Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey B. Persons

Extremely rude. The elderly patient was transported to a hospital where Dr. Persons was on call. After asking the doctor when he would take her in for surgery, his response was, "what's it to you?" He made comments about having his regularly scheduled surgeries before medicaid patients. I don't expect him to be my new best friend but I do not appreciate belligerence. I have always had good experiences with the Sentara system but this guy has me wondering if Sentara is lowering their standards. Do not expect a follow-up appointment to be on time but plan on sitting in his waiting room for at least two hours.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Love it when a doctor decides to schedule appointments on his on call day so he can do surgeries and doesn't have to show up and really help us.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

I waited 2.5 hrs for my last appointment and it was an early morning appointment! After waiting for 3 weeks to get some follow-up info, I finally called them. The co-ordinator was very surprised and thought I had already been taken care of. Not very reassuring so I've decided to go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

The worst bedside manner, always over an hour late. Very condescending, talks down to you. Messed up my surgery, had to end up getting a second opinion and revision surgery. Seems to have a temper problem.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2014

Be prepared to wait a long time after your scheduled appt. time.to see the Dr.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2010

Dr. Jeffrey B. Persons's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1981)

Kaiser-Permanente