She is a very good doctor but have bad receptionist

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I had been pleased with Dr. Shamsian's but since she moved again I find the paid Parking alot and she has no nurse or assistant so everything seems like a time issue with her now

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

Disappointment in my past 14 years as her patient.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Dr Shamsian has been my family doctor for nearly 14 years. She has been very attentive to my concerns, referred me to the right specialists and help me a lot during my time of depression. I know that her old receptionist was no good but her new one is very helpful. You have to understand that Drs do their best to give everyone their time and hear their concerns but they are human too..

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

im 17 and I went to Dr Shamsian because I wanted to start on SSRIs for my anxiety and SAD, because counselling didn't help me a lot but when I explained to her just that she says: "I will refer you to a psychologist". ... I honestly just think she listens for the sweet spots in problems. Now I have no idea how to deal with my problems because she dismissed it all as a case of the 'winter blues'. It is the month of April, Dr Shamsian. She is the worst doctor I have ever encountered, not to mention the entire facility that is Bank Medical Centre.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I have had Dr. Shamsian as a family doctor for a long time. She has always takes her time when something is urgent which I truely appreciate. I can tell that she cares and does her best to help. Her current receptionist is very responsive and usually finds an appointment that works.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I have had Dr Shamsien for about two years now. So far my experience has been a positive one as she has always been punctual and thorough in the exams. She does not push pills, which I appreciate but does encourage good diet, exercise and rest which are the hallmarks of good health. It has gotten more difficult to get an appt as she now has more patients than when I started. Perhaps due in part to a loss of patients as indicated below.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Dr. Shamsian has been an excellent doctor for me and my family. She has diagnosed something that I don't think some other family doctors would have found. She made her case for me to get seen by the right specialist. She is very good with kids. Her office has even gotten me a same day appointment when it was urgent.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

I was a patient of Dr.Charlatan,I mean Shamsian, years ago when I moved from Toronto to Ottawa. I would go to her and report fatigue, bloating and clumsiness. She would say it is just the stress from the move. Months later I came in for my physical that consisted of blood pressure check, ears nose and throat check via otoscope. I asked her “what about blood work” and she answered “you look fine”, “plus blood work doesn’t show anything”. What?! Months go by and I almost drown in lake when a sudden episode of fatigue comes on after I jump in the water. I went back to this Dr. and she asked me “well what did the blood work show on your physical”? I was shocked and answered “you said I didn’t need blood work because I looked fine and that blood work doesn’t show anything”? She looked at me blankly for a few seconds and said she wants me to get blood work done. Few days later I get a call to come in for me results that showed that my vitamin B12 is almost non-existent.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

Dr. Elham Shamsian's Credentials

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "She is a very good doctor but have bad receptionist "

January 27, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I had been pleased with Dr. Shamsian's but since she moved again I find the paid Parking alot and she has no nurse or assistant so everything seems like a ti..."

December 29, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Shamsian is a very good doctor. She cares and takes her time when things are complicated. I like the new office at the new location."

December 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Disappointment in my past 14 years as her patient. "

November 13, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Shamsian has been my family doctor for nearly 14 years. She has been very attentive to my concerns, referred me to the right specialists and help me a lot d..."

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "im 17 and I went to Dr Shamsian because I wanted to start on SSRIs for my anxiety and SAD, because counselling didn't help me a lot but when I explained to her ..."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had Dr. Shamsian as a family doctor for a long time. She has always takes her time when something is urgent which I truely appreciate. I can tell that sh..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I have had Dr Shamsien for about two years now. So far my experience has been a positive one as she has always been punctual and thorough in the exams. She do..."

November 20, 2014
  • First Name changed from "" to "Elham"

September 15, 2012