Ratings for Dr. Barry Lycka

Everytime I come in to see Dr Lycka, he treats me with respect and helps me with my problems.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I am a person with olive colored skin and melasma. Dr. Lycka started me on a treatment that makes my skin beautiful

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

I, unfortunately, got a skin cancer on my nose. Dr. Lycka expertly removed it.. But he also made my scar vanish from me. Thank you Dr. Lycka

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Dr. Lycka treated the awful scarring I had from acne. I look and feel sooo much better

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

My late husband used to see Dr. Lycka for skin cancer. I have recently started to see him too. I have so much respect for him.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

When choosing a doctor, I look for someone with exprience and for someone who cares. Thats why I chose Dr Lycka I am very glad I did.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I saw Dr. Lycka years ago because of severe acne. He cured me. Now I see him for Botox and Fillers. I would not see anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Often doesn't listen or wants to listen to his patient after short initial warm greeting. Probably much to busy seeing the many patients and the obvious benefits that that brings him.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

Dr. Barry Lycka

Dr. Barry Lycka's response
Thank you for your comment. If yu were truly a patient - you would have been greeted in our reception area by our amazing staff. An assistant would have brought you to a room. A thorough history would have been taken, When I have then addressed your problems. Often, we have to limit these to the most important ones. Why? Well, sometimes treating one problem makes another worse. You point out we are busy. Yes, we are. Good doctors are busy. Yu can easily see someone not busy, but the you better wonder why.

Submitted May 16, 2017

I can't believe how good I look at the age of 40. It's all due to Dr. Lycka.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I went to see Dr. Lycka for my dreaded wrinkles. With fillers, he was able to erase the lines. Love the attitude - caring- courteous. Allows me to feel secure. He's very knowledgable and kind.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Dr. Barry Lycka's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Barry Lycka, Edmonton-based cosmetic dermatologist, is one of North America's foremost authorities on cosmetic surgery, skin cancer surgery, reconstructive surgery and laser surgery of the skinRecognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Alberta as a specialist in Dermatology. He is asked frequently to share his knowledge of cosmetic surgery at international symposia such as the American Society of Nonsurgical Aesthetics, American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology And Aesthetic Surgery (ASCDAS). For the latter of which he served as vice president in 2004-2006 Dr Barry Lycka is also founder of the Canadian Skin Cancer Foundation and is a founding member of Doctors For The Practice of Safe and Ethical Cosmetic Surgery. He is also author of the best selling book - Restoring Youth and numerous other titles. As an acknowledged leader in North America, Dr Barry Lycka is well-known as a specialist in the cosmetic surgery procedure of liposuction. He was one of the first to use the tumescent and eXtrinsic tumescent ultrasonic (XTUL) techniques. He is now one of the first to adapt powered instruments in his treatment. He frequently has patients come to him from out of the country, including patients from the mid and far East, the United States and Europe He founded The Canadian Skin Cancer Foundation And Your CosmeticDoctor.tv -now over 100 shows) is host of Inside Cosmetic Surgery Today Dr. Lycka also takes the time to teach the next generation of cosmetic surgeons. He frequently has other cosmetic surgeons visit his office, and has had cosmetic surgeons from as far away as Australia Dr Barry Lycka is also a member of the esteemed American Society of Surgical Professors (the teachers of the teachers) and is one of a few Canadians to join this erudite group On November 8, 2014 he was named philanthropist of the year!!!!!

• English

• University of Minnesota (Grad. 1989)
  • University of Alberta (Grad. 1983)
  • University of Calgary (Grad. 1978)

• Botox injections