Ratings for Dr. Jane Clelland

Like a rose trampled on the ground, you took the fall, and thought of each of your patients as individuals. Thank-you Dr Clelland for your compassion and care, my pain is now much better.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Dr. Clelland is the most compassionate of people. I came from Ontario a little over three years ago with no family or friends. It was a difficult start for me but she really was a stable lifeline for me and as I am a chronic pain patient she made me feel secure and assisted me with my anxiety of coming to a new home and life and Doctor Clelland has greatly assisted me with my pain control. Doctor Clelland goes more than the extra mile to help in the most difficult circumstances and you just know when you meet her that she is kind and caring and she puts you at ease when your in need and this is so important as one that suffers from chronic pain. Dr. Clelland also refers patients as I to other health care specialists that work in conjunction with her and this has been most important to me. I was told when I first arrived on Vancouver Island that it is nearly impossible to find a physician and I was so fortunate in finding her to care for me. Doctor Clelland is a very kind and compassionate and caring professional and she has given me a measure of peace that I need during trying times. You would as I have been very fortunate to find such a wonderful person. W.B.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

The most compassionate doctor I've ever seen. Does not give up trying to help. Regardless of your situation.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Dr Clelland is a wonderful caring physician. She specializes with addiction and chronic pain and takes the time to understand the holistic needs of the individual. The wait I have sometimes in the office is understandable as there have been times she went the extra mile to provide multilevel care for myself. Dr Clelland is direct and honest, caring and One of the best Dr's I have had the honour of working with.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

I met Jane for the first time late 2014 into 2015..I see her for my opiate addiction..The first time i met her i was a little nervous ..shes very straight up and has no problem telling you your opinion is plain wrong . That being said...she is the most caring doctor i have ever met..and basically has saved my life..She has lots of current knowledge about treatment plans and up to date information about better, safer ways to take medications..I love seeing her - she is a huge support for me. And really one of the most important aspects in recovery for me anyway is feeling that there are still people who care. Keep doing what your doing, Jane. LOVE YA!!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Dr Clelland treated our daughter for the past few months. Our daughter was very happy with her treatment by Dr Clelland. Our daughter has since passed away, and we as her parents were very happy to hear from Dr Clelland to express her condolences and arrange to come to our house for close to 2 hours to help us understand the matter of addiction better and how she was trying so hard to help our daughter. We cannot but help but think there is a good chance our daughter would be alive if she followed Dr Clelland's advice. She dealt with us in a most kind manner, and she comes highly recomended by us.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Dr. Clellend and her staff in the CR clinic are excellent. Jane is very educated in many fields she cares about her patients and is thourough. Very committed to patients well being-mind and body. Being an addictions specialist with many other qualifications she has saved many lives. Cr staff Judy and Debbie are just as wonderful-kind, knowledgable and helpful best bedside manner I've witnessed.....at times I wonder how Judy seems to know me better than I know myself:-)

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

I completely agree with the Dr. Clelland 3 reviews below from July 2012 to current. She now practices in Qualicum Beach. I have not even seen her the last 3 visits and now hope I don't ever have to see her again! I prefer the other partners in practice but experience long wait times even tho I show up early - at least the other fellow apologizes for the wait! Staff are nice but I wonder if they're frustrated with her too? I am not an addict and only needed a blood pressure prescription renewed on my first visit - she gave her long resume but asked nothing about me.... and I left without the script - it took 2 more appointments and me being demanding to get it! Each time I've seen her she has seemed scattered and angry - like I'm bothering her.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

very annoyed with this dr.. I was so hapy to find a female dr. when I first moved here. Now she cuts her hours back even more then before so now its impossible to see her. I don't like going to her partners because they are male. The whole reason why I went to her was to feel comfortable going to the dr...

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr. Clelland was absolutely unprofessional, rude and insulting. Prescribing methadone and then refusing to fill out scripts making her patients sick because of the forced methadone detox. Dr. Clelland wants to control everything about her patients lives. Very cold if you disagree with her and extremely controlling and manipulative. She has an extremely bad rep up in the North Island area. Worst doctor I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. She was constantly running late and set up appointments without even telling me.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013