Ratings for Dr. Bernhard Ernst Driedger

Total idiot! Destroyed my right knee with a botched replacement. took me five years to get another surgeon to fix it. Will never be as good as it was prior to Driegers f... up. go to trail if you want it done correctly. Wouldn't let him touch a pet rat!!!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Thanks to this geriatric egotistical tyrant I had a simple broken ankle turn into a permanent disability so he could make a buck before boarding a plane for his vacation, leaving me without care. Doctors like him give all others a bad name. If you note the 5 star ratings, you can probably line up the service with how much he made off of each patient. Don't do it. Make the drive to ANYWHERE else. The inconvenience is greatly woth being able to keep your mobility. Also, my previous review was removed, so you gotta wonder how honest these sites really are...

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

I have had my right knee, then my right hip, and most recently my left hip, all three being complete replacements . Dr Driedger, may seem abrupt when you first meet him, and as well the nursing staff at the Cranbrook hospital will say he is old school and that he has his way of doing the job. I'd sooner be told straight up what the outcome will be like, and what he wears, how he is on contact with you is really irrelevant. The big issue is getting the job done with a good outcome-he has done hundreds of these types of operations with success, to add to his credit.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Dr. Driedger performed surgery on my broken ankle and did a great job. At first it was uncomfortable and I spent 6 months with the plates and screws in it, but once I went back in to have them removed, my ankle feels brand new. No pain or issues! Can be blunt, but very meticulous and skilled at what he does.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Our family doctor referred me to this doctor to administer a shot of lubricant in my knee prior to my knee surgery in Calgary. I already had a diagnosis and surgery date with an arthroscopic surgeon in Calgary. He refused to look at x-rays and MRI's that had already been done, and wanted to redo these tests, which would have required two separate 200 km trips and another 6 month wait time. He took three personal phone calls during our consultation, lost his train of thought, and told me I was wasting his time with nothing more than arthritic gout and that the doctor in Calgary was an idiot. The knee surgery was done in Calgary by one of the country's best knee and hip specialists, a man who has in fact pioneered many of the new knee and hip procedures used in Canada and the US with great success and rapid recovery times. My impression of Dr. Driedger is that he does not keep up with the latest developments in his own field, does not see enough of different kinds of knee problems to make a competent diagnosis . In any case the Cranbrook Hospital would not have the newest medical equipment to do the new procedures. If you can forgive him his arrogance and you're willing to settle for good enough, with an uncertain outcome, Dr. Driedger's your man. Otherwise steer clear. You can find a better orthopedic surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

This is a amazing man I have been with him for 20 hrs and has done everything g he could for me. He wife is great and so is dawn that works in his office he is lots of fun and loves a good joke I would trust my life with man If u go and see him and he can only fix u to the best of his ability he is not God and can only do what he can and its not what he does wrong it's how yr body heels it self He as always explained to me what needs to be done and how he will do it in my books this man is a perfect doctor and he is number one in my book

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

Great doctor. Was very friendly to me when I went in for surgery

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

I found Dr Driedger to be awesome. He has done 2 surgery's for me and I couldn't be happier. He treated me with dignity and was able to fix both problems with great skill. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

He can be blunt but I found him very fair and skillful. Maybe not the best bedside manner, but a great surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

I had gone to emergency with a serious injury to my hand, and after waiting FAR too long for the on-call doctor to arrive, Dr. Dreiger shows up wearing a floral print t-shirt and shorts and sandals and I thought, "THIS guy is the doctor??!" He took one look at my hand and told me matter-of-fact there was nothing that could be done for me and there was no choice but to amputate. We flew via STARS to Foothills Hospital in Calgary, where my finger was reattached no problem. All in all, a horrible experience with this doctor, and my family has had similar experiences. My dad ended up driving himself to Calgary with a half chopped through wrist just because Dreiger was simply going to sew him up, not repair nerves and tendons?? My grandma's arm is mangled after her surgery with him. My friend had to have his surgery redone by a doctor in Kelowna after Dreiger botched it. Do NOT let this man touch you.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011