Ratings for Dr. Darryl Toth

He refuses to provide any prescriptions for pain medication and does a disservice to his clients by only providing partial treatment because some crackhead drug abuser over dosed on paim meds. What a ridiculous approach to treating patients with legitimate and serious paon issues associated eith whatever medical issue brings you to his office

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Awesome kind doctor. Knows his stuff and very helpful! Asked how my school was going etc. Also explained the prescribed medications a bit. It was an hour wait but it's fine because you have to understand he's a busy doctor. I heard the receptionist talking on the phone about being completely booked until march.. and it's December. I originally booked my appointment with him in August and just got mine at the end of November so make sure to book ahead and not miss it! Bring food with you as it is a long wait time at his office. If anyone has trouble finding his office go through the first building, through the pharmacy you'll find an elavator and take it to the 2nd floor room 210. Overall very happy with this doctor!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

I began seeing the doctor in february and I have mixed feelings. He prescribed me accutane, which is helping. He is always a few hours behind in all appointments. He also meant to prescribe me a certain dosage and told the pharmacist to give me DOUBLE the amount healthy for me. He is rude but did apolagize for this mistake.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

I saw Dr. Toth for about 1 year. During this time my psoriasis got much worse. He changed my biologics and told me to stop taking methotrexate for my arthritis. The result was spending 2 months unable to walk and a summer ruined. Here I am 6 months later still dealing with the poor outcomes of his suggestions. He does have a very dry sense of humour and I think his awkwardness stems from some sort of deep insecurity. Also, when you have severe Psoriasis and arthritis, one cannot get an emergency appointment at this office.. That is ridiculous. I called my old dermatologist in Toronto and he could see me the next week. I doubt if Dr. keeps accurate notes as each time I saw him, he did not know that it was NOT the first time I saw him and what we had discussed previously, occassionally giving opposite . I did witness the office staff being very rude to people on the phone. I doubt they understand how painful some skin issues can be.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

He is a quack! Waited hours for appointment. Staff was weak

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

After reading all the negative reviews I was anxious about my visit. My wait time was reasonable and did not exceed 30 minutes. Dr. Toth was personable, professional and answered all my questions. I have a treatment plan for the next three months that I hope will assist with my skin rash. The front end staff were pleasant and I overheard some patients being very rude to them and they maintained their pleasant demeanor.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

I did not have a pleasant experience with this doctor... He had a medical student with him (didn't ask my permission to have him in the appointment), he completely disregarded everything my physician had written in the referral and told me that I was over reacting and creating problems that were not there. This was not the appointment I was expecting after waiting months to be seen. I will not be returning. A word of advice for people going to see him, bring a friend or relative.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Just to let you know, I had an appointment with Dr Darryl Toth this morning and I was greatly impressed by the quality of care I received. Everyone could not been more helpful or considerate to me. Their whole place is a wonderful team aimed at helping patients. I am grateful to be his patient.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Horrible experience. After waiting 7 months and 1 hour in his waiting room , I got an urgent 5 minute conversation. He had, I'm guessing, a student with him who did not introduce himself or let me know who is joining my doctors appointment. I explain my skin rash to him that was flared up when I made a specialist appointment but has somewhat cleared now. There was still skin discoloration and dryness though and he told me he would look at my "invisible rash". I then informed him that o took pictures after I found out when my appointment was scheduled. "let's looks at these blurry pictures " he responded. I showed him an while he was looking I wa studying to talk to him about it and he kept cutting me off and talking to the secret guest in my room. He then told me the only treatment was lotion?! oh lotion, I should of tried lotion!lol he then told me to move somewhere warm all year or vacation in the winter months., awesome... totally realistic solution! Then after asking him about possible correlation/causation with pregnancy as he is trying to leave because I guess my time is up, he says "yeah sure blame your baby". End of appointment. In shock I left laughing, did that seriously just happen?

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Dr. Toth was quite courteous during the first visit although we had to wait 2 hours past the scheduled time. The second time his waiting room was empty. The receptionist took us to the examining room ad stated the doctor would be along shortly. He entered after 35 minutes, and was very dismissive saying he does not have any miracles up his sleeve since the current medication has not been effective. He barely spoke to us and just gave my husband a prescription to get UV rays treatments without explaining the benefits and challenges of undergoing this procedure. Of course we all are Google MDs, but you'd expect some proper advice from a specialist. The visit was a very bad experiences. It is time that we has OHIP patients have a voice and put an end to dismissive and arrogant behaviours from some doctors. We do have wonderful doctors- but there has to be some accountability. In the end we all pay for these visits as tax-payers. OHIP needs to be more transparent and give patients a voice and more power in the decision-making process.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016