Ratings for Dr. Robbie F. Dudley

Dr. Dudley is very nice, and I love that she talks directly to the children. I do find that many times when we have an appointment, we can be in the waiting room for an hour before we're called back and then another 45 minutes before we see the doctor. Dr. Dudley seems to have tremendous book smarts. But after several appointments asking for some kind of direction on our concerns that our daughter had autism, Dr. Dudley insisted that she didn't think our daughter had it. She has since been diagnosed with autism by two individual sources, one of them being the School Board of Education (I don't imagine they are overly-eager to diagnose this way). Previous to these diagnoses, we put our daughter on the GFCF diet for autism and to our immense surprise we saw improvements immediately. Upon calling to ask for direction on this diet, I was told by her nurse that "Whatever you're reading on the internet is all we know." How immensely unprofessional and uncaring. I'm switching doctors.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

Dr. Dudley has a good bedside manner & is generally good w/kids. But as time has gone by & the practice has grown (they've moved, doctors come & go, I think there are 5 now?), she doesn't really seem on top of things. She has made a mistake w/both my child and a friend's child that could have been potentially dangerous. I find myself chasing her out the door sometimes to ask her a question. She'll leave the room and I don't know if she's coming back. So, are you coming back in a minute with the lab results? Are you just getting a sample RX? When/if I should follow up? The office has just started a vague policy to charge for phone "consultations", too, whatever that means. I'm considering switching, but believe it or not, but switching is like adoption-docs only want infants.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2008

Dr. Robbie F. Dudley's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1986)

Delta Dental