Ratings for Dr. Armstrong Mettle

Waste of time. Terrible. Waited over two hours for appointment and didn't get satisfaction. Doesn't the government moniter any of these clinics.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

I normally see Dr. Ollegasagreme who I quite like. She is off on holidays so I booked in to see Dr. Mettle. He was abrupt and not helpful. I asked for a pregnancy test and he never actually said whether I was pregnant. He didn't take my blood pressure, or ask if I had any concerns. I basically walked out of there with ZERO prenatal care. No reminder to take prenatal vitamins, nothing. I've never left a review for a Doctor before, but he was just terrible.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

Dr. Mettle was my doctor growing up. I trust him above everyone else. I can't doctor with him regularly as I live to far from Sasktoon but if I am in doubt or unsure about a medical situation I go back to him. He is a fantastic doctor!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

HORRIBLE doctor! please do not waste your time ,all negative reviews are true!! Better luck as a walk in anywhere else.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Do not go to this clinic! Hands down worst experience I've ever had. New to saskatoon looking for a family doctor , called and booked with doctor Mettle my appt. was at 3pm and I ha to wait until 4:30 to see him, while 4 people went in before me and showed up long after me. Once I met the doctor he was SO RUDE! He told me he could only deal with one problem at a time and would have to book another appointment for any other clinical issues. Then treated me so poorly it was uncomfortable and I just wanted to run out of there. I will NEVER go back to this clinic. The clinic was also disgusting with dirty fingerprints all over the walls and kids play area the bathroom had crude writing all over it! Clearly no one there cares about the place. GROSS!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

I had an appointment for 4:00 and I didn't get in to see him until 5:30. It would have been faster to show up as a walk in with another doctor in the same clinic. During my appointment we were interrupted 4 times by his staff, who needed him to sign something and print a new form. I will not be returning to him. It's no surprise that he's always accepting new patients....because nobody stays with him!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Patrician demeanor, crafty smile. Mettle talked expansively about how he is "not a scientist but a clinician" – an artisan who can "ignore lab results and make his own decisions." Examples: (1) My case: If a patient finds a way to live with symptoms, Mettle says "Why worry? Why dig deeper for a diagnosis?" I argued for half-hour for right to specialist. (2) General: Suppose a patient takes 2 Rx known to conflict with each other, and pharmacist warns they shouldn't be taken together. If no bad reaction occurred YET, Mettle "would just allow patient to continue. Why worry?" (3) General: FDA lists a maximum dose for each Rx marketed. Mettle said he "ignores that. The actual lethal dose of a Rx is six times the max dose, giving him a large buffer to prescribe above the official maximum." But lethal dose refers to mortality (death); maximum dose prevents morbidity (serious injury from side-effects). I wept after my appointment, and hours later deciphered why: Mettle has an undertone of ruthlessness.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

I have only been seeing Dr. Mettle over the past year. He has been very helpful and knowledgeable, and shows care and concern for maintaining the health of his patients over the long term. And he takes the time to make sure the patient understands the nature of his illness, and the nuances of treatment, with a full explanation of any drug therapies. This is a major departure from other doctors I have had, some of whom are literally gazing at their watches repeatedly, while trying to hurry you out of the examining room...after all MONEY is more important to them than the health of their patients. So, if he is late for our appointments, OK, because, he isn't just lounging around...he is probably taking the time to explain everything to his previous patient, and he will probably do the same with me, so that he is late for his next patient. GOOD FOR HIM! ..as he ignores those not-so-subtle knocks on the door by the clinic's staff who are more interested in revenue than in health care!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

I have been to this doctor twice and twice he was rude, condescending, extremely late, and left abruptly. The first time he tried to tell me that the condition I've lived with for 10 years was something else entirely and wouldn't listen when I told him otherwise. I vowed never to go back after the last time, 4 weeks after the birth of my son(and my appointment was NOT baby related whatsoever), when upon leaving he smiled and told me to "make sure I don't gain too much weight." Baby or no baby, it was extremely inappropriate and offensive.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

Dr. Mettle listens more than he talks. I found that each time I've gone back to visit him, it seems like he understands my physical conditions better. He doesn't rush to conclusions but he does put forth mental effort and strive to help you. He is often blunt, but hey...Doctors get lied to a lot and I think he's just trying to keep it real. People often down-play their bad habits (smoking, bad diet etc).

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011