Ratings for Dr. Irving A. Lugo

Dr. Lugo is great. I have seen several psychiatrists since I was diagnosed as Bipolar and he is heads and shoulders above the rest. He actually listens. I was able to go to him and say "I know this medication is working, but I really, really don't like the side effects." His response, "then we'll change it." He has always been available for appointments when I needed to see him and has worked at Moses Cone Behavioral Health so knows a lot about the staff there if necessary. Dr. Lugo is a very kind, funny, knowledgeable doctor who really takes the time to get to know his patients.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

I first started seeing Dr. Lugo over 10 years ago but had to relocate out of state shortly after that unfortunately. However, I just resently moved back and one of the 1st things I did was make an appointment with him when I did, he remembered me and picked up like I never stopped seeing him. He is not only a great doctor but also an awesome guy as well. Basically you go for an appointment with Dr. Lugo its not like you are going to the doctor is more like your going to a friends office to visit for a while.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

He is extremly knowlegable, polite. He has worked in many settings. He will try unconventional approaches, however he monitors treatment with great detail. He does not over drug you and is on the conservative side. He only works in a hospital now, not in private practice.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2011

Dr Lugo is a great Dr. He has worked wonders with my bipolar disorder. I could never say anything bad about him. He goes beyond the call of duty as a Dr. If you are looking for Psychiatrist he is the one

flag | Submitted September 2, 2011

I work with and have consulted him personally. He is one of the finest doctors I've ever seen practice. He is compassionate, kind and very smart. If I were a patient, I would have complete and total faith in his care of me.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Dr. Irving A. Lugo's Credentials

• University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

MB Health