Ratings for Dr. Barry Lycka

My family doctor referred me to Dr. Lycka and I have seen him numerous times over the years. He has seen me for mole and cyst removals and skin cancer prevention. On this visit I had Jennifer helping me and she was excellent to interact with.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I found Dr. Lycka through his website after googling some skin issues and procedures that I was interested in learning more about. Dr. Lycka was able to solve the issue with a spider bite on my leg that would not heal. I decided to have laser liposuction with him and when I had an area I was not completely happy with, he was open to redoing the area at no additional cost. Post the touch up I was very pleased and would highly recommend Dr. Lycka for any skin problems or cosmetic needs.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I have seen Dr. Lycka many times over the years and he and his staff have always treated me well and taken good care of me. I love what he does for me

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I went to see Dr. Lycka and had surgery on the top of my head about 9 months ago. The surgery went well and afterwards when I was told that all the cancer was gone I was very relieved. Everything from start to finish went well.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

My mother’s family doctor referred her to Dr. Lycka for skin cancer surgery. He has since done skin cancer screenings on her ever so often. I am so thankful for his care and he is the only one I trust with my mother’s care.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

My doctor referred me for a specialist to have my skin cancer removed. I am very pleased with my experience at Dr. Lycka’s clinic. I want to thank Dr. Lycka and his entire staff for the excellent care I received.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I went to Dr. Lycka for severe eczema. He continued to work with me until my feet were clear. It was so nice to hear that my feet were healed and the skin was intact after years of suffering.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr. Lycka has removed a couple of skin cancers and in both cases the sites healed well with no problems. I think he is an amazing doctor. i trust him with my life.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

I have seen Dr. Lycka several times for skin rashes. I have been pleased with every visit. Everyone is so friendly and professional. Dr. Lycka was easy to talk to and the office was a very neat and clean environment.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

A friend recommended that I go see Dr. Lycka for stubborn warts on my foot. The staff at his office are great and made the experience a good one. Dr. Lycka is very knowledgeable on new treatments and spends time with his patients.

Dr. Barry Lycka's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Barry Lycka, Edmonton-based cosmetic dermatologist, is one of North America's foremost authorities on cosmetic surgery, skin cancer surgery, reconstructive surgery and laser surgery of the skinRecognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Alberta as a specialist in Dermatology. He is asked frequently to share his knowledge of cosmetic surgery at international symposia such as the American Society of Nonsurgical Aesthetics, American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology And Aesthetic Surgery (ASCDAS). For the latter of which he served as vice president in 2004-2006 Dr Barry Lycka is also founder of the Canadian Skin Cancer Foundation and is a founding member of Doctors For The Practice of Safe and Ethical Cosmetic Surgery. He is also author of the best selling book - Restoring Youth and numerous other titles. As an acknowledged leader in North America, Dr Barry Lycka is well-known as a specialist in the cosmetic surgery procedure of liposuction. He was one of the first to use the tumescent and eXtrinsic tumescent ultrasonic (XTUL) techniques. He is now one of the first to adapt powered instruments in his treatment. He frequently has patients come to him from out of the country, including patients from the mid and far East, the United States and Europe He founded The Canadian Skin Cancer Foundation And Your CosmeticDoctor.tv -now over 100 shows) is host of Inside Cosmetic Surgery Today Dr. Lycka also takes the time to teach the next generation of cosmetic surgeons. He frequently has other cosmetic surgeons visit his office, and has had cosmetic surgeons from as far away as Australia Dr Barry Lycka is also a member of the esteemed American Society of Surgical Professors (the teachers of the teachers) and is one of a few Canadians to join this erudite group On November 8, 2014 he was named philanthropist of the year!!!!!

• English

• University of Minnesota (Grad. 1989)
  • University of Alberta (Grad. 1983)
  • University of Calgary (Grad. 1978)

• Botox injections