You may also like

Rate Dr. Julie K. McCammon

Dr. Julie K. McCammon's Ratings

My midwife, that I loved, moved so I had to pick a new dr. My friend suggested Dr. McCammon. I wasn't really thrilled with what I'd heard about her during my friend's pregnancy, but feeling I didn't have a lot of options, I went to her. I had a pap smear done at my first exam. I started spring off and on after that, but had no problems before. I ended up losing the baby at 11 weeks, after calling and telling the office I was bleeding more. They did an ultra sound and found no heart beat. The nurse called and told me that I'd need to schedule a d and c for a week or do it, in case I didn't have the baby before on my own. I was told that I if I had baby in my own that I needed to bring it into the office. I had no clue what to expect. I asked asks got very little for answers. Went in for post op visit a few days later asks told Dr that I couldn't keep walking around waiting, told her I didn't know what to expect asks that was scaring me. I asked questions with minimal answers then and not much for sympathy, or whatever you'd call it. When it came time for surgery I never saw her at all that day. She came out after asks talked to my husband and said all went well, asked if he had questions, which he didn't know what to ask, and that was it. I think she did a good job on procedure, but that's all the good I can say. She has horrible bedside manner and the wait was always about three hours. There is more, but I guess by now you get the point. I want a Dr that knows her stuff and makes you feel like they actually care about you. You don't get this here. The window to the sign in desk is covered with flower paper, so if you just come in for forms you have to wait. Front desk lady gets snippy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2860523].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

My regular doctor went to another facility so I chose Dr McCammon when I found out I was expecting my 3rd child. I was high risk since I had Placenta Previa with a previous pregnancy. Her bedside manner was absolutely awful. Her choice of attire and demeanor DO NOT indicate that she is a doctor. She was horrible at answering my questions especially concerning my delivery. I had a plum sized cyst removed during my C-section and trying to get answers out of her about it was nearly impossible. During my pregnancy I saw the nurse more then I actually saw her. She was "in an emergency surgery" or "out of town unexpectedly" for over half of my visits. I would NOT recommend her to anyone! I had 2 babies previously and had no issues with delivery and recovery. My 2nd was also a C-section. I had her on the Monday before Thanksgiving and went Black Friday shopping with no issues at all. When Dr McCammon delivered my 3rd child by C-section the recovery was absolutely horrible! I felt like my body had been torn apart for days. She performed a circumcision on my son the same day we were sent home. He had trouble urinating after we were home and I called her office for help. They flat REFUSED to help me with my son because "once the baby is delivered he is no longer my responsibility" even though she was the one who had performed the circumcision. I will not be using her again!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2689194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2015

I had to see this doctor due to being a first time mother and being high risk. She was not personable and her bed side manner was horrid. She always was late and put me in hospital over the smallest things. Even the hospital got tired of seeing me for such unimportant things. The doctor came to my room one time and looked like a homeless woman. She was not nice to me the entire time i saw her and made it very difficult to go anywhere else. I would NOT refer anyone to her ever. Her staff are very hateful and rude. They don't like to be bothered but patients, even though it is their job. Forget trying to get answers from call backs too. Overall I missed my follow up due to the fact she was out of town when it came time for me to deliver. How about that for a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2617694].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

I have seen her a total of 2 times in 3 months after moving back here after college. Mu old GYN told my my very fist PAP was abnormal but not worry because of my age it was normal and they would retest next year, they did and everything was fine. I went to Dr.McCammon who immediately went on full red alert. She gave me a routine exam and had me do an ultrasound and blood work (neither which she does in the office unless your pregnant and even then she asks them to go to the hospital sometimes)I got a call 3 weeks later saying the ultrasound was fine but my blood work showed possible infection somewhere in my body so she put me on 2 antibiotics one which strongly warns you not to take it unless you know exactly whats wrong and it has shown cancer in rats that have used it. I was told to eat with both pills but one told me use without food, They made me sick and I missed a lot of doses. At my check up she told me I needed a new blood test and did another exam now i need a Colposcopy...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][651454].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2013

I chose Dr. McCammon as my OB for my first pregnancy and will be using her for the rest. She is incredibly intelligent and I think her bedside manner is fanastic. She did everything possible for me during my pregnancy and was incredibly kind. I had to have a c-section, and before the surgery she came in and held me hand, reassuring me that everything would be fine. I have never been comforted by a doctor like I was by her. I recommed her to everyone I know that needs an OB/GYN

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][651453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

Surgery to remove fribroid on uterus...great incision...straight and barely noticeable scar!! This is the only positive thing I have to say. All staff is rude and snotty and act like they hate their job!!! Wait can be an hour but dr king is 2-3 hour wait so I can do an hour wait. No one explained why I had to have this surgery before I got pregnant...they didn't care that my husband was going through chemo and we might not be able to wait. Great work but no personable or considerate attention...if u don't mind the wait and want to stay in clarksburg area go to dr king.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][651452].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2013

Dr. McCammon was to complete a Hysteroscopy and dilation and curettage procedure in December. She was unable to finish the procedure due to perforating my uterus. When I woke up from recovery I would have liked for her to have came and talked to me. To explain what happened. My husband said she did come and talked to him and he was confused. He said she was brusque with him. When I asked the nurse to explain what he was trying to tell me she looked at my chart for the notes from the surgery and said the doctor must have them. She acted like she was not aware of the failed procedure. I called the doctor the next day and the nurse finally told me the doctor had punctured my uterus and was not able to complete the procedure. I feel the doctor, either at the hospital or by phone, should have talked to me personality about this coinsurance. It shows a true lack of empathy on her part. A perforation occurs in only !% of all procedures according to the Mayo Clinic online website.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][651451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2013

Dr. McCammon is most kind, gentle, and knowledgeable. She is on time, unless she has to deliver a baby. She ordered several tests and, due to my age, also recommended a cardiologist to have a stress test done. I was nervous when I had to have a D&C to determine some issues. I was gratefully surprised, when just before the anesthesia was administered, Dr. McCammon (in her mask and gown) had come in to hold my hand. I had never had a doctor to reassure me like that before. Matters were taken care of during surgery and now I am pain free. I highly recommend Dr. McCammon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][651450].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2012

Dr.McCammon is a nut case, end of story. I am 27 weeks and now have to switch doctors. You have to wait weeks for test results if you ever even get them. I have seen her a total of 2 times since I have started seeing her at 8 weeks! She is never there, she always has an excuse whether it be her back or some other "problem" she is having. She doesn't explain anything and for me being a first time mother that is very important to me. Her beside manner is terrible and she is not very gentle with you at all. I would never recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][651449].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2011

I had to switch doctors because of a long distance move and chose Dr. McCammon. She has delivered 3 of my children, and I'm very happy with her. She's always helpful and informative. I've talked my friends into going to her as well, and they have never had an issue as well! I highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][651448].votes_count ]]