Ratings for Dr. Isacc Pretorius

Great family GP and surgeon. Two thumbs up. Thanks Dr. P

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

I absolutely love this doctor. He has never been wrong in diagnosing me so far and has been great with my kids. He lets my mother instincts lead the diagnosis sometimes if I have a strong feeling about something wrong. He never tells me he knows better, he has even told me that if I have a strong feeling about something to tell him cause he will keep looking if he has to. I do get upset when he is away as I trust him the most with my family care.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Dr Pretorius has been a fantastic doctor for me and my boys. My only complaint is that he is generally running behind.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

Looking for a new GP, good time to do so because he leaving his practice for a year. Nice guy, but....the other reviews pretty much describe the situation with his practice. He sure milks the system here, wonder how South Africa compares to B C?

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

I have never felt more cared for by a Dr in my life. Feel like I can speak my mind to him and he will return the favour, which I personally appreciate. Very thankful to have him as our family Dr.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

This doctor books to close together and therefore has not enough time to do the job properly. He should also drop the attitude there are way smarter doctors in town

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

So glad to have him as my doctor. He has been nothing but helpful and kind to me. Over the last three years of seeing him I feel he knows me and cares about my well being not only as a patient but as a human being.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Dr. Pretorious was my doctor for a lot of years. He is incredibly arrogant and narcissistic, but I was willing to deal with it as long as he got the job done. When that ends though, there is nothing. After I sustained an injury that caused excruciating pain, he chose to ignore it. In fact, he told me that it wasn't even possible, saying things like "I don't buy it", even though several doctors, (including his wife and his substitute), and my physiotherapist, (that he referred me to), were saying otherwise. He actually went so far as to accuse me of "looking for surgeries" and "nobody can do anything about this anyway". When I did finally convince him that I needed a referral to a surgeon, (who's big question was "Why did it take you eight months to get here?"), he neglected to send my x-rays and scan results, a "mistake" that has happened several times now. If all you need is a prescription re-fill he's good enough, if you're in real trouble or pain, go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

This Dr. seems to only care about the billing so he can go on his hunting trips back in South Africa. Very dissapointed and changed Drs. as soon as I could

flag | Submitted December 18, 2010

I lived in Smithers for 2 years, and gave birth to my daughter there. Dr Pretorius was incredible throughout my stay there, and in fact, the ONLY positive thing I have to say about that****ty town is the excellent [medical] care I and my family received from him and his staff. There was often a wait at his office, but other than that - awesome. I wish he would move and set up practice here in the South Okanagan.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010