Ratings for Dr. Dorothy J. Buckner

This was a very disappointing experience. I visited Dr. Buckner to have what appeared to be an leg infection examined. We called in to schedule an appointment and to verify if our insurance was accepted. The receptionist confirmed it was and took down my insurance information, and asked us to show up to our appointment early to fill in medical history. The day we visited we showed up 20 minutes prior to our appointed time. It was then we were notified that our insurance was not accepted and we would have to pay $150 copay up front. We then proceed to wait 50 minutes past our appointment time before Dr. Buckner would see us. She wrote up the prescription, but did not give it to us, asking us to schedule in the follow up exam. I had to wait 15 minutes watching her write up her chart, while chatting with the receptionist on medical issues not related to my condition, before she gave the prescription to fill. In short, i was lied to about my insurance coverage and waited needlessly...

Submitted March 16, 2010

Dr. Dorothy J. Buckner's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)