Ratings for Dr. Barry Lycka

I was thinking about having a consult for liposuction and also discuss fillers for my face. I saw Dr. Lycka with Andrew Shaw on television. I was impressed with what he was saying so I called and made a consult. I decided to go forth with the procedures and I was not disappointed. Dr. Lycka and his staff were super. The procedures were painless and my results were amazing. I would recommend Dr. Lycka and his staff to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

I have been a patient with Dr. Lycka over the years and wanted to let people know that he has the biggest heart. He helped me on more than one occasion in financing products that would help my skin condition when I was on AISH. Thank you Dr. Lycka for your kindness in a time that things were not easy for me.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

I have had a problem with hairloss for 2 years. It was so severe that I was forced to wear a wig. My doctor referred me to Dr. Lycka and I could not be happier now. Dr. Lycka prescribed medication that helped to clear up my scalp condition and promote hair growth. Within 6 months my hair was back to normal, the condition on my scalp was clear and I had my confidence back. I would recommend anyone that has hair loss to go see Dr. Lycka.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

I heard about Dr. Lycka through media. I was wanting to improve on stubborn fat that I had on my abdomen. Dr. Lycka explained the procedure in full and answered any questions I had. On the day of surgery his staff made me very comfortable. When the results were less than perfect, he went back and tweaked the still troublesome areas. He was very patient and very much a perfectionist. I am very pleased with the end result and recommend him to everyone I know.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

I have seen Dr Barry Lycka for years and he continues to impress me. He does my botox and makes me look years younger.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

I have seen several cosmetic doctors. Dr Lycka is tbe most caring and the best

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

I got referred to Dr. Lycka for a skin cancer that I had on my cheek. He told me that Mohs surgery was needed for this. He and his staff were very impatient in answering any questions that I had. During the whole process his staff was very friendly and put me at ease. My experience in his office over all was good.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

My family and I went on vacation and we all acquired scabies at the resort where we were staying. We went to my family doctor with this horrible rash that was beyond itchy. We tried several treatments and nothing seemed to help. We were then referred to Dr. Lycka and he was very patient and caring. He gave us our quality of life back with treatment based on his knowledge and experience. Thank you Dr. Lycka again for all of your help.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

I came to the clinic searching for treatment for scarring from a chemical tattoo removal burn that is on my face and very visible. Until I found Dr. Lycka I was very distressed and depressed. From the first time I met Dr. Lycka I was very impressed. He and Tina, his assistant, have been very professional, knowledgeable, and they care a lot about their patients. He ensures satisfaction by focusing on achieving positive results. Tina has been great in helping me relax prior to my laser sessions and has answered thoroughly any questions I have had. They have taken their time and have used a variety of lasers to get the desired results. My scar has improved a lot and I feel very lucky to have found this clinic with impressive staff and the latest technology. I highly recommend Dr. Lycka and his staff to anyone who is looking for a positive experience in skin health.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

My daughter is a nurse and she told me about Dr. Lycka because I was interested in having some cosmetic work done. I have had dermal fillers and body sculpting and I am loving my results. These procedures have taken “years off” of me. Dr. Lycka is a very good doctor and he has an excellent staff. I really love the care and attention that I receive when I go to his office.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

Dr. Barry Lycka's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Barry Lycka, Edmonton-based cosmetic dermatologist, is one of North America's foremost authorities on cosmetic surgery, skin cancer surgery, reconstructive surgery and laser surgery of the skinRecognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Alberta as a specialist in Dermatology. He is asked frequently to share his knowledge of cosmetic surgery at international symposia such as the American Society of Nonsurgical Aesthetics, American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology And Aesthetic Surgery (ASCDAS). For the latter of which he served as vice president in 2004-2006 Dr Barry Lycka is also founder of the Canadian Skin Cancer Foundation and is a founding member of Doctors For The Practice of Safe and Ethical Cosmetic Surgery. He is also author of the best selling book - Restoring Youth and numerous other titles. As an acknowledged leader in North America, Dr Barry Lycka is well-known as a specialist in the cosmetic surgery procedure of liposuction. He was one of the first to use the tumescent and eXtrinsic tumescent ultrasonic (XTUL) techniques. He is now one of the first to adapt powered instruments in his treatment. He frequently has patients come to him from out of the country, including patients from the mid and far East, the United States and Europe He founded The Canadian Skin Cancer Foundation And Your CosmeticDoctor.tv -now over 100 shows) is host of Inside Cosmetic Surgery Today Dr. Lycka also takes the time to teach the next generation of cosmetic surgeons. He frequently has other cosmetic surgeons visit his office, and has had cosmetic surgeons from as far away as Australia Dr Barry Lycka is also a member of the esteemed American Society of Surgical Professors (the teachers of the teachers) and is one of a few Canadians to join this erudite group On November 8, 2014 he was named philanthropist of the year!!!!!

• English

• University of Minnesota (Grad. 1989)
  • University of Alberta (Grad. 1983)
  • University of Calgary (Grad. 1978)

• Botox injections