with her to see how things are going. For any emergencies I was always able to get in within the day or early next morning, depending on when I call.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr.Shore's my entire life. She seriously lacks empathy. In the past couple of years, when I've approached her about mental health related concerns, predominantly anxiety, she has been unwilling to refer me to a specialist, prescribe any form or medication, and has attributed how I've felt to my "personality type". She seems over-extended, and disinterested in her patients. The last time I saw her about a reoccurring concern with my skin, she essentially told me I'm sh*t out of luck, and there's no hope. Looking for a new family Doctor. Feeling very let down.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Dr. Shore has been my doctor since I was in high school. As someone who has suffered from anxiety for many years, she has been patient and kind with me. I personally find that she takes her time with me, perhaps because she knows I have anxiety, and I find it very helpful. She prescribes medications, but makes sure that I follow up with appointments to verify the effectiveness of my medications and anxiety level. I agree at times she seems scattered, but I understand that she is a busy professional.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

She is very impersonal, always late and very much lacks empathy. Does not ever seem to care and went as far as to claim I was not depressed enough to see a proffessional at a hospital. Very unimpressed with her care (or lack there of) and avoid going to her if it is possible. She has misdiagnosed both me and my mother multiple times giving the wrong medication or treatment. She never consults charts previous to an appointment and glances over them annoyed while in the room with you. Steer clear of this doctor if possible.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

I must admit that don't love Dr. Shore. I feel as though she is always rushed and doesn't care. Sometimes when I am telling her about symptoms, etc she seems to smirk at me. She has given me a needless needle (I already had it last year), an incorrect dosage, and also prescribed a drug during breastfeeding that apparently shouldn't be prescribed. I wouldn't recommend her. That being said, Laura her receptionist is FABULOUS! Both Laura and Dr Shore do fit you in with short notice and have an after hours clinic. That is the up side.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

Never ever on time. Doesn't seem to consult chart. Writes incorrect prescriptions

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

I have been with Donna Shore for over 17 years and have always found her willing to fit me in whenever I call to see her, even the same day. She is very knowledgable and quite willing to refer to a specialist if she feels that's what is required. I'm very happy to have her as my family physician.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011