Ratings for Dr. Steven G. Spellman

It was a pleasure to go to this office. From the first visit, everyone was cordial and helpful. All examinations were very professional and not rushed in anyway. I had two very comfortable and successful surgeries. He is patient, considerate, polite, and spends time to answer your questions and concerns, giving his patient an understanding of the diagnose and recommended procedures. I am enjoying sight that I had thought was lost forever and am grateful I chose Dr. Spellman. I felt so positive and comfortable, always knowing the whole story about my eyes both good and bad, I am so happy with this office and doctor.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

Dr. Spellman is the ONLY opthamologist I will ever to see again. As a military spouse, Ive see many doctors because I have several opthamological issues, glaucoma,pigmentary dispersion syndrome, lattice degeneration, severe myopia, and most recently cataracts. Within one week he got my IOP down over 20 points, which saved my vision. He also removed my catracts, He not only saved my sight, but for the first time in 40 years, I am able to see without corrective lenses. He explained and went over everything with me. Because of all the issues Ive always had with my eyes, I am very nervous about my vision, and Dr. Spellman was very kind, even though Im downright neurotic about things. He is wonderful!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

I rarely give 5s, but Dr. Spellman deserves them! He is knowledgable, caring and thorough, and will go the extra mile to accomodate his patients. I had known *of* Dr.S because my husband had seen him for years before we moved 85 miles away. Two months ago I went to him for a second opinion of a cataract. Not only did he confirm what the optomotrist discovered, but he found the other eye has one. Last month I had the (original) cataract removed with no problems whatsoever. He, his staff, and the surgical facility where I had the surgery are all TOP NOTCH, yet unpretentious. I will continue recommending him to others, and will **certainly** have him remove the other cataract when warranted.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

DR Spellman is rude and arrogant. He made me feel like I was unimportant and my problem was not important. DO NOT SEE HIM... HE IS NOT CARING!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Spellman for many years. He recently performed cataract surgery with implants on both eyes. He has performed cataract surgery on my husband and my 90 year old mother. He and his staff are wonderful. He is very thorough and never rushes you through. His staff is the same. I am moving about 75 miles away and will continue to see Dr. Spellman

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

flag | Submitted May 2, 2009

Dr. Steven G. Spellman's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1982)

• BCBS Florida