Ratings for Dr. I.G.H. Peer

Had Dr. Peers for my ERCP to remove stones from vbie ducts, after a gallbladder surgery. Great bedside manner. Checked in on me each day while in the hospital to ask how I was feeling and to let me know what was going on regarding my procedure as well as follow up after. Overall great experience with him!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

I am suffering with h-pylori and he knew I needed help but he cancelled me five times my appointments because of his trips. He doesn't care about patients that have difficult problems. I am glad he is retiring.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

The wife and I both enjoyed being patients.....we will miss him a bunch as he's retiring this year. Have a great retirement and live a long long life.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

Dr Peer is a wonderful caring doctor Who really cares for his patients He is very knowledgeable and is the nicest doctor ever.. I been sick for a long time. With Crohn's and Dr. Peer has been nothing but the greatest loving and caring doctor ever.. he is very much devoted to his patients.. I really love him and and am completely great full for his wonderful care.... People may say he is in a rush. But you have to remember he is one of a kind. And is always so busy. And on call with the hospital..

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

Lousy for Crohn's or ulcerative colitis. Totally clueless. Go to London and see Dr. Feagan. Much more knowledgeable. Difference like night and day.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in October of last year, first appointment went ok, but says basically yes you have Crohn's disease and spent the rest of the time talking to my mother about her next colonoscopy. This appointment was supposed to be about me not my mother. Second appointment not so great, I told him the meds weren't working and he left me without meds and or treatment. Just blood work and a scan. I ended up having a scan 3 weeks ago. Did I receive a call about it?? Not so far! I called and left a stern message. I'll be suprised if I get a call back.... I am very sick and nothing is done to help me. Oh I found out part of my scan results from my own family doctor. Even if I get a call back I probably won't bother with an appointment. I'll wait for a new GI. Do some ( not all) of these doctors realize that their patients DO know their own bodies! Horrible doctor!!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

Dr. Peer is a highly skilled doctor - but refused to treat me without saying anything at all except your scope is done - good-bye. Eight years later (still in pain) I found myself with an exploding gallbladder and sucking up to him because he is the only one in Windsor who could save me. Why didn't he simply help me eight years earlier? I might still have my gallbladder. Very knowledgeable, but not interested in helping a white woman (wrong colour or because I'm a woman?).

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

THIS DOCTOR AND HIS STAFF ARE THE BEST I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN MY SIXTY YEARS. YOU WOULD BE BLESSED IF YOU ARE REFERRED TO DR. PEER AND HIS STAFF.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

He is a very kind and compansionate man. His practice is very busy as he doesn't want to turn anyone down. We need more physcians like himself. If I have to wait for 6 months to see him I will as I know I will be taken care of when I do see him. The man is overworked and perhaps people should be grateful that we have someone like Dr. Peer in our city.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

My father died during Dr. Peer ERCP procedure (removal of stones in bile duct). Dr. Peer attempted the ERCP procedure 3 days prior to his death and Dr. Peer said there was a lot of inflammation and made an incision in his bile duct. As well, Dr. Peer told us that he did not have the right tool for this particular procedure. Why are you performing this procedure if Windsor Regional Hospital is ill equipped for this type of procedure? Dr. Peer said they would try in 5 days, which would allow inflammation to decrease and may also allow the stones to pass to the stool on their own. 3 days after having the first ERCP procedure attempted Dr. Peer said that he got his tool and was going to perform the ERCP procedure that day. This was 2 days earlier then he originally said and they had allowed my father to go on a normal diet. Isn't the standard protocol, not to eat or drink anything for at least 8 hours prior to the ERCP procedure? Well, apparently it was okay that my father had been drinking water, juice, and ate breakfast only an hour before they said he was going in for the procedure. Why was this rushed? My father was not in a life threatening condition. We also, mentioned to the family doctor, Dr. Bergeron who was looking after my father too, that his breathing had changed and was laboured. She told us that it was due to lying down in the hospital bed. Why was this simple sign of laboured breathing overlooked? Why wasn't there an assessment done prior to him going in for the ERCP procedure? Why didn't Dr. Peer or Dr. Bergeron notice that his breathing wasn't normal and his SPO2 was too low to be sedated for an ERCP procedure? How many doctors does my father have to see before someone realizes that a simple vital sign isn't normal? Dr. Peer continued the ERCP procedure second attempt and was able to finish and put a stent in his bile duct. Just as they finished they finally realized my father had gone into cardiac arrest. From the medical records, Dr. Peer's staff did not record my father's vitals for over 35 minutes during the procedure. And the vitals were recorded by hand, no computer print out. Why is Windsor Regional still recording everything by hand still?As soon as my father showed signs of stress then the vitals were recorded one minute apart until his vitals were zero. The worst part is that the room where they perform ERCP procedures is NOT equipped for resuscitation, so they had to rush my father to the ER. Well, this means that if they don't get my father to the ER under 4 minutes brain damage will set in and I can tell you that he wasn't brought there under 4 minutes. Why is the ERCP procedure room ill equipped again for dealing with a situation like this one? If you have looked up ERCP procedures you will find that there is only 3% chance of complications, so this means death is even lower than 3% . My father was healthy, we brought him to Windsor Regional Hospital to get better and he died within 3 days. My life is forever changed.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016