Ratings for Dr. Lisa M. Thorn

Dr. Thorn has been my families doctor for over ten years, she is the only doctor I trust 100%. She listens and is compassionate. She found my husbands cancer and heart problem, and followed his care with other doctors. The "lap" dog is wonderful for patients to relieve stress, if he is a bother to you the room has a door you can shut. Staff is kind and friendly, nurses are professional - have no clue what someone else said. It's 2016 folks, if you judge piercings and tattoos your in the wrong century!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

I have been with Dr. Thorn for several years, and she is has always been wonderful! She's smart, friendly and genuinely cares about her patients!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

I have to agree with the previous comment (dated 10/20/15). I've been with Dr. Thorn for years, but haven't been happy with her for my past few visits. The front office staff is fine, but the nurses - not sure where they are coming from. At my last visit, the nurse who took my blood pressure, etc - was wearing dirty, ripped jeans and had a nose ring. In addition, when i went to get blood work, the same nurse said "I'll be with you in a minute" - I saw her coming out of the back room - eating cake.... Unprofessional and inappropriate behavior! Also, Dr. Thorn had a small dog running around, and not thorough with my physical. She checked my upper body, and then smiled & said "You're healthy". Then, she left the exam room - before I had a chance to say anything. I'm not happy with her, and considering finding another Primary.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

My first visit she couldn't help me with anything I went there for. She told me to go to a specialist. She is rude and not very knowledgable or maybe just lazy.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

If you want a doctor whose lap dog will run into your examination room and jump on you while you are waiting for the late doctor ( hello, cleanliness please?), and you think it is appropriate and normal for a doctor to keep copies of the Good News Bible on the counter in each EXAMINATION ROOM, and you also think a doctor asking you how many sexual partners you have ever had - out of the blue - allegedly for some unspecified "statistics" is appropriate, then by all means, book an appointment with Dr. Lisa Thorn. Her desk staff are rude and unhelpful. The doctor may be intelligent enough to practice medicine, but her personal agenda renders her unsuitable and unqualified to see and treat discerning patients.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

I love Dr. Thorn - I can't say enough good things about her :-)

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr. Thorn is absolutely wonderful! She's really smart, friendly and genuinely cares about her patients. You usually have to wait before you see her, but it's worth it - because she's wonderful! Sri

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

I look forward to my appointments with the doctor. She does run a bit late but that's because she listens to what her patients have to say. During the time she's with you you're the only person on her mind and she'll listen to each situation and address any problems and suggest solutions or cures. She cares. Dr. Thorn is quite sensitive to the needs of her patients. Recently I got choked up when discussing the loss of my mother. Doctor Thorn subtly passed me a box of tissues, although I didn't use them, her act of kindness did not go unnoticed. She has a wonderful sense of humor and although I don't know her that well seems to be a very decent person. If it wasn't for the fact she's a Yankee fan, I would say she's perfect. I have recommended her to friends and family.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

Dr. Thorn is extremely competent, kind, caring, and knowledgeable. She is always respectful and takes the time to listen. She returns calls very promptly.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

I agree - Dr. Thorn is the BEST MD! She is really smart, thorough and really cares about her patients. She tends to run late, but I don't mind because she is VERY thorough and takes the time to address my concerns.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2010

Dr. Lisa M. Thorn's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1990)

TRICARE