Ratings for Dr. Karen MacDonald

Had herasmy dentist for over 3 yerars but most of the times not satisfied with her work.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

Despite the positive ratings in the categories identified I would not recommend Dr.MacDonald. Not for reasons related to her knowledge or skills as a dentist but because of her lack of professionalism. Someone in her position should know enough to refrain from sharing bigoted, classist comments to themselves.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr MacDonald's for 15 years, if not more. I agree with all the comments which pertain to her professionalism, compassion and care. I am an extremely nervous patient and she is excellent with me. I have no complaints. She has integrity and does not try or approve of "upselling" patients on new procedures. I find that clear communication is a two way responsibility.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I and my family have been with Dr. Karen MacDonald for more than 20 years. One of the best dentists in Ottawa and that the reason why we did not seek any other dentist. We are happy with Dr. MacDonald and with her excellent treatment and professional expertise as a dentist.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

After an unfortunate accident I had extreme exposure of my anterior teeth. Naturally I paid for the emergency fee, but each of the three teeth that we capped are all mis-coloured. I understand that it was an emergency procedure, but seriously? 3 different coloured teeth? was she experimenting with my colours? she said she was trying to get the right colour for crowns, as though I was going to return to her goofy establishment. Very unsatisfied with her work.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

I've been seeing Dr.MacDonald for over 15 years and she is the best dentist I've experienced. She also treats my 2 daughters. She is also a Mother, very gentle, and respectful. In my opinion she demonstrates a high degree of integrity, and values her clients and the community. She has never recommended unecessary work for me or my daughters. Her expertise is unquestionable. Excellent all around. Her office is immaculate. The staff is equally as professional and very warm and friendly. I am not a fan of going to doctors but Dr. Karen MacDonald has taken the care to surround herself with knowledgable staff who also have true people skills. Combined with the warm atmosphere in her office, it is a pleasure to spend time there. *Remember we all have perceptions based on our experiences, personalities, and attitudes about life. Many people don't take care of their teeth or they are unfortunate enough to have a genetic dispostion to poor oral health. This is no reason to blame a dentist.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2011

Since Dr.MacDonald has her own shop, watch out for unnecessary fillings; subsequently lead to root canal. I would recommend other specialist for any molar root canal instead of her. Her shop is very clean, and new equipment.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

She is the best. She would not ask to do unnessary repair. I have been with her since 20yr ago.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2010

My wife, after seeing this dentist for only four months, had work done on three teeth. Two of the three teeth required multiple procedures to correct a problem which was totally avoidable. This has resulted in hundreds of dollars out the window. Have lost confidence in her work.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

I found Dr MacDonald very helpful, gentle and her relaxed nature sets a great tone for her beautiful new office.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2008