Ratings for Dr. John Alport

I had dr John alport as my family doctor for over 15 years and I was sad when he stopped. I work in the service industry and it might be because people in general are a pain in the blank. But I would go back if he opened up a practice again. He was kind,funny,helpful, and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

I wish I could give this idiot a -100 rating. This pathetic excuse for a human being now works as a medical consultant for SGI and rather than helping the victims of car accidents, he helps line SGI's pockets as well as his own with the money WE the injured deserve. He should be in jail for embezzlement. We have never met each other, he has never physically examined me and yet he has denied every medical request I have made in association with the car accident I was in. After almost 3 years of seeing specialists and getting documentation of my on going injuries from the car accident and sending in everything 7 months ago, I got a reply back from SGI the other day. This pathetic little worm denied everything I asked for (Reimbursement for treatments, coverage for on-going treatments, reimbursement for medication, coverage for on-going medication, reimbursement for medical documents, reimbursements for compression clothing, pay-out for permanent impairment, reimbursement for eye glasses and exams, IRB back pay for the past 5 years.) He said that I received adequate treatment for my injuries (which I didn't) He said that the medical problems I've been dealing with were not caused by the accident (Which they were) He said that I was manipulating the new Doctor's I've been seeing into making up false diagnosis. He said all of the letters I wrote about the medical malpractice, neglect and inadequate representation from SGI and the initial misdiagnosis were just my opinions and nothing more. This.. all from a person who has never met me before, who has never examined me... All he basis this on is false documentation made by CBI rehab. They think that because I could carry a 15lb box for a few steps that I better lol After carrying that said box I couldn't stand. CBI said I was a difficult patient and "sat most of the time WITHOUT ANY DISCOMFORT" ... LOL That one really made me laugh considering I was in so much pain that I couldn't stand, sit or lay down... but I had to pick one and endure that pain as best as I could... What did they want? ... For me to cry like a little bitch.. Sorry I don't do that. The last documents written by CBI say that there were NO CHANGES in my hip and shoulder injuries (Meaning they were NOT healed) .. but all documents that work in MY favor are over looked.. That's no coincidence. I have medical documentation from many other Doctor's (Who actually know what they're talking about) they all agree that I was misdiagnosed and did not received adequate treatment and that the treatment I did receive made my injuries worse... All of those documents were ignored. Since the car accident ... caused by a drunk driver BTW ... I lost my: career car savings pets home friends dignity life as I knew it I gained permanent physical and mental pain, restrictions in every aspect of my life. Unable to work FT.. Can barely work PT. Can't play sports anymore, can't dance anymore. Gained depression, anxiety, insomnia and a concoction of powerful prescription medication to take the edge off so I can live somewhat normal... I became homeless and had to go on welfare because I couldn't walk, let alone work. I'm looking forward to my day in court. My advice to all who are suffering at the hands of this ding dong who thinks he's playing god... and those who will have to deal with him in the future... DO NOT GIVE UP! HAVE YOUR DAY IN COURT... I'm looking forward to my day in court. This is what Insurance companies and those who assist them do... They want to were you down so you just give up and say F it... They win if you do that... Keep at it. Be fearless and relentless in fighting for your life! and always remember that you're not alone. WE SHOULD ALL RALLY AS ONE AND SEEK THE JUSTICE WE DESERVE!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Since Dr. Alport assumes everything about a person without ever seeing me or even talking to me. I guess it is alright to do the same. I have two theories why he left private practise. I can only assume that when SGI were looking for a doctor to give untrue statements and was looking for a doctor with no intrigty they found one. He is only in it for money that he gets paid by an insurance company. He obviously doesn't care about integrity. And two his patients were finding out how many times they were misdiagnosed. I imagine he didn't have many patients left. Working for insurance companies would give him a regular income. I'm not sure how this is allowed or how to stop the injustice.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Alport left "family practice" to become an insurance company doctor. Now he goes to court to lie so the insurance company that pays him can weasel out of paying. This ignoramus should be in jail.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Over ten years ago, I reported on this website what John N. Alport, MD, did to me. At that time I began seeking a way to recover my health and my finances which were seriously damaged by Alport and Merck. Today I can report I have fully recovered my health. Pharmaceutical medicine was of no use what-so-ever. I can also say with authority that organized medicine is completely corrupt in Canada and that Canadian justice is a complete joke. Be very wary of doctors in Canada where good doctors are punished and bad doctors are protected. In Canada, all doctors share the same brand so you can't tell who to avoid and you have no recourse if you choose the wrong doctor. http://morleyevans2.com/Depraved/Depraved.html

flag | Submitted December 24, 2011

I went to him for 8 years my husband and I both used him. When my husband and I were getting a divorce things said in confidence in the office got back to my ex I dropped him like a hot potato

flag | Submitted February 27, 2011

When you're trying to find out what is wrong with you, a Doctor with a sense of humour isn't very helpful. It is very frightening when you are in great pain and have went through many tests to find out what is wrong and there are no answers. He is a Company doctor and diagnosed me without even talking or seeing me. I felt belittled by him and think it is a disgrace that he is actually getting paid a wage.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2010

I recently saw Dr. Alport at the emerg. & he seemed great. I thought he was hillarious & watched happily as he interacted with his patients. His humour made me feel alot better. He did the necessary tests and was thourough. I liked him alot.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2010

Can't believe he passed his medical exams. He is a company doctor and we are forced to see him. My doctor gave me a week off for asthma and bronchitis. When I went to see him he pushed anti-depressants on me. When I said NO, he said I was stupid! What kind of doctor says that, besides a quack.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

I have never physically seen this man and have no desire too! He now works for Sask Govn't Insurance as a consultant and obviously gets paid to write what the insurance company wants him to. The condition that I have is not well known and he actually admitted to never treating this condition in his practise, yet he went on to make all sorts of diagnosis's that were completely off the wall. It is too bad that he and other doctors allow money to come before treating patients, it is a sad world that we are living in. Clearly this must be the case with this dr! From the sounds of what others are saying he needs to retire!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2009