Ratings for Dr. Stanley Shortt

He is too busy to say hello. Waiting jammed full of patients, wait for lengthy times before any drops applied. Feels like a money making assembly line. Likely depends if you are an elderly macular degeneration patient or a surgical one. No excuse for his terrible manner. Changed doctors and am happy.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2018

He's busy for a reason. He takes the time to explain the situation to you, the patient, in a manner that gets the point across. If this takes a little longer, you're all the better for it.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

Long waits; too many patients; no time to address concerns as always rushed

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

I saw Dr. Shortt for emergency surgery due to a torn retina. Not only did he make time to see me, he did so with utmost care and compassion. His professionalism was exemplified in the manner that he took explaining the situation to me (and believe me, I asked many questions!) and the positive results that I had after the laser surgery. During the entire experience I felt connected and confident that everyone was doing all they could to make the best out of an otherwise frightening situation!

Submitted February 5, 2018

A great experience, very caring knowledgeable staff and a Doctor who explains everything you need to know, nothing was left unanswered. RBP

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

very kind, compassionate. have utmost faith in his care

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

He has been my ophthalmologist for 10+ years and has always been great. He was very kind when he broke the news that I was going to need glasses. The ladies that work there are also great and always listen when I tell them about my sensitivity to the dilation drops.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

My retina surgery was performed by Dr Shortt many years ago and I will never forget his cruel , uncaring and terrible patient care and compassion .

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Dr. Shortt is a kind, gentle and thorough healer. He is "old school" in the sense that he takes the time to listen and observe his patients, regardless of the obvious demand for his time. He never makes me feel foolish for asking questions. I very grateful for his optimism and comfort when I am feeling down about the impact of my condition. Thank you Dr. Shortt

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I've been Dr. Shortt's patient for 15 years. I have a condition that causes blindness but thanks to Dr. Shortt I can still see. He's professional, knowledgeable and an all-round nice guy. When I need him I get an appointment within a few days. Thank you Dr. Shortt.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015