Ratings for Dr. Philippe Starosta

We are a family of five and have been going to Dr. Starosta for 12 years. I have read some of the previous reviews and have to say that none of the negative's mentioned, I have experienced. When my children were born...all premies, I called and asked him to take on the care of my babies as I completely trusted him with their well being. To this day is has always gone above and beyond for us.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

He is very interesting and hope to actually see him oneday

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Completely dismissive to my needs. I tell him where I'm experiencing issues, he disregards it as being ridiculous. Very reluctant to give out requisitions for something as simple as blood work, as he feels it is useless until you hit the age of 40. I waited 2yrs for a physical, and barely checked anything; a quick flash of a light in the mouth and the use of a stethoscope checking my breathing....that's it. I tell him a concern I've been having with a particular form of treatment and ask for an alternative? He just gives me more as if to say shut up, you're not doing it properly......he was never this way when I first met him in the mid 90's....his passion for the practice as well as his well-being overall seems to have become lost through the years....avoid this doctor, you're better off diagnosing yourself through Google instead of wasting your time...

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

He is not a compassionate Doctor. Would not give me a sick note after I suffered serious injuries to my leg which could have been broken. He told me he does not give sick notes for transportation issues and if I had a challenging time going to work it was not his place to give me time off. Disrespectful, rude, and does not care about patients. Cancels my physical each year because he is over booked and then the receptionist calls me to book me in a YEAR later. It has happened 3 times. Go to Doctor Connelly. He cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

He is knowledgeable and up to date. A caring doctor who listens and gives good advice - very personable - our entire family is in his care - lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Starosta since he first started practicing in Kanata and he is simply the best and kindest doctor anyone could hope for. He actually listens and looks at you during conversations, not at the chart. Only complaint - not always easy to get a timely appointment with him. Other doctors are always available for you but not always the one you want. The other doctors at the Clinic are also very good but patients usually want their own doctor when they are sick. I consider myself extremely lucky to have him as my physician.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

The staff are great. The clinic gets really busy and it's hard at times to get a timely appointment. Dr Starosta always takes the time to listen, research and comment. Very personable. Been a patient for over 10 years.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Takes a professional attitude. Always oourteous, and a very good listner. Explains well your options and is up to date on medical development. Both I and my wife have been his patients since moving to Ottawa, 15 yrs. ago.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012

Very personable. Open to other ways besides traditional medicine. Listens to what you have to say.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

DR. Starosta has been my doctor for over 8 yrs now. I live and work in East End Ottawa and willingly travel to Kanata in the West End to visit the best doctor in town. He is professional, intelligent, kind, caring and sincere. Hes an aswome man and awsome doctor.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011