Ratings for Dr. Elham Shamsian

Dr. Shamsian cares for me because she is strict with me. When I asked for (er, demanded) a specific treatment, she looked into it. Then she explained why a different treatment was better to start with. The office is quiet and comfortable. The receptionist is quick and good about finding a spot for me if it is urgent.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

Terrible Doctor. Arrogant and self righteous. Blamed me for her mistakes on my prescription renewals. Rude. As soon as I mentioned getting a medical marijuana license for chronic pain and lowering a prescription med she raised her voice and said I can't do that. Accused me of always tampering with my meds and said she couldn't keep me as a patient if I continued. Basically any mention of medical marijuana and she will drop you immediately. Too bad..she could have learned from me and chronic pain. I'm off the pharmaceuticals and doing well with cbd capsules. Went from 200 robaxcette a month to 0..yes 200 and she knew about it, she denied it but I mentioned it a few times. She said I was better off with robaxcette. Wow.. be your own doctor people. Ask questions and don't let any doctor bully you. Dr. Shamaian could use some further education with chronic pain and how to treat it. She is also very moody. Dont show any emotion or she will suggest therapy lol

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

Horrible I didn't see any family doctor and receptionit worse than them! I am so upset why I have signed with her!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

My wife and I continue to see Dr. Shamsian even after we moved outside of Ottawa. She cares for us. She took time to thoroughly investigate my medical problem. The office is quiet. The receptionist is quick at finding an appointment.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

Doctor Shamsian became my family doctor after my previous doctor retired comparing them both she is absolutely terrible and incompetent. I'm very surprised that she even has some good reviews here. My experience is that she is very quick to diagnose me and my other family member and has given us wrong prescriptions more than once in the past. She's not helpful when explaining concerns of mine. But after seeing some reviews here it is clear to me she has patients she cares about and other patients that she does not. Horrible receptionist very rude.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Just terrible. Assuming and condescending. That's what we get for high tax rates and free health service. If it didn't exist and everyone would have to pay from their own pockets, she would not be as arrogant.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Completely lacks any form of formal education. Her go to diagnosis is always that it is stress related.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

She was indeed rude and made, me, her bread earner, felt like an inconvenience for asking about different options and further tests regarding my health. I was so unsatisfied and annoyed at her unnecessary remarks but I held my tongue until I got an other Dr. I finally had enough when she yield at me during a consult regarding walk-in clinic results from an other Dr that she noticed on my chart (basically she refused to book me in until I paid a previous missed appointment for being sick not being able to show up - so I had to get a second opinion asap) my jaw dropped - I firmly asked her to lower her tone and left her office never to come back. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed how odd her leaving the room often for long period of time was. Not to mention 30-45 mins wait before being seen and arriving 10-15 mins in advance and then again wait 5-10 mons more in the room. The reception staff was always changing, loud or on their phones.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Shamsian for 11 years, Dr. Shamsian is the most caring Doctor I have ever had, and I am 82 years of age. She is not only caring about her patients, she is extremely knowlegeable, and very thorough with her examinations, I strongly recommend anyone who needs a great Doctor to contact her. Her assistant/receptionist Sarah, is a wonderful young lady, who will take excellent care of you, when you book your appointment.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I can tell Dr. Shamsian cares for me because she takes her time to listen and to explain things. I usually get an appointment in a short time. And she is on time most times when I come. I am glad I can park indoors when the weather is bad.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017