Ratings for Dr. Jane T. Chew

Amazing doctor. She is must see as Dr. Chew is nice, friendly, and so smart.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr. Chew is a very nice doctor but she should learn to treat her patients the same. I went to her because of hair loss. I explained to her my issue and right away she told me its because of as women using chemicals. I agreed and ask her what can I do if anything to stop the hair loss and the itching of my scalp. She did a quick glance and said all I can provide is oil. She didn't examine my scalp at all. I guess I was wasting her time with because she seemed to focus on the patients that were getting botox. Dr Lynda Crawford is my new doctor and she is great. She is testing my thyroids and I am scheduled for a biopsy in 2 weeks. She explained the hair may not grow back but we can prevent it from getting worst.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

We have no problem with the visit, but the low rating is for the billing practice. We were not informed to call our insurance or check to see if she participate Aetna PPO, during appointment making and visit, all we were told was our insurance was ok. Few weeks later, we got a billed of $180 with message that provider does not participate with Aetna. I called and talked to a woman, she indicated other patient had similar comments before. I was upset for not being well informed before and during my visit. If I knew the insurance may be a problem, I would do my homework and chose another doctor. In my opinion, the inability to inform patient about their billing options is a big problem. I will not go back again. By the way, we were not too impressed with the doctor either. More reason for me not to go back.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

I usually do a vitalize peel but I always seem to get the unfriendlist person on the phone. She is booked for 3 months not even going to check for a day within the three months. I mean there is usually a call out but she pretty much hunged up on me. A vitalize peel is 180.00 but I guess someone will take that money from me if they won't.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

Wonderful Doctor! Helped me with my skin problem and maintenance plan.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

Dr. Chew is the best! She is smart, sassy and clearly loves helping others. She has found multiple skin cancers on me and have removed all of them with great skill; people are amazed by my scars! And unlike most other docs, I never wait more than 10 minutes in her reception area!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

My family and I have been Dr. Chew's patients for many years. Her staff are super friendly and helpful. Dr. Chew has a wonderful bedside manner and has always treated our skin conditions effectively and accurately. I would recommend her highly!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2011

I took my son who was diagnosed with Vitiligo. She spoke to me very matter of factly and dismissed my concerns. I believed she just wanted to move on to her next appointment. I would never see her again.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010

I went to Dr. Chew to have some moles removed. She spent less than 3 minutes examining them (10+) and made a quick plan for removal over 3 sessions. I voiced my concern about difficulties with previous similar procedures. First session was quick <10min. She said she would devise next session based on how I tolerated the first. the second session went the same as the first but she did not evaluate my healing from previous procedure despite my request to do so. The second and third procedures left me with scars that would have been mitigated by closer, more mindful care. I will not go back to her and I would not recommend her to another.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2009

I felt very rushed. Was concerned about a lesion and she made the comment "THIS is what you're concerned about".

flag | Submitted August 7, 2009

Dr. Jane T. Chew's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1995)