Ratings for Dr. Shannon Stobie

I went to Dr Stobie's weekend after hours care as a referral from my Family Doctor (they rotate weekend coverage). This was the worst medical experience I ever had. She made me feel like a criminal for using the clinic for a fairly pressing matter prior to leaving the country. If she doesn't want to offer this type of service, she shouldn't take it out on the patients!! Traumatic experience. Better to go to the hospital and take your chances.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

I had two appointments with her at the University of Waterloo's Health Services. She was very knowledgeable and shared abundant information with me about my main concerns and condition, I felt cared for, respected and never felt talked down to. However, it did feel rushed and I always had more questions as soon as I left her office. I personally would not book an appointment with her again, but I am impressed by how knowledgeable and thorough she is when presented with a single concern. I just wish I was allowed more space to present secondary concerns or given space to breathe after presented a diagnosis or treatment option instead of being hit with a lot of information

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

She never looks me in the face when I have an appointment with her.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Lack of empathy even though very knowledgable. I will not ever see her again.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Best doctor. I brag to everyone how lucky I am to have her look after my family. Will listen and never rush through the visit. Always on time and never makes us wait

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

This doctor needs a refresher from medical school or she needs to take another profession.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Dr. Stobie is by far one of the worst doctors I have ever encountered. If you are a highly sensitive person, struggle with self confidence, struggle with mental health issues or try to advocate for your health DO NOT see this doctor. After every meeting I felt worthless and like I was wasting her time. She is arrogant and self-serving. I found the whole experience quite traumatizing and I do not think I can even set foot in that clinic again as I feel it may trigger me.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I met Dr Stobie during an emergency appointment when my regular GP was on vacation. She made me feel comfortable and was very thorough in her exam and review of symptoms. I feel she would make an excellent GP, and one I would seek out if I was looking to change doctors.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I strongly disagree with the negative feedback in the previous comments. Dr. Stobie has an incredibly busy schedule, but she always ensures that her patients have been cared for adequately before moving on to the next patient. She always consults with the patient and includes their input before making a treatment plan or prescription. She is efficient, kind and very attentive to detail. I have been a patient of Dr. Stobie's for the last ten years and neither myself, nor any of my family members, have ever had a negative experience with her.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

I've seen Dr. Stobie twice now at the University of Waterloo's Health Services. Both times, Dr. Stobie was kind and took the time to get to know me and to understand why I was visiting her. She was thorough in her examinations, and was able to answer all of my questions. If she was unsure of something, she made sure to connect me with the appropriate resources/contact information of others in the area. Dr. Stobie is a fantastic doctor !

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016