Dr. Indra Dhunnoo

You may also like

We have had Dr. Dhunnoo as our daughter's ped since 2008. He is fantastic and thorough with anything PHYSICAL, but when it comes to MENTAL wellness, it is a different story. My daughter began experiencing anxiety and panic attack symptoms in 2011. Dr. Dhunnoo was determined to find a physical 'reason' for her struggles. While this was great and we were able to rule out anything physical, we were still left with a little girl who's struggles grew month after month. I feel that we lost important time that could have made our reality today a little easier. We have finally been able to get referrals (finally a psychiatrist referral from Dr. Dhunnoo) and many others from school, etc. We are hopefully on a path to mental wellness now. We will hang on tightly to Dr. Dhunnoo as our 'physical' doctor as long as we can, as great Doctors are so hard to find!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

He is by far the most amazing doctor that we have worked with. I have a child with very complex medical issues, and can ALWAYS rely on Dr. Dhunnoo to answer any and all of our concerns any day, any time. He has also given advice and support while he has been out of the country on holidays. We could not ask for a better doctor.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

Submitted September 22, 2015

Dr Dhunnoo is the best pediatrician I have ever seen for my 2 yr old.He is very compassionate and understanding. I completely trust him as he listens to all the issues and tries explaining everything to you in detail.Totally love him!! Oh yes, on the other hand his staff and the receptionists are completely worthless..They should first be taught how to talk to people on the phone

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Dr. Dhunnoo is a good doctor but the staff are very unhelpful and rude. I totally agree with all the reviews here about the staff. At the beginning of the conversation, first thing that a caller would provide is the patient name, then when you ask (ie: confirming an appointment time and date) the person who answer will tell you " ah maybe , I don't even know who your child is". Dr. Dhunnoo should take time reading the reviews and talk to his staff.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

New clinic is very simple atmosphere, but still exudes a sense of calm. The new receptionists are also considerably more approachable and kind. A lot sweeter than the ones before.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Dr. Dhunnoo has been our twins doctor since they were born. He is wonderfully reassuring and knowledgable. He always makes us feel like we are doing a great job and that our kids are perfect. He has been a joy to see. I do agree that some of his staff, particularly the ones who answer the phone, are less than helpful but there is one staff member who is very compassionate and understanding.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

I agree that some staff members have an off-putting attitude but some are very friendly. All are competent. As for Dr. Dhunnoo...He's very gentle and puts the child at ease with his calm, quiet, manner and for every PHYSICAL problem our kids have seen him about, he has been fantastic. Spot on diagnoses. Meds that resolve the conditions. Awesome. Trying to get a referral for assessment for MENTAL health concerns? I voiced my concerns about my firstborn on 3 separate occasions when she was between the ages of 12 months and 3 years old. According to Dr. D, her issues were either because of our parenting (great way to demoralize first time parents) or dismissed as not an issue at all and she was perfectly normal. Even after I came with a letter from an OT recommending referral for assessment, he said no. We missed out on years of early intervention for our special needs daughter because I couldn't get her doctor to give us a referral to get her assessed. Eventually, I managed to have another doctor see our daughter and when she was 4 years old, assessed and diagnosed with 3 disorders. Now she can get access to the therapy she needs. A child doesn't get assessed with severe developmental delays unless they actually have a real delay. Not mild. Not moderate. Severe. So if you have any concerns about the mental health of your child, take her elsewhere. Thankfully, our other child is typically developing, so I can happily report that Dr. D has only (majorly) dropped the ball for this one health concern for our family.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr. Indra Dhunnoo's Credentials

Updates

• A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "We have had Dr. Dhunnoo as our daughter's ped since 2008. He is fantastic and thorough with anything PHYSICAL, but when it comes to MENTAL wellness, it is a di..."

November 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is by far the most amazing doctor that we have worked with. I have a child with very complex medical issues, and can ALWAYS rely on Dr. Dhunnoo to answer any..."

October 17, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "gave my child the wrong medication in 2009. still visible complications to this day in 2015. his front staff were very unhappy in 2009 "

September 22, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Dhunnoo is the best pediatrician I have ever seen for my 2 yr old.He is very compassionate and understanding. I completely trust him as he listens to all the..."

September 18, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Dhunnoo is a good doctor but the staff are very unhelpful and rude. I totally agree with all the reviews here about the staff. At the beginning of the con..."

July 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely awesome! I work with many paediatricians and Dr. Dhunno is one of the best! "

May 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "New clinic is very simple atmosphere, but still exudes a sense of calm. The new receptionists are also considerably more approachable and kind. A lot sweeter th..."

May 25, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Dhunnoo has been our twins doctor since they were born. He is wonderfully reassuring and knowledgable. He always makes us feel like we are doing a great job..."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "One receptionist is very rude and mean, but everyone else is so great. And Dr Dhunnoo has been very helpful and reassuring with our daughters lung condition."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I agree that some staff members have an off-putting attitude but some are very friendly. All are competent. As for Dr. Dhunnoo...He's very gentle and puts the c..."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr D is amazing. My daughter gets excited when its time to go see him. Very thorough, does not waste time - if he suspects anything its checked for - better saf..."

November 4, 2014