Ratings for Dr. Dorothy Janzen

Wonder why she is still taking new patients. Read below all the comment before you get there.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

What an absolute joke... She was my family physician and she has just turned me away as her patient because I've only come to see her twice within the last two years. Now that I have gotten into a car accident, she's worried that it's not profitable enough for her to have me as her patient. I'm a badminton coach, I don't make a ton of money and having lessons booked at the last minute is common; therefore, it's difficult for me to schedule a doctors appointment knowing that I might have to refuse work. I have just wasted a good portion of my day to have her insult me and let me down as a medical professional by telling me that she's not making enough money by having me as her patient; meanwhile, I have had next to no sleep, constant headaches and severe nausea. ​ I'm pretty sure that she only does acupuncture because it's an extra source of income for her, and yet she had no faith in it after she had recommended I try it and had already treated me.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Great doctor Good with my whole family I really don't understand some of the negative commrnts below

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I had a series of horrible experiences with her and her bedside manner as a teenage girl. Instead of recognizing a nickel allergy she told me I was fat and that if I lost some weight the rash on my stomach would go away. Additionally, she tried to refuse to give me the Gardasil vaccine as I was already sexually active when it came out despite the fact that it is still effective and it was paid for out of pocket by my parents. WHATEVER YOU DO FIND A DIFFERENT DOCTOR, especially if you have teenage daughters, it has taken me a number of years to come to terms with the mistreatment and verbal abuse I suffered with her.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

she got me through some rough times. I owe her my life. Dorothy did everything possible to help me.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

Didn't catch my mom's cancer when it was very obvious that something was wrong (visibly wrong)... a good doctor would have recognized it right away but because Dr. Janzen said it was nothing, it spread and became so much worse. Luckily an amazing surgical team was able to remove the cancer but the surgeries could have been reduced and the lasting images in her head wouldn't be so bad. Would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I do not understand all the negative commentaries I just read. Mrs Janzen is an excellent family doctor!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

I wish I read these reviews before going to see Dr. Janzen. It is hard to find a Dr who is taking new patients and I thought I found a great one. She listened well for my first apt which I had to pay for. The 3 appts after that can be summed up by quoting others who have experienced her.... '..rude, dismissive (in her view there was nothing a specialist could tell me that she can't, even though she has "never come across my ailment in all her years of practice" - her own words!) horrible tact, belittling comments. Basically it is true.. she could care less. You are in and out without any useful info. I would definitely go to any clinic before taking her own as my GP. Don't waste your time with Dr. Janzen. She's the epitome of a lazy doctor. I wouldn't even give her one star, but have to just to get this warning posted.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Totally unprofessional and no kindness in her at all. She should change professions as she is horrible at being a doctor!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Dr. Janzen is just terrible and does not seem qualified to be a doctor. I don't normally make accounts on websites and rate things but she really pushed me to do this as other people need to know to stay away and find a new doctor. I used to go to her when Dr. Squire was out of the office (they used to share an office) and I always regretted going there. One time she even told me I was overreacting and worse than a child when I had a hard time keeping my eye open for her to touch it when I got hit in the eye with something. I have very sensitive eyes, I wasn't trying to be difficult on purpose. She has humiliated my sister as well and most recently, she missed some very obvious skin cancer on someone who is very close to me. She ended up having to have a very invasive surgery as a result of having left it for many years despite being under the regular care of dr. janzen's. She is now seeing another doctor. I urge you to not trust this doctor, she is very careless and insensitive.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014