Ratings for Dr. Shailendra Verma

This doctor has been called volatile by fellow staff in the hospital. Ive experienced first hand how he reacts when you ask "too many" questions or request clarification.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

He is very caring, compassionate, understanding and cares about his patients. He always knows you if your sitting in the waiting room. He cares about your health and alway looking out about your health in the future. He gets you tests and information promptly to put your mind at ease. He is one of the reasons I am doing so so well after Stage 3 breast cancer. He takes the time to listen to your concerns. Highly Recommend Him.

Submitted February 3, 2017

Dr. Verma took care of my mother, the service he provided to her was above and beyond

Submitted November 1, 2016

He was my first oncologist for breast cancer and he refused to listen to my concerns calling me pathologically anxious and dismissing my worries. Refused to order tests. My radiation oncologist ordered the tests for me. Turned out I had 7 tumours in my breast that he missed. I changed oncologists. If I had trusted him I would have been dead now.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Terrible experience I find Dr.Verma to be very unprofessional. I have left totally lost and sad he doesn't explain anything, he is not a comforting Doctor at all! I am changing oncologist as I write this. So disappointing he has no compassion, left in tears many times!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Dr. Verma is definitely the best. He is very caring, compassionate, understanding and cares about his patients. He always knows you if your sitting in the waiting room, he will take the time to speak on his way to appointments. He isn't just interested in how your cancer is doing but all health issues. He really cares about his patients. It was really my day when I was recommended to this Dr. and can thank him for all he has done and where I'm at now. He is the best....

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

From the moment he enters the room you can tell that this guy really cares about his patients. He asks you how you are and he really listens to you answer. He emits wonderful energy and went the extra mile even when it wasn't in his job description. I would highly highly recommend this doctor. You will feel comfortable and really confident in his abilities and level of interest in your specific experience. 10/10 for sure.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Dr Verma has been my Oncologist since July in 2013. I have had a left side Mastectomy and my cancer was Stage 3. A family friend highly recommended Dr Verma and I asked if I could possibly have him as my Oncologist. That was the best decision I ever made. Dr Verma (in my opinion) is the best and most caring, very knowledgeble doctor one could have. He has brought me through a very tough year of Chemo and later Radiation and I am doing quite well now. I am now on Hormon Therapy and he is still trying to get me on the medication which is right and best for me,he does not give up until he feels he has done all that is best for his patient. He has a radiant smile which lights up the room when he walks in and that alone makes one feel better even when you feel low. Thank you to Dr S. Verma, Tawney and now Stephanie. God Bless all of you. A.B.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Dr Verma has been my oncologist for more than five years. I have always appreciated his straight-forward, kind, caring and human approach. I never felt like a patient but someone he took a personal interest in working together with me to beat this thing. I am now going through treatment again for a second breast cancer (bilateral). I have the utmost confidence in Dr Verma and know I am in the best possible hands - I would not trust my health and outcome to anyone else. If you are not seeing Dr Verma, you should be. I credit him with not only getting me through the first time, but know he will be equally vigilent about my case this time around. He goes above and beyond I have never experienced such kindness and such dedication from any physician from whom I have received care. He is one in a million and I think God every day that I was directed his way. Thank you Dr Verma!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

Very humane approach to his patient. Explains treatment options. Is willing to listen to patient.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013