Ratings for Dr. Stanley Shortt

A great experience, very caring knowledgeable staff and a Doctor who explains everything you need to know, nothing was left unanswered. RBP

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

very kind, compassionate. have utmost faith in his care

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

He has been my ophthalmologist for 10+ years and has always been great. He was very kind when he broke the news that I was going to need glasses. The ladies that work there are also great and always listen when I tell them about my sensitivity to the dilation drops.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

My retina surgery was performed by Dr Shortt many years ago and I will never forget his cruel , uncaring and terrible patient care and compassion .

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Dr. Shortt is a kind, gentle and thorough healer. He is "old school" in the sense that he takes the time to listen and observe his patients, regardless of the obvious demand for his time. He never makes me feel foolish for asking questions. I very grateful for his optimism and comfort when I am feeling down about the impact of my condition. Thank you Dr. Shortt

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I've been Dr. Shortt's patient for 15 years. I have a condition that causes blindness but thanks to Dr. Shortt I can still see. He's professional, knowledgeable and an all-round nice guy. When I need him I get an appointment within a few days. Thank you Dr. Shortt.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Huge and very busy office which is shared by another Dr's clients so be prepared to sardined. If you are jammed for time, make sure you call to check if the Dr is running late or on time. My appt was marked for 3:20 but was seen finally at 5:20. I was getting concerned watching staff leave for the day. Good bedside manner and very informative.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Very busy office . try and get a morning appointment than an afternoon one. If you ask him questions he will answer them.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

We love our doctor!! He treats both of our children who are losing their vision due to Retinitis Pigmentosa. He originally diagnosed and began seeing our children when we lived in Victoria. We now live "up-island" and travel 3 hours to continue to have him see the children. He is an expert in his field and very caring and gentle with our kids(something all parents want!!)Wait times are usually long, but we feel the wait is worth it!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

it was like medicine in a bowling alley. long hall full of elderly people. nurse did not introduce herself. did not wash her hands. touched my eye with the dropper of a communal eye drop bottle. applied drops to cornea not periorbital sac. (less pain for patient dear). poorly trained. doctor breezed in. shook my hand. chatted politely. tried to touch my eye. asked him to please wash his hands before touching my eye. defensive but compliant. receptionist rude and inconsiderate. will not go back. apparently, he puts thru 50 patients an hour. saw dr short at 515 pm. appt was for 345. unable to assess his knowledge. he didnt add anything to the equation of a retina that had already been well lasered by a retinologist in another country. oh. he did allow that i shouldnt let myself get jerked around because i had a couple of potential bleeders in there. see a bit of irony there.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014