Ratings for Dr. Darryl Toth

Great doctor, I recommend him ignore the bad reviews for me I had acne and he prescribed be accutane, hope it works was very clear with the side effects and was a funny guy overall. I have to admit the wait was just a little long but it's whatever.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

I really don't understand all the negative reviews. I have been seeing Dr. Toth for several years. He is knowledgeable, and has always been kind. I especially like that he sits down and takes time to address all my concerns and put me at ease. With other dermatologists I had to get a referral for each and every different issue I had. He did a great job at removing a few cancerous cells and was great with follow up. Yes you may have to wait awhile, but that is because he takes time with his patients and he is one of a only few dermatologists serving this area. I have waited longer for my GP. His staff is also friendly I would definitely recommend D. Toth and am very thankful to him.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Absolutely horrible. I have never encountered such a rude doctor before. All the questions he asked me were filled with attitude, and this even extended to his facial expressions. He asked me questions such as, "You've never been to a skin doctor before??" and "How bad do you think your acne is?" I told him I'm not in the habit of rating my acne compared to others, so I didn't know, and he just gave me a rude look. He then abruptly told me that Accutane was my only solution and that that's all he can offer me. Great. Good thing I waited for an appointment for six months and waited in the waiting room for over an hour for that. He refused to try or suggest anything else, even when I told him that I have other, more serious, health problems that prevent me from taking Accutane. I was not expecting to be aggressively challenged during the whole appointment, and if I had known he was only going to offer me Accutane, I wouldn't have bothered to come in. Bottom line - if you have cystic acne and don't want to/can't take Accutane, don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr Toth removed a cancerous spot that Dr D Radin had dismissed as insignificant a few weeks earlier. He Dr Toth is knowledgeable and professional.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017

Doesn't have the same respect for everyone. Very quick and trying to get out the door through the whole appointment. Didn't take the time to ask further questions regarding my symptoms. Attitude is unjust. Good thing we don't have to pay cash for our health care because this doctor would be broke and not have a clientele. I guess Canada is stuck with him because people in paying countries wouldn't pay a dime for his services. Too bad he doesn't read his reviews because maybe then he would change his approach and attitude towards his patients. It's too bad Windsor has so few skin specialists. Won't be returning. Very arrogant. His time is no more valuable then mine. Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

He just gives off this "I am a douche" vibe. He is not a sensitive doctor or person - he makes inappropriate jokes, e.g. about patients' weight and having mentally ill children. Health-care wise, he forgets to tell you important details or ask you important questions that may make a certain medication or procedure unsafe for you. In general, I have found that unless you don't ask him yourself, he won't tell you. The wait time is also ridiculous - and then he rushes you out the door despite you telling him you still have questions. The woman at the front desk gives attitude and is not pleasant to interact with when booking your appointments.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

He refuses to provide any prescriptions for pain medication and does a disservice to his clients by only providing partial treatment because some crackhead drug abuser over dosed on paim meds. What a ridiculous approach to treating patients with legitimate and serious paon issues associated eith whatever medical issue brings you to his office

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Awesome kind doctor. Knows his stuff and very helpful! Asked how my school was going etc. Also explained the prescribed medications a bit. It was an hour wait but it's fine because you have to understand he's a busy doctor. I heard the receptionist talking on the phone about being completely booked until march.. and it's December. I originally booked my appointment with him in August and just got mine at the end of November so make sure to book ahead and not miss it! Bring food with you as it is a long wait time at his office. If anyone has trouble finding his office go through the first building, through the pharmacy you'll find an elavator and take it to the 2nd floor room 210. Overall very happy with this doctor!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

I began seeing the doctor in february and I have mixed feelings. He prescribed me accutane, which is helping. He is always a few hours behind in all appointments. He also meant to prescribe me a certain dosage and told the pharmacist to give me DOUBLE the amount healthy for me. He is rude but did apolagize for this mistake.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

I saw Dr. Toth for about 1 year. During this time my psoriasis got much worse. He changed my biologics and told me to stop taking methotrexate for my arthritis. The result was spending 2 months unable to walk and a summer ruined. Here I am 6 months later still dealing with the poor outcomes of his suggestions. He does have a very dry sense of humour and I think his awkwardness stems from some sort of deep insecurity. Also, when you have severe Psoriasis and arthritis, one cannot get an emergency appointment at this office.. That is ridiculous. I called my old dermatologist in Toronto and he could see me the next week. I doubt if Dr. keeps accurate notes as each time I saw him, he did not know that it was NOT the first time I saw him and what we had discussed previously, occassionally giving opposite . I did witness the office staff being very rude to people on the phone. I doubt they understand how painful some skin issues can be.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016