Ratings for Dr. David Sion

Have been a patient for years ,Would highly recommend him

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Dr. Sion pulls no punches but is compassionate and kind. He has treated me twice for skin cancer on my face. First occurrence , he did the surgery and left me with no doubt as to what the outcome would look like. Stitches were small and neat and no infection or complications. Second occurrence, Dr. Sion referred me to Toronto for minimal scarring. Although the surgeon in Toronto was good, I would have preferred Dr. Sion.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

this doc is amazing...fixed my thumb and 2 fingers...going again for another finger.....tells how it is right to the point.....was friendly with me and talked to me all the way through the surgery....(about a cat)..lmao

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

My 19 month old son was seen for some huge boil like infection on his nose that popped up over night. Dr. Sion took one look and asked one simple question. " before this infection, did your son have a tiny divot or pore on his nose?" The answer was yes! He did( from birth). We had always brought this up to our GP and other doctors and it was always just ignored. Dr. Sion diagnosed my son in a matter of seconds. He was to the point and very serious which I really liked and appreciated! He had genuine concern. My son was born with a nasal dermoid cyst( that now was infected). He said flat out this was an emergency . This cyst could have extended into the skull . This infection could go to his brain and he needed a cat scan an sick kids in Toronto to rule that out. He booked us in with the head of the craniaofacial department and we were seen right away. Of course I was a mess at this point. I am very thankful that Dr. Sion is so knowledgeable and takes his job seriously. He has never been rude or inappropriate. He is just a no nonsense kinda guy. Connie his receptionist has always been very kind. The cat scan was negative. My son did have surgery on his face to have the cyst removed. All my follow ups have been with Dr Sion and you can barely see the scar thanks to his expertise. I would recommend this man to everyone.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

My husband was referred to Dr. Sion for melanoma on back, face and arm. Dr. Sion did the surgery and was able to remove it all. I would recommend this Dr. to family, friends and anyone looking for an absolutely dedicated knowledgeable surgeon. He pulls no punches AND gets the job done. God bless him.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Once you get past the sexual jokes and bias, you will find a good surgeon. One irritating trait: while waiting (too long) in his waiting room I overheard his receptionist repeatedly say "book an appointment to have the stitches removed". When it was my turn, I had to wait to be admitted into the hospital and then wait to be seen in the Plastics clinic. Once I finally saw him, he asked me to read 2 words from the Path report and said I could go. When I questioned why I was even there, I was told that was the only way to make patients read the Pathology report! I asked for it to be mailed to me so I could read more than 2 words. That final appointment was a true waste of time and money! However, I do blame OHIP somewhat -- the doctors probably get more payment if you are seen in a hospital. Ridiculous!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

A very good man who has excellent skills. He tells it the way it is but you pick up on his confidence in that he will do his best to fix things and he does. Do not let the stern expression scare you. He is a hard worker who has total focus and will do everything to make you well

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

One of the nicest doctors I've ever encountered. Very easy to talk to and very down to earth. He's actually really interesting to talk to; you can tell he loves his job. The wait time is quite long but they tell you that ahead of time so go with some good reading material. Overall a great experience and I would recommend Dr Sion to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

We were referred to Dr. Sion from the Met Campus Emergency Department after my husband suffered a severe crushing injury to his finger (three breaks in the bone). Our appointment the next day was at 7 am in the Emergency Department and after a brief wait for intake, Dr. Sion saw us promptly (there were 3 other referrals that morning). He showed my husband the x-ray and explained the injury in detail and his concerns. After generous freezing (over 3 times what the ER doctor had given the night before), he performed delicate reconstructive surgery in our room. He was incredibly thorough and very concerned about possible infection. He went above what we expected in terms of due diligence, insisting that we return in 48 hours for him to re-check the progress of the repair and inspect the area for problems. Yes, he has a unique sense of humour (we actually thought he was hilarious…exceptionally clever dry humour!), so enjoy his bedside manner! Very, very pleased with the care we received from Dr. Sion.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Dr. Sion and his receptionist, Connie, are both wonderful. Connie is extremely helpful and efficient, always pleasant to deal with. Dr. Sion is a very straight forward, knowledgable person, who will tell you like it is. He will always do his best, explaining everything (good and bad) as well as answer any questions you have. He has a unique sense of humour and a personality that will work well with some, and not with others. As other posters have said, it is not a personality contest and he is most definitely the best at what he does. If you have a longer wait time, you can be certain he was caught up with something very important as he usually does not make his patients wait. He is quick and efficient. I would definitely recommend him over and over, he has been extremely helpful and thoughtful with me.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Dr. David Sion's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Have been a patient for years ,Would highly recommend him "

April 25, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sion pulls no punches but is compassionate and kind. He has treated me twice for skin cancer on my face. First occurrence , he did the surgery and left me..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "this doc is amazing...fixed my thumb and 2 fingers...going again for another finger.....tells how it is right to the point.....was friendly with me and talked t..."

March 24, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "My 19 month old son was seen for some huge boil like infection on his nose that popped up over night. Dr. Sion took one look and asked one simple question. " be..."

March 21, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My husband was referred to Dr. Sion for melanoma on back, face and arm. Dr. Sion did the surgery and was able to remove it all. I would recommend this Dr. to fa..."

March 18, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Once you get past the sexual jokes and bias, you will find a good surgeon. One irritating trait: while waiting (too long) in his waiting room I overheard his r..."

February 23, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "A very good man who has excellent skills. He tells it the way it is but you pick up on his confidence in that he will do his best to fix things and he does. Do ..."

February 17, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "One of the nicest doctors I've ever encountered. Very easy to talk to and very down to earth. He's actually really interesting to talk to; you can tell he loves..."

November 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "We were referred to Dr. Sion from the Met Campus Emergency Department after my husband suffered a severe crushing injury to his finger (three breaks in the bone..."

November 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sion and his receptionist, Connie, are both wonderful. Connie is extremely helpful and efficient, always pleasant to deal with. Dr. Sion is a very strai..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Staff is rude and he doesn't seem to like/respect women. He seems very threatened by me when I ask questions. If you are referred to him, I would ask for anot..."

September 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I almost cancelled my appointment after seeing some of the reviews on here… I am very glad I didn't. Wait times are nothing crazy. Normal specialist wait times..."

August 28, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "the staff is rude they make you wait for hours at a time then david scions bed side manners are horrible he actually told me if I want better health care to go ..."

July 28, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Not sure if he was having a bad day, though I waited 2 hrs for a 2 min exam. To which I didn't even get a chance to explain my issues. "

July 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sion is an excellent specialist ! I also read the reviews prior to seeing him, some of the comments were "not so positive" and I was a bit leery (but he ..."

July 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Sion is a very competent doctor. My mother is aged and he took this in consideration when deciding whether to remove a melanoma or not. I am very impressed w..."

July 2, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Family had a very bad experience. No bed side manner what so ever."

July 1, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I've dealt with this surgeon a couple times and he is very rude and arrogant. He idolizes Toth and can't think for himself making misjudgements about the proto..."

June 14, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Sion has short man syndrome…very rude…told me to come back WHEN I have cancer…was there for skin tag removal, which could have easily been done in office, but h..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been referred to Dr. Sion a few times. What he lacks in bedside manner is well made up for in his skills and knowledge. He took care of my two trigger ..."

April 11, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Removal of cancer under my eye was amazing .His work made me look younger under cancer eye than under non infected eye .Very professional answered all questions..."

December 23, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Rude with very little time and care. Will hopefully never have to see him again."

November 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing but love for this man! if it wasn't for him I would have limited use of both my hands his surgeon skills are second to none! As for his bedside ..."

October 25, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Straight up rude! Went in for a consultation to only be blamed for the reason of the surgery. After a long talk about what I did wrong they started debating on ..."

October 16, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Fortunate to be referred to Dr. Sion. He is an excellent surgeon and addressed my Dr. Sion did carpal tunnel release problem promptly. Follow up was smooth and ..."

October 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've had the great fortune of having this man operate on me twice, once in 2001 and again in 2014. His work is absolutely amazing. I lack brilliance on the tr..."

September 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor! Absolutely flawless and cannot thank him enough for a smooth procedure."

September 23, 2014