You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Shannon Stobie

I've seen Dr. Stobie twice now at the University of Waterloo's Health Services. Both times, Dr. Stobie was kind and took the time to get to know me and to understand why I was visiting her. She was thorough in her examinations, and was able to answer all of my questions. If she was unsure of something, she made sure to connect me with the appropriate resources/contact information of others in the area. Dr. Stobie is a fantastic doctor !

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Punctual, knowledgeable, efficient and thorough. She does move quickly through the appointment, but I never got the impression that I was being unduly rushed. Excellent at quickly following up lab results. Quite happy with the quality of care I receive.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

My wife and I have known Dr. Stobie about 2 years. I have nothing but good things to say about her. She is very knowledgable, careful, and very very punctual. I can confidently say that she is the most punctual doctor that we have dealt with in the KW area. She might seem a little strict at the first visit, but that feeling changes over time. I would strongly recommend Dr. Stobie to anyone in need for a family doctor in this area.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

I have had only one encounter with this doctor when my own doctor was off. Dr. Stobie was rude, judgemental, and uncaring. She did not listen. She was very unprofessional. I let in tears! I hope I do not ever have to see her again!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

I agree with a lot of the comments. I always feel rushed whenever I meet with her. Same comment from my wife. She won't deal with more than one issue in a single visit. She's rudely dismissive if you bring up information you saw on the web. I understand that she may know better as a doctor but there's a polite way to deal with that situation.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

Dr. Stobie has been my family doctor for 11 years. She is the best doctor I or my husband have ever had. Very professional and thorough and caring. She makes sure to refer patients to the best specialists, at times outside of the immediate region. She is also very good with children.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

Dr. stobie is extremely rude, unprofessional(in the way she speaks), and uncaring. she is not at all empthetic. The only thing she is good at is seeing you on time, other than that she has very limited knowledge, she gets offended if you ask her details, she doesn't allow you to discuss more than one problem at a time and makes you feel very uncomfortable for asking questions or questioning her decisions. I would not recomend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

The comments given reflect my experience with Dr. Stobie: kind of a "Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde" scenario. I will say that she has been very helpful in getting to the root of my issues, but mostly because I have increasingly learned to be my own advocate. She can be dismissive and condescending, but she is also extremely punctual and reliable, and excellent at giving referrals when she feels that the problem is out of her area. I have seen her bedside manner move from atrocious to benign over the past 5 or so years, which is positive. I think she is trying to be more compassionate and understanding, and although she seems to have to work for it, I do appreciate the effort because I think she realizes that she can come off really gruff. I do wish that she would approach the whole body as interconnected rather than vehemently and pointedly refuse to talk about more than one complaint at a time. If she were to do so, it would benefit both the patient and her practice, pedagogy, and approach.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Very caring and knowledgeable; Acts fast and doesn't waste time - both during examination and for getting a referral

flag | Submitted September 28, 2012

I have been with Dr Stobie for the last 10 years and will be actively looking for a new doctor whom I feel will take the health of my family more seriously then the amount of time left in the 'scheduled' appointment. My last visit with her was beyond unprofessional and I have seen her dedication to the well being of her patients deteriorate dramatically over the last 5 years. I find Dr. Stobie to be very short to point of being rude when discussing the circumstance for the visit and absolutely does not take the time or care to thoroughly check the symptoms before making a educated decision. There are so many other doctors out there that are truly dedicated to their professions and their patients. I want to feel confident that when I leave an appointment I am getting the best care for my family...and this has not been the case with Dr. Stobie for many years. If you are looking for an excellent family doctor...this is not one to consider.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

Dr. Shannon Stobie's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've seen Dr. Stobie twice now at the University of Waterloo's Health Services. Both times, Dr. Stobie was kind and took the time to get to know me and to unde..."

January 18, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Today I have had an appointment with her and I was actually very depressed after this visit. She was very good in terms of knowledge. But she was rude and racis..."

July 16, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "N2A1" to "N2H 2P2". Address has been updated from "None" to "385 Frederick Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15197471200".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Punctual, knowledgeable, efficient and thorough. She does move quickly through the appointment, but I never got the impression that I was being unduly rushed...."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My wife and I have known Dr. Stobie about 2 years. I have nothing but good things to say about her. She is very knowledgable, careful, and very very punctual. I..."

December 16, 2014
  • City changed from "Waterloo" to "Kitchener"

April 5, 2012