Ratings for Dr. David Sion

One of the nicest doctors I've ever encountered. Very easy to talk to and very down to earth. He's actually really interesting to talk to; you can tell he loves his job. The wait time is quite long but they tell you that ahead of time so go with some good reading material. Overall a great experience and I would recommend Dr Sion to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

We were referred to Dr. Sion from the Met Campus Emergency Department after my husband suffered a severe crushing injury to his finger (three breaks in the bone). Our appointment the next day was at 7 am in the Emergency Department and after a brief wait for intake, Dr. Sion saw us promptly (there were 3 other referrals that morning). He showed my husband the x-ray and explained the injury in detail and his concerns. After generous freezing (over 3 times what the ER doctor had given the night before), he performed delicate reconstructive surgery in our room. He was incredibly thorough and very concerned about possible infection. He went above what we expected in terms of due diligence, insisting that we return in 48 hours for him to re-check the progress of the repair and inspect the area for problems. Yes, he has a unique sense of humour (we actually thought he was hilarious…exceptionally clever dry humour!), so enjoy his bedside manner! Very, very pleased with the care we received from Dr. Sion.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Dr. Sion and his receptionist, Connie, are both wonderful. Connie is extremely helpful and efficient, always pleasant to deal with. Dr. Sion is a very straight forward, knowledgable person, who will tell you like it is. He will always do his best, explaining everything (good and bad) as well as answer any questions you have. He has a unique sense of humour and a personality that will work well with some, and not with others. As other posters have said, it is not a personality contest and he is most definitely the best at what he does. If you have a longer wait time, you can be certain he was caught up with something very important as he usually does not make his patients wait. He is quick and efficient. I would definitely recommend him over and over, he has been extremely helpful and thoughtful with me.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Staff is rude and he doesn't seem to like/respect women. He seems very threatened by me when I ask questions. If you are referred to him, I would ask for another surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

I almost cancelled my appointment after seeing some of the reviews on here… I am very glad I didn't. Wait times are nothing crazy. Normal specialist wait times… I normally waited no more than 30 minutes for my appointments which were in the mornings. Does Dr. Sion have an unusual personality? Yes he does….. but this isn't a personality contest. I didnt go to see him to make a friend. I needed a surgeon and Dr. Scion is the best surgeon around. He is very serious about what he does….He is not going to coddle you and make you feel good inside… He is going to tell you like it is wether you want to hear it or not….. and I appreciate that. I respect his knowledge and skill and would recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

the staff is rude they make you wait for hours at a time then david scions bed side manners are horrible he actually told me if I want better health care to go to the united states and pay for it! its not the health care system in question its some of the health care people we employ that have abusive and bad egos!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Dr. Sion is an excellent specialist ! I also read the reviews prior to seeing him, some of the comments were "not so positive" and I was a bit leery (but he was referred by my dermatologist so I had to go). I went with an open mind and was very pleased.!! I thought he was professional, knowledgeable, patient and informative. Yes, he's straight to the point and maybe some people would rather be "baby'd". He explained in "laymen terms" what is really going on. I have seen Dr. Sion for more than one issue, but I can say when I had a flat mole removed from the tip of my nose I was obviously concerned with scarring. I had the removal in Nov. 2014 (less than one year ago) and the scar is not visible. Regarding his staff, I personally think his receptionist Connie is wonderful! .... she doesn't have time to "chit-chat" or " flirt " as I've witnessed with some receptionists. Connie was pleasant not rude as some have stated. Maybe those patients who did not have a good rating for Dr. Sion & Connie are a little too anxious and nervous because of the nature of their visit ? Seriously, I watched while I waited and didn't see anything rude. I would highly recommend Dr. Sion !! :)

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Dr Sion is a very competent doctor. My mother is aged and he took this in consideration when deciding whether to remove a melanoma or not. I am very impressed with his professionalism and dedication to his craft! The follow up orders have been spot on and she is recovering accordingly. Would recommend to all!!!!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Family had a very bad experience. No bed side manner what so ever.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr. David Sion's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "One of the nicest doctors I've ever encountered. Very easy to talk to and very down to earth. He's actually really interesting to talk to; you can tell he loves..."

November 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "We were referred to Dr. Sion from the Met Campus Emergency Department after my husband suffered a severe crushing injury to his finger (three breaks in the bone..."

November 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sion and his receptionist, Connie, are both wonderful. Connie is extremely helpful and efficient, always pleasant to deal with. Dr. Sion is a very strai..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Staff is rude and he doesn't seem to like/respect women. He seems very threatened by me when I ask questions. If you are referred to him, I would ask for anot..."

September 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I almost cancelled my appointment after seeing some of the reviews on here… I am very glad I didn't. Wait times are nothing crazy. Normal specialist wait times..."

August 28, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "the staff is rude they make you wait for hours at a time then david scions bed side manners are horrible he actually told me if I want better health care to go ..."

July 28, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Not sure if he was having a bad day, though I waited 2 hrs for a 2 min exam. To which I didn't even get a chance to explain my issues. "

July 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sion is an excellent specialist ! I also read the reviews prior to seeing him, some of the comments were "not so positive" and I was a bit leery (but he ..."

July 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Sion is a very competent doctor. My mother is aged and he took this in consideration when deciding whether to remove a melanoma or not. I am very impressed w..."

July 2, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Family had a very bad experience. No bed side manner what so ever."

July 1, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I've dealt with this surgeon a couple times and he is very rude and arrogant. He idolizes Toth and can't think for himself making misjudgements about the proto..."

June 14, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Sion has short man syndrome…very rude…told me to come back WHEN I have cancer…was there for skin tag removal, which could have easily been done in office, but h..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been referred to Dr. Sion a few times. What he lacks in bedside manner is well made up for in his skills and knowledge. He took care of my two trigger ..."

April 11, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Removal of cancer under my eye was amazing .His work made me look younger under cancer eye than under non infected eye .Very professional answered all questions..."

December 23, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Rude with very little time and care. Will hopefully never have to see him again."

November 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing but love for this man! if it wasn't for him I would have limited use of both my hands his surgeon skills are second to none! As for his bedside ..."

October 25, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Straight up rude! Went in for a consultation to only be blamed for the reason of the surgery. After a long talk about what I did wrong they started debating on ..."

October 16, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Fortunate to be referred to Dr. Sion. He is an excellent surgeon and addressed my Dr. Sion did carpal tunnel release problem promptly. Follow up was smooth and ..."

October 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've had the great fortune of having this man operate on me twice, once in 2001 and again in 2014. His work is absolutely amazing. I lack brilliance on the tr..."

September 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor! Absolutely flawless and cannot thank him enough for a smooth procedure."

September 23, 2014