Ratings for Dr. Devi M. Newcomb

Dr. Newcomb has been my primary physician for 3+ years and has always been very caring, personable and helpful. I had not been to a doctor in about 7 years prior to going to Dr. Newcomb because I was sick of the way I was treated...appointments meant nothing, I was called in 20 minutes or more past my appointment time only to wait another 20-30 minutes in the exam room. I have never experienced this with Dr. Newcomb. She has even blocked off extra time if I had a new issue when making my appointment. If you are looking for a new doctor give her a chance. I think she is fabulous and hope she doesn't change one thing! The reception staff and nurses have always been wonderful. They are cheerful, friendly and always very helpful. I know I am rattling but I think Dr Newcomb respects my time and the office prides themselves for being prompt on appointments and I have never felt rushed.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

When I saw Dr Newcomb for my initial (new patient) appointment, she did not introduce herself, greet me, or exhibit any of the AIDET principles of medicine practice. I had several health concerns that I wanted to discuss but the atmosphere in the exam room was unfriendly and cold and I did not feel comfortable. I offered Dr Newcomb copies of my medical records from my previous physician and she refused those copies, stating that she didn't "think that was necessary". That is when I, personally, lost all confidence in her. I think my past medical history IS necessary. While I am sure she is a competent physician, most capable of attending your health care needs, I also feel that she should be more approachable and at least introduce herself to her new patients and take a brief moment in time to just become acquainted.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

Dr. Devi M. Newcomb's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1996)