Ratings for Dr. David Sion

Dr. Sion removed a cyst from my back, saw him in a few weeks after the referral and had my cyst removed a 3 weeks after that. Had to wait an hour extra for the procedure but in the end, it was painless, no scarring and I was satisfied.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Dr. Sion is rude, arrogant and not helpful. Not respectful towards women.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Have been a patient for years ,Would highly recommend him

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Dr. Sion pulls no punches but is compassionate and kind. He has treated me twice for skin cancer on my face. First occurrence , he did the surgery and left me with no doubt as to what the outcome would look like. Stitches were small and neat and no infection or complications. Second occurrence, Dr. Sion referred me to Toronto for minimal scarring. Although the surgeon in Toronto was good, I would have preferred Dr. Sion.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

this doc is amazing...fixed my thumb and 2 fingers...going again for another finger.....tells how it is right to the point.....was friendly with me and talked to me all the way through the surgery....(about a cat)..lmao

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

My 19 month old son was seen for some huge boil like infection on his nose that popped up over night. Dr. Sion took one look and asked one simple question. " before this infection, did your son have a tiny divot or pore on his nose?" The answer was yes! He did( from birth). We had always brought this up to our GP and other doctors and it was always just ignored. Dr. Sion diagnosed my son in a matter of seconds. He was to the point and very serious which I really liked and appreciated! He had genuine concern. My son was born with a nasal dermoid cyst( that now was infected). He said flat out this was an emergency . This cyst could have extended into the skull . This infection could go to his brain and he needed a cat scan an sick kids in Toronto to rule that out. He booked us in with the head of the craniaofacial department and we were seen right away. Of course I was a mess at this point. I am very thankful that Dr. Sion is so knowledgeable and takes his job seriously. He has never been rude or inappropriate. He is just a no nonsense kinda guy. Connie his receptionist has always been very kind. The cat scan was negative. My son did have surgery on his face to have the cyst removed. All my follow ups have been with Dr Sion and you can barely see the scar thanks to his expertise. I would recommend this man to everyone.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

My husband was referred to Dr. Sion for melanoma on back, face and arm. Dr. Sion did the surgery and was able to remove it all. I would recommend this Dr. to family, friends and anyone looking for an absolutely dedicated knowledgeable surgeon. He pulls no punches AND gets the job done. God bless him.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Once you get past the sexual jokes and bias, you will find a good surgeon. One irritating trait: while waiting (too long) in his waiting room I overheard his receptionist repeatedly say "book an appointment to have the stitches removed". When it was my turn, I had to wait to be admitted into the hospital and then wait to be seen in the Plastics clinic. Once I finally saw him, he asked me to read 2 words from the Path report and said I could go. When I questioned why I was even there, I was told that was the only way to make patients read the Pathology report! I asked for it to be mailed to me so I could read more than 2 words. That final appointment was a true waste of time and money! However, I do blame OHIP somewhat -- the doctors probably get more payment if you are seen in a hospital. Ridiculous!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

A very good man who has excellent skills. He tells it the way it is but you pick up on his confidence in that he will do his best to fix things and he does. Do not let the stern expression scare you. He is a hard worker who has total focus and will do everything to make you well

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

One of the nicest doctors I've ever encountered. Very easy to talk to and very down to earth. He's actually really interesting to talk to; you can tell he loves his job. The wait time is quite long but they tell you that ahead of time so go with some good reading material. Overall a great experience and I would recommend Dr Sion to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015