Ratings for Dr. Eugene Sacevich

Gear MD, he's been taking care of me for over 30 years.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dr. Sacevich has a sense of humour and always puts me at ease. He is a excellent doctor and tells it like it is. He has been excellent with my children and they have no fear of the doctor. Should something be beyond his scope he does not hesitate to offer a referral to a specialist. Staff and wait times are beyond his control but both have gone downhill since he was forced to change locations. His previous staff were just as great as he is.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

Dr. S., as we respectfully call him, has been our doctor for a number of years. He is very knowledgeable and always willing to take the time with us to listen to our concerns. He is not afraid to refer us to a specialist, should it be needed. The wait times suck at the Port Arthur Clinic...awful place actually. Not nice staff. Wish he had not left Janzens location. But he is an awesome doctor so we will suffer thru having him at this awful clinic, in order to have him as our doctor.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

Our family loves Dr Sacevich he has been our families doctor for ever, I find him to be very understanding and easy to talk to, he is always very present when my children and I have our apts, he always goes above and beyond his duty he is jut the most amazing man/doctor IV met and I'm very lucky to have him as not only my doc but my children as well as my parents knowing that he is also their doc makes me feel relief cuz I know we are all i. Amazon hands and care!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

My so son told me about this site and am glad he did. For some 30 years Eugene was our family Doctor. He's the best of the best. Straight and honest. Wait times.....I'd rather wait two weeks in a sleeping bag to have him look after us than wait an hour to get some Doctors I've met since leaving Thunder Bay. RH

flag | Submitted January 1, 2013

Dr. Sacevich has at times been helpful with my medical concerns, but I have found that as my conditions became more complicated or required medication he did not help me. In situations of severe pain, depression and other conditions he undermedicated me to the point that my health was negatively affected. He has actually indicated that he could not do much for me. This is very upsetting when a person is in pain, ill and needing help from their doctor. I try to see my doctor vs going to the ER, but I do not get the treatment I require. His staff is very friendly and helpful. I can usually see him within a week which is excellent so I do mind waiting an hour in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

This Doctor was my family's doctor for about 30 years. He never showed himself to be particularly competent or incompetent while I was a child, although there were definitely several times he mis-diagnosed us which led to lengthy recovery times for otherwise minor ailments. However, he proved his complete incompetence and lack of care for his clients by ignoring my father's complaints of depression and increasing mental illness. He did not refer him to a specialist, he did not take any interest or any action to help him and as a result my father committed suicide. Not only was my father a long time patient, he was in a way a colleague of dr. sacevich's as he was also in the medical field. If dr. sacevich dismissed and ignored his illness I can only imagine the damage he's done to others. This doctor should be required to take training in recognizing mental health issues - we trust our doctors to help us, and ignorance is not an excuse for incompetence.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

I wasted my time this evening at the Spence walk-in clinic. The best the doc could do was repeatedly ask me what I wanted him to do and that a walk-in clinic wasn't the right place for me. Sorry, you're the doctor. I thought you would know what to do better than I! Had I known better, I would have headed straight for the ER instead of wasting my time there. I was just trying to save the Ontario tax payers a couple of thousand dollars by going to MY clinic for help with what I did not perceive as a life threatening emergency. I am in moderate to severe discomfort due to joint and muscle pain of unknown causation. A MILD muscle relaxant likely would have done the trick until my regular doctor sees me in about 10 days. For the record, I was not seeking a prescription for narcotics! Not everyone is!! I was merely seeking temporary relief from the pain so I could sleep and work, but I guess modern medicine does not have any effective treatment for pain!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

He is a very caring doctor, I have had him for 35 years. He has a very caring attitude. Long wait times but I take a book. I cannot bear the thought that he will be retiring eventually.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

Dr. Sacevich has been our doctor for many years and he is terrific!!! He has a great personality, great sense of humor and does not hesitate to refer us for tests or specialists, if required. He is one in a million!!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009