You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Barry Lycka

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Reviews indicate that he may be good for cancerous moles, but my experience has been that he may be past his prime when it comes to liposuction surgeries. I did not get what I paid for and I wasted a lot of money, would never return again to see this man.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I appreciate the information, especially in writing, that I get from the nurses. I can then carry out the instructions at home accurately with cleaning, bandaging and creaming.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

I had a referral from my doctor to see dr Lycka and read the reviews before I went in. I was nervous but decided to listen to my doctor and go in anyways. I ended up having a bit of a wait and there were people that were waiting when I got there. I found the reception staff to be very welcoming and friendly and was greeted the minute I walked in the door. I feel I'm pretty patient but wow some of the other patients were so rude and outright mean to the reception ladies. Cmon people we are in a specialists office. Those girls sure deserve a reward for what was goi g on that day. I waited about three quarters of an hour and was taken back by one of the nurses and only waited in the room for about five minutes to see dr Lycka who I personally thought was very professional. I ended up having a biopsy for a suspicious spot that thankfully was not cancer but needs to be watched. The staff and dr Lycka were very pleasant and proficient and I would not hesitate to go back. I think people or at least the ones complaining are impatient and need to relax!!!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I appreciate the ability to access Barry in a timely fashion – with complete information provided on each visit. Creative and current information as options always provided and discussed.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Do Not Fall For His Lies. Do not pay for a consultation to only be promised lies upon lies. The front reception sure knows how to lure people in, and steal their money. Will not give a refund.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

Laser lipo 1.5 years ago worst experience ever. I'm bigger than I ever was and one side Lobsided. I argued how they took their before and after pictures. It was a joke. Every time I look at myself I am so disgusted I fell for this huge lie. I expressed my concerns every appt. he wouldn't do anything about it. Very unprofessional and cost me a fortune. I had saved for long time and was a farce.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

Unfortunately I have had skin cancer and have had to visit Dr. Lycka more than I would like but every experience has been great. The reception is excellent and the nurses, P.A. and doctor are very joyful, caring and empathetic. Thank you all for everything.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

I have been multiple times to see Dr. Lycka and his staff for surgery and they have all made me very happy. I can’t “place my finger” on one specific experience because all have been good. The staff and doctor are professional and friendly and I am very pleased with the results I have gotten.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Dr. Barry Lycka's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "DO NOT see this guy for liposuction! My experience was a disaster! Now I have a lopsided stomach!!"

February 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am extremely happy with my Botox results. My nurse went above and beyond especially with a follow up call. Thank you to the staff and Dr Lycka."

January 26, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Reviews indicate that he may be good for cancerous moles, but my experience has been that he may be past his prime when it comes to liposuction surgeries. I did..."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I appreciate the information, especially in writing, that I get from the nurses. I can then carry out the instructions at home accurately with cleaning, bandagi..."

January 18, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I had a referral from my doctor to see dr Lycka and read the reviews before I went in. I was nervous but decided to listen to my doctor and go in anyways. I en..."

January 7, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I appreciate the ability to access Barry in a timely fashion – with complete information provided on each visit. Creative and current information as options alw..."

January 6, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Do Not Fall For His Lies. Do not pay for a consultation to only be promised lies upon lies. The front reception sure knows how to lure people in, and steal th..."

January 3, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Laser lipo 1.5 years ago worst experience ever. I'm bigger than I ever was and one side Lobsided. I argued how they took their before and after pictures. It was..."

December 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Unfortunately I have had skin cancer and have had to visit Dr. Lycka more than I would like but every experience has been great. The reception is excellent and..."

December 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been multiple times to see Dr. Lycka and his staff for surgery and they have all made me very happy. I can’t “place my finger” on one specific experience..."

December 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr Lycka and his staff has been very positive. My co-workers cannot even notice that I had skin cancer removed. Great service."

December 7, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "The blonde receptionist was rude and was talking about patients as they sat down. Rude to have your front staff do that. I will be asking for a refund."

December 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had kind and helpful care with core professionals. Coming into an office that creates a calm and kind experience has made every visit a positive one."

November 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great, friendly and prompt service when I saw Dr. Lycka for skin issues. I wish my family doctor was this timely when seeing patients. I would recommend this cl..."

November 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "As promised, I had a follow up call after my Mohs micrographic surgery to see if I had any problems – and the call was on a Saturday. I had no concerns but the ..."

November 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I've just seen this doctor for a consultation and he seems to have a paralyzed right hand. If you've had a botched surgery with this guy, it would not surprise ..."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to Dr. Lycka’s office for Laser Hair Removal. His office is so efficient that I can get my treatments done on my lunch hour. Tina, the esthe..."

October 19, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Exceptionally rude to staff, loud and intimidating, a true bully, appears to be suffering from an inferiority complex and takes it out on staff and patient alik..."

October 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Lycka for some broken vessels on my face. We tried the laser several times but it did not work as well as I had hoped. Dr. Lycka was patient wit..."

October 11, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Well I'm one of many disappointed patients. I wish I had come across this site prior to having Laser Liposuction by Dr Lycka. I paid nearly $8000 for his servic..."

October 9, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I had smart lipo on my abdomen area and hips this summer.. I feel need to share my story and disappointment in this procedure to whoever may be considering spe..."

October 8, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been to several dermatologists around Western Canada. I was unhappy with my experience visiting this particular office. He did not seem to show much ca..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I don’t live in the city but my family doctor referred me to Dr. Lycka to have a mole looked at. I was impressed with my visit starting with reception. Dr. Lyc..."

October 1, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I have witnessed Dr Lycka's bullying nature in which he publicly and aggressively intimidates and humiliates his staff when speaking to them. I have decided ..."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have visited Dr. Lycka’s office many times over the years. I lost my hair last year from an autoimmune disease and needed inter-lesional shots injected into ..."

September 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I came in and had a consult with Dr. Lycka for rejuvenation of the skin on my face. He recommended microneedling procedures. I did one a month for four months..."

September 10, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I strongly believe most of the positive reviews on this site for Dr Lycka are false and submitted by staff.. he did liposuction on my outer thighs and left my l..."

September 8, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. " I would not recommend this Dr to anyone,he is short with his words and rushes through when we were introduced.Second meeting same thing.the guy has no time f..."

September 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Lycka to talk to him about laser liposuction. He took the time to talk to me about the procedure and alternatives and to answer any questions I ha..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My family doctor gave me a referral to Dr. Lycka for some spots that were of concern. After biopsy it was determined that I had Basal Cell Carcinoma. He is ver..."

August 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have pretty severe acne scarring. I wasn’t really sure what, if anything, could be done for it. I went to Dr. Lycka and he recommended CO2 laser and micro nee..."

August 26, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "A waste of money and time. Dr. gives you very little time, comes across as dismissive, arrogant, and insincere. I was not happy with the lipo results - was l..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Every time I come in for an appointment, the staff members are very attentive. However, every time I am able to discuss concerns with Dr Lycka, I feel very secu..."

August 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am very happy with the service at Dr Lycka’s clinic. He prescribed a cream for my acne and it cleared up quickly. Any trouble spots are dealt with quickly whe..."

August 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The staff and Dr Lycka have always been very pleasant and helpful. The waiting room is very comfortable and I never have to wait long. Dr Lycka is very easy to ..."

August 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The appointments at Dr Lycka’s office go by very smoothly and efficiently. Dr Lycka also takes the time to go through side effects and what to expect with the p..."

July 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Lycka has dealt with the issue at hand. I had cystic acne and had tried many treatments over the years. His immediate suggestion worked. I find other doctors..."

July 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Lycka is very personable and knowledgeable and I feel comfortable being treated him. His staff are all simply superb - very professional, friendly and welcom..."

July 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had lipo on my stomach and neck, coolsculpting and fillers. All the procedures have made me very happy. My compliments to all of Dr Lycka's staff who ar..."

July 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was suffering from a horrible rash that returned every summer. No one could diagnose correctly or resolve. Dr. Lycka made the correct diagnosis and prescribed..."

July 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I noticed an improvement on my skin within three weeks of using the cream that Dr Lycka prescribed for me. It made a significant difference on my face and body."

June 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The coolsculpting on my arms, legs and muffin top has been very successful. I am definitely able to see a difference. The staff at Dr Lycka’s office is very nic..."

June 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lycka gives hope. I’ve sought treatment over the past two years for severe scarring on my chest due to a bad laser treatment from another doctor. My specifi..."

June 4, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.barrylyckamd.com" to "http://www.barrylyckamd.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T5J 3S9". Address has been updated from "None" to "10665 JASPER Ave". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804251212".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "All the staff is kind and efficient in their roles. They provide expert explanation of the procedures prior to the work being done. Words cannot express my grat..."

May 25, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Front staff are rude, i think a doctor who is supposed to be respected could change their attitudes and they could smile. As I waited for my appointment, a big ..."

May 19, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "The first time I went to Dr. Lyka was in 1997 for laser resurfacing. It was the worst experience of my life. Painful and didn't really heal very well. My ski..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I went in to have a growth removed on my upper arm. Front staff efficient but not at all friendly. Nurses in the room were lovely. However when Dr. Lycra cam..."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Worst experience ever was there do day, and the front desk staff are incredibly rude, told me just to sit, they knew my name, the dr. Would see me soon, while ..."

April 21, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "The staff couldn't spell or pronounce my name. I was asked if the female nurse could attend I said no because this was to be a consult only. I was there to ge..."

April 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lycka is truly one of the best. I’ve had numerous non-invasive procedures and have been using Dr. Lycka’s skin products since my mid 30’s. I am now 44 with ..."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When having the moles removed from my face, Dr Lycka talked to me throughout the procedure explaining to me what was being done and putting me at ease. The staf..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Very terrible Doctor ! Likes to ask a few questions, to get to know you, what you need, then plays in it. He is in it all for he money. His front receptionist..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Terrible behavior by Lycka...he was incredibly rude and condescending. He yelled and shouted at me when I asked him some simple questions. I will never go back ..."

March 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had laser hair removal and my technician was the ultimate professional. I felt very comfortable. The room was clean and everything was explained thoroughly. T..."

March 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After being diagnosed, I got in very quickly to have a basal cell removal. The staff were very professional, well informed and instructed. That has proven very ..."

March 4, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I have had my up's and down's with Dr. Lycka. His staff is always amazing but as for Dr. Lycka.... that is another story. He slips into the room for literally 1..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Terrible experience. Waited so long for answers to my frequently recurring issue and this doctor spent about 23 seconds in the room, diagnosed me with something..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a painless needle in the nose and the comfort of being in professional care. Dr. Lycka did a good job with a full explanation of the procedure and no wait..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Very abrupt. Quickest consult I have ever had. Didn't properly introduce himself and rushed through my 2 concerns. Offered my an expensive cream for my eczema t..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had severe acne for several years. When antibiotics weren’t helping I saw Dr. Lycka as a referral from my family doctor. Within weeks I saw an improvement in ..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My overall experience was alright. I'd like to come in future to see Dr. Lycka about getting rid of my facial deep lines around my mouth. In the past it was n..."

January 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Recently had smart lipo done on my chin and neck. Though the procedure itself was quite overpriced I was very impressed with the professionalism of the staff an..."

January 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lycka and his nurses always make me feel comfortable and they reassure me that everything will be ok. I was very nervous about my last Moh’s procedure as it..."

January 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "All of my visits with Dr. Lycka make me happy because he never makes me feel like I am unimportant. He listens to me and my concerns/worries regarding my melano..."

December 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Every experience that I have had with Dr. Lycka has been excellent. The staff is friendly and eager to help. Every procedure has shown significant results and h..."

December 20, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Worst experience imaginable. Long story short, I went in for lipo laser on my thighs and abdomen last year. The results were the exact opposite of what he sa..."

December 8, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Never will be back , was not fully satisfied. Had an appointment for a consult, and felt they trapped me into paying the fee, and then didnt answer all of my qu..."

December 6, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Every experience that I’ve had with Dr. Lycka has been excellent. The staff are friendly and eager to help. Every procedure has had significant results and has ..."

December 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to Dr. Lycka for approximately 7 yrs...Treating me with an ointment for rosacea, this has controlled my outbreaks and diminished redness...I a..."

November 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After battling with extremely itchy and painful skin on my leg for over 9 months, including multiple antibiotics, oral prednisone and many visits to my Doctor, ..."

November 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Easy! Very little pain. Results were fast! Dr. Lycka has a wonderful personality! Caring and kind."

October 20, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Had botox appt back in june, waited over an hour in the waiting room. Got in with his nurse first, which was amazing and so nice. She went over the info about b..."

October 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The nursing staff was so kind and helpful and welcoming. Dr. Lycka’s confidence reassured me so much, and the post op phone call the next day to check up on me..."

October 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "All staff is very pleasant and professional. Dr. Lycka is very friendly and easy to talk to, also very professional. I would definitely recommend Dr. Lycka an..."

September 30, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "My experience with dr barry is so good... He is active, intelligent and so understanding.. Full value of money on all services I think so... I'll there for prp ..."

September 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had smart lipo done on my abdomen and sides and really pleased with the results. After the procedure I had a lot of swelling and it took 6 months to see the ..."

September 18, 2014
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Lyckas staff are excellent. The only problem I have is he makes people wait a long time. I understand when problems arise, but every time I am in his offic..."

September 8, 2014

July 13, 2013

April 30, 2013

February 16, 2013

July 31, 2012
  • combined ratings from Ophthalmologist listing (DID: 3492354)

June 6, 2012