Ratings for Dr. Ay-Ling Wang

Dr Wang is a great doctor, knowledgeable, compassionate and takes the time to listen and respond. She is a rare gem in Waterloo. Some of the office staff are unfriendly and busy but do not have the ability to put that aside when speaking to patients.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Dr. Ay-Ling Wang is thoughtful, patient, and knowledgeable. She has appropriately referred my children when needed and intervened on multiple occasions to keep me and my children safe when we had unexpected health issues. I like her staff - they are busy but get the job done . You may wait a bit to see her, but that is because she is appropriately taking care of the person in front of you and actually taking the time to listen. This will benefit you in the end, as eventually you will need a bit of extra attention and she gives this when needed. A great doctor.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

The worst experience I have had with a doctor. She doesn't listen very well to what the patient says if she already has a preconceived idea. Does not value to listen to my problems as she easily dismisses my concerns. Her diagnostic skills are very poor.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Knowledgeable doctor. Efficient. Thorough. Friendly. Always expect a lengthy wait. Nurses are friendly and proficient, front desk staff much less so. Patients often made to feel like an inconvenience.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Dr Wang is never on time. I am always early for my appointments yet even if someone comes in late or after me they still put that patient ahead, thus pushing my appointment back even further. On average I'm in the waiting room for an hour and then go into the examination room and wait another 20 minutes. She is great Dr when you finally can get in. The Nursing staff I have always found to be unpleasent. I'v also been accused of not being sick enough to be seen by a doctor. This is not the type of healthcare team you want behind you. If you are looking for a nice Dr then Dr Wang is for you but be warned of the LONG wait times and unpleasant staff.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr Wang has been my doctor my whole life (23 years) and has never once steered me in the wrong direction. She is very knowledgeable, precise, comforting, and actually has a sense of humor! I have no need for any other specialists other than her.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Yes, it's tough to get through sometimes, and punctuality is not always the best. Very small price to pay to have the best doctor I've ever dealt with as your physician. She is friendly, easy to deal with and very knowledgeable, she'll do her best to get you specialist appointments quickly. What else could you possibly want in a doctor. Thanks, Frank Bonet

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Good doctor but tough to get through to the office. Several doctors share the same staff so they seem to be always busy and overworked. So when you try to call you will often get a busy signal. Then when you get through you will be asked to hold. Then you will hold up to ten minutes.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

I have had other family doctors in the past and Dr wang is by far the most knowledgeable, friendly, caring physician i know. It is hard at times to get through to the office on the phone. Have always been able to get in to see her if its an emergency.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2012

I adore Dr Wang. She has been my doctor for over 20 years and now is also my children's doctor. She's very knowledgable and truly cares about her patients. She doesn't talk down to you like some doctors are apt to do and will honestly tell you her opinion without any hubris. She remembers little things about her patients including family members who aren't her patients. At times you can wait a bit in a patient room until she gets to you but she always apologizes and it's never more than 20 minute wait. Her office staff always fit you in if it's an emergency. The only negative is that it is often hard to call in to the office. They have at least 3 office staff but certain mornings it may take up to 20 minutes to get a free line. Overall, a highly recommended doctor.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2011