Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey S. Tharp

Great surgeon, treated me with respect and listened to my problems. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

I agree, Dr. Tharp acted like I was a number and that he was my hero. I had a double neck fusion in 2012 and can barely move now. When I said it was getting worse and that now my back was hurting he said that was a different issue, but didn't address it. I am applying for disability and reached out to him for his report. His assistant has lied to me and has been terribly rude. Dr. Tharp will not do the report because I still owe him a couple hundred dollars. Really? And the insurance company paid you how much?

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013

Great surgeon helped me with my horrible pain. He was very thorough ran some additional tests that helped locate another problem prior to my originally scheduled surgery. Was very patient and explained all my tests and the surgery.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2012

Dr.Tharp had done my first spinal fusion over 11yrs ago and recently done my cervical fusion. He is VERY understanding and knowledgeable. It's the "bedside manner" that makes a scary surgery a whole lot better!! Thanks Doc!!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

Very pleasant and friendly, seemed very knowledgeable. Definitely helped my back problem. Would recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

I went to Dr. Tharp today and he made me feel like a second class citizen. He said he would not recommend surgery and blamed it all on my smoking. I would not recommend him to a dying animal.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

A little quick but was a busy day still received good care in timely fashion

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

Waited almost 2 hours. Told me what my options were and then rudley said "What are you going to do?" The doctor should have been much nicer to me.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2008

I''m a nurse and have had to utilize Dr. Tharp''s services several times now. At a pre-op visit, we discussed the procedure and what was needed. He already knew how he was going to proceed and my input was not needed. Unfortunately, 6 months later, I was back in surgery and my doctor had to fix the problem that occurred because Dr. Tharp wouldn''t listen. No more visits to him!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2008

Yep...just felt like a number with Tharp. Ole boy's gotta 4100 SF house 'on' Lake Milton...His bedside manner seemed like he was doing ME a favor and then referred me to someone else. At least he admitted he was clueless as to what the problem was!!!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2007

Dr. Jeffrey S. Tharp's Credentials

• Ohio University Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1980)