Ratings for Dr. Mark A. Gapinski

This is the WORST doctor’s office I have EVER encountered! If you value your time and body do NOT go to this place! They will CANCEL your appointment for any reason what so ever. I waited several weeks to see the doctor, and was canceled by his staff member named Jennifer. She has to be the rudest person ever to walk to earth, (no joke). I was in tears with her on the phone of my very sensitive, major issues I was having and she had no care in the world and still took it upon herself to cancel my appointment. I highly think the doctors knows she did this, as he is losing patients due to her unprofessionalism. This is NOT the first time I heard they cancel appointments…. BEWARE, and DO NOT got to this place.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Dr. Gapinski is my hero! I am alive today because of him. I first met him when he was on-call in the ER and I was suffering a life-threatening post-partum hemorrhage 1 week after delivering my twins at another hospital and under the care of another OB/GYN. I was a bit nervous that a doctor I wasn'€™t familiar with would be performing emergency surgery on me, but I quickly found out that not only was he the OB/GYN of the ER nurse treating me, he was also the OB/GYN of my daughter's PICU doctor!!! That immediately put my mind at ease and I knew that he must be the best. Sure enough, Dr. Gapinski expertly assessed my situation/condition and then performed life-saving emergency surgery. Because of his expertise and skill, I not only lived when many have told me I shouldn'€™t have, I was able to avoid a hysterectomy. The follow up care I received from Dr. Gapinski while I was recovering in the hospital was second to none. He was compassionate, kind, caring and funny. His bedside manner is fantastic. He explained to me that he is a sole practitioner, which is almost unheard of these days, and when he explained why he'€™s chosen to be a sole practitioner I knew that had he been my doctor all along I would have never been in the mess he found me in when we met in the ER. He truly gets to know his patients on a whole different level than a standard OB/GYN practice where you rotate between doctors at every appointment. Needless to say, I never went back to my original OB/GYN practice again, not even for my 6 week postpartum visit. I immediately switched to Dr. Gapinski , and he has been caring for me ever since. His in-office care has been just as wonderful as his in-patient hospital care. He has always been on-time, I never feel rushed, he happily answers all my questions and always makes me feel cared about (beyond just my OB/GYN needs). Not only is Dr. Gapinski second to none, his office staff is just as wonderful. From the receptionist to the nurses, they are all caring, kind and helpful. All the times I've told my story to other doctors/medical professionals at the hospital, they've all said the same thing: I am alive today because it was Dr. Gapinski on call in the ER that morning. I've been told countless times that he is the best of the best, and I've lost count how many nurses and doctors at the hospital have told me that Dr. Gapinski is their OB/GYN, too. He is top notch!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr.Gapinski and his staff are so nice. He has been my Doc for about 5 years. Delivered my first son and I did have a complication durring delivery and his fast actions and knowledge saved me from having a transfusion. He is now caring for me for a second pregnancey, His nurse Jen is always so helpful and knowledgable about any aches pains durring pregnancy and is always availible. I love Doctor G! Wouldn't think twice about exceptional health care.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

Dr.Gapinski quick actions helped save my babies life when my water broke at 25 weeks. I had a very high risk pregnancy and he and his staff were always helpful in taking my calls and seeing me if necessary. I will be forever grateful and highly recommend Dr. Gapinski and his team. He is one of the best doctors I had in my lifetime.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012

Dr. Gapinski is the best! He always listens to concerns and actually takes time to talk to you about them. I've had two children with him and couldn't have asked for a better doctor

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

Dr G. is very friendly but if you have pelvic pain being nice is not going to help you. I had pelvic pain for 7 months and after several appts he told me it is not gynelogical even through it hurt while he was doing my exam and pressing on my uterus. Tried to treat me with antidepessants whiched caused me more side effects and told me to follow-up with my reg doctor. On my last apt he also said "oh I saw you about a year ago for a ovarian cyst" I had just been there 6 weeks prior. I went to another gyne who listened and did a laporoscopy. I ended up having emdometriosis, pelvic adhesions, IC of the bladder, and andomyosis. All of which are major gyne issues. I am already in a lot less pain and will be having a partial hystorectomy soon. He caused me to have several months of unneccessary pain, loss of quality of life, a ton of unneccessary medical bills, and made me feel like my issues were all in my head. You know your body, and you are the one paying for your treatments.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

This is the most unprofessional office I have encountered. The steff is judgmental if they decide they don't like you but can be super nice to other patients on a dime. I had a pregnancy complication that was rare and the OB couldn't diagnose or treat it. Instead he tossed the research article from a medical journal on the floor and told me to go to Urgent Care if the issue persisted. I switched providers and my new OB has properly diagnosed, treated and resolved my complication.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

I have been going through a miscarriage since Dec. 2011. This is March 28, 2012 and I am still bleeding without this doctor ever seeing me one time! I have been sent to labs and nothing else. Now I finally have an ultrasound scheduled which took 2 weeks to get and he is on vacation until Monday and there is nobody else there to review my ultrasound and let me know what is wrong with me! This is by far the worst doctor I have ever dealt with and I have had now 4 miscarriages and 2 births!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

Dr Gapinski is the best. My insurance recently changed their policy and my copay went from $20 to $75 to see him. Would be $20 if I chose someone else. I researched and called a couple of offices. Decided to pay the extra money and stay with him even though due to my ovarian cysts, I average about 7 appts per year. No babies in my future, but his bedside manner and his amazingly sweet and helpful office staff make it worth it for me. Finding a doctor like Dr Gapinski is a rarity.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2012

Dr. Gapinski has been my gyn for several years . . . I'm too old to be an OB patient! Yet, he has treated me like I was his favorite patient, even though I only have a quick annual exam. His office manager (I think her name is Alena) is the most friendliest, helpful person I've ever met. What a joy it is to go to the doctor when you know it is going to be a nice and friendly experience. These folks are great! I highly recommend this office for everyone.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Dr. Mark A. Gapinski's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1995)

Top Hospitals in Winfield, IL