Ratings for Dr. Joanna Preibisz

Although I was suffering deeply, because I became extremely anxious as a result of my smptoms, this doctor simply stated that my symptoms were "psychosomatic." Her reluctance to go the distance to understand my symptoms- some of which were clearly objective (such as dehydration, and weight loss of over 40 lbs. in 4 months); and some of which were not (such as excessive thirst and excessive urination), caused me to suffer unnecessarily, for a very long time. In addition, she did me harm by broadcasting to colleagues that I was a "psychiatric" patient. Thus, when I went to the Urgent Care unit, I was treated as if I was crazy and "melodramatic." I had to completely switch al of my medical care in order to get a "fresh, objective" look. I was (finally) diagnosed with GRAVE's DISEASE and TYPE 1 DIABETES. (At the time i was seeing this doctor, my thyroid was "borderline" range- and my blood sugars were actually slightly high.)

flag | Submitted November 23, 2006