Ratings for Dr. Darryl Toth

Have had an odd inflamed spot near my hairline for many (8?) years - about the size of the tip of my little finger, it comes and goes, generates a small patch of scaly skin which gradually dries up and the whole thing disappears for a while. My doctor wasn't sure what it was and booked me an appointment with Dr. Toth. I finally get in and, shortly after a nurse put me in a room, Dr. Toth blasts in, literally wearing running shoes, looks at my inflammation and asks "How long have you had this?" I gave him the estimate I mentioned above. "That's cancer - book an appointment at the front desk and come back to my lab for a biopsy". And, without any further discussion, he dashed off to the next lucky patient. I was immediately suspicious, having never heard of a melanoma that heals and recurs or scabs and clears up, especially one that persists, unchanged, for 8ish years. And I couldn't help noticing that he wanted to run his tests in his lab in his office, presumably so as to bill the Province for the questionable proceedure. So I took a chance and waited a while to see if there was anything that would bare out his claim. I waited a year and a half without seeing things get better or worse and then took my condition to Dr. Tan for a second opinion. He studied it carefully under magnification and told me it was seborrheic keratosis, "*one of the most common noncancerous skin growths in older adults. A seborrheic keratosis usually appears as a growth on the face, chest, shoulders or back. It has a waxy, scaly, slightly elevated appearance and is completely harmless". *Mayo Clinic website. I have to believe that Dr. Toth must know the difference between this common skin condition and the distinct signs of one of the deadliest forms of cancer, especially since his web profile lists his areas of research interests as: Psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Eczema, Acne, Onychomycosis, Actinic Keratoses, and, well, blow me down, Seborrheic Dermatitis! So why would he give me what he must know was an alarming and ultimately bogus opinion, hit-and-run style? Could it have anything to do with the fee he could charge for an unnecessary biopsy on a simple keratosis? His treatment of me was a joke from beginning to end and I would warn anyone to avoid him and seek the opinion of an actual dermatologist, especially if you suspect you have a real problem as he is very busy handing out thoughtless, possibly intentionally fake diagnoses to people with common, easily recognizable conditions. I have never met a physician as untrustworthy as I found Dr. Toth to be. BTW, here are the symptoms of a real melanoma, ones you should act on immediately if something like this appears on your skin - A popular method for remembering the signs and symptoms of melanoma is the mnemonic "ABCDE": Asymmetrical skin lesion. Border of the lesion is irregular. Color: melanomas usually have multiple colors. Diameter: moles greater than 6 mm are more likely to be melanomas than smaller moles. Enlarging: Enlarging or evolving. So now even you know more about what to look for than Dr. Toth seems to. Use sunscreen and find a real doctor if needed.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

This man is arrogant and condescending. He verbally attacked my spouse for no reason and kept at it. He's a poor excuse for a human being and will be reported to the Ontario College of Physicians!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

After waiting 6 months for my appointment, I then had to wait an hour in the waiting room. Once I made it in to see the doctor, he was rude . He told me I had complicated acne and there wasn’t anything he could do , and that I could try cetephil (or whatever it’s called ) from shoppers. He also proceeded to tell me that I didn’t have cystic acne ( which I know some of my acne is )

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

I just left the office... I love this guy.... he is attentive, thourough and funny. We scheduled a follow up to take care of 8 issues he identified..... I have to say it was a great experience. He is very busy... takes time to get in.... however I did not feel rushed when I was with the doctor...... After reading a few of the reviews on here I was anxious, but I can honestly say... Dr Toth is Awsome!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

took 5 months to get an appointment. Then they rescheduled and moved it back by 2 weeks. Finally went in, waited 5 minutes. Got into the room he came in... basically told me he couldn't help with my wart problem since freezing isn't covered by ohip.. also i couldn't use topical creams as i breastfeed. Was in the office for less than 10 minutes. Super disappointing for an over 5 month wait.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

Its almost as if they purposefully make it hard to reach them. Never have I ever had a harder time contacting someone. Always closing for weeks at a time just to not amswer the phones once they are back.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

Dr. Toth is the fifth dermatologist I have seen over the years. He is far better than any of the previous 4. He listens, asks the right questions and takes decisive action. I was so fed up with my previous dermatologist that I went to Toronto for treatment. I wish I had seen Dr Toth before that. I would have saved a trip.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

I have been seeing Doctor Toth for more than 5yrs for my psoriasis. I can say enough good things about him and his staff. In highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

The positive reviews are surprising. I have never had a good experience with this doctor - he was dismissive, mocked me for an injury (unrelated to the visit) I had recently sustained, didn't seem at all interested in answering my questions and was overall overbearing, belligerent, and rude. He did not inspire confidence in his abilities. His staff compensated for him though, and I think they are the only saving grace of that clinic. Overall, I can't recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Very nice doctor took his time answered all my questions, and precribed a cream. that help my condition, but I had to wait for more than 1 hour in the waiting room ,and had to wait 5 monthes to see him but otherwise he's a good doctor.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017