Ratings for Dr. John Alport

John is well versed and effective. He is a good quarterback in the medical system and carries out his duties in a very efficient manner.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

I had dr John alport as my family doctor for over 15 years and I was sad when he stopped. I work in the service industry and it might be because people in general are a pain in the blank. But I would go back if he opened up a practice again. He was kind,funny,helpful, and knowledgable.

Submitted April 11, 2016

Alport left "family practice" to become an insurance company doctor. Now he goes to court to lie so the insurance company that pays him can weasel out of paying. This ignoramus should be in jail.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

I went to him for 8 years my husband and I both used him. When my husband and I were getting a divorce things said in confidence in the office got back to my ex I dropped him like a hot potato

flag | Submitted February 27, 2011

I recently saw Dr. Alport at the emerg. & he seemed great. I thought he was hillarious & watched happily as he interacted with his patients. His humour made me feel alot better. He did the necessary tests and was thourough. I liked him alot.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2010

Can't believe he passed his medical exams. He is a company doctor and we are forced to see him. My doctor gave me a week off for asthma and bronchitis. When I went to see him he pushed anti-depressants on me. When I said NO, he said I was stupid! What kind of doctor says that, besides a quack.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

I have never physically seen this man and have no desire too! He now works for Sask Govn't Insurance as a consultant and obviously gets paid to write what the insurance company wants him to. The condition that I have is not well known and he actually admitted to never treating this condition in his practise, yet he went on to make all sorts of diagnosis's that were completely off the wall. It is too bad that he and other doctors allow money to come before treating patients, it is a sad world that we are living in. Clearly this must be the case with this dr! From the sounds of what others are saying he needs to retire!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2009

Dr did not know how many r in the body, this is important because of the injury questions I asked him, he also lied about the treatment of xrays and CT SCANS....Saying neither would be helpful.....he laughed at my Injury which I found to be not very professional - stay away from him if you have injury's

flag | Submitted October 9, 2008

I saw Dr. Alport for nearly 15yrs. I was sad to lose him. Yes often one waited for appts but that's because he ALWAYS took the time to listen. I am and always have been overweight. He encouraged me to try to lose weight but also was very understanding stating many of the women in his family were also a bit heavy and that everyone had different body types. He always also took to time to dig a bit into the symptoms and NEVER rushed to write a prescription which I always appreciated. One morning when I was majorily hormonal and had worked all night I got teary....he was extraordinarily concerned, brought me info on depression even when I assured him I was just over tired and he followed up with a call about a week later to make sure I was ok. Loved him as my doctor...miss him still ..Annandale was good but since then can't find a family Dr. who I like, trust and is actually there from one annual physical to the next. BIG LOSS when he left family practise.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2007

It was a real loss to family medicine when Dr. John left. I had no problem waiting for him as I knew that he would take his time with me if needed and never rushed. Dr. John was a family doctor in every sense. He would remember your children and your spouse and would also ask you about them during your visit. This is one thing that is really missing in the family practice these days.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2007