Ratings for Dr. Stephen M. Fries

I am a mom of a 2 year old son and 3 year old daughter and I worked in elementary education for 7 years before having children. I went through 3 pediatricians before finding Dr. Fries. He is absolutely fantastic, kind, incredibly knowledgable, careful and the most excellent pediatrician I have ever encountered. I feel so lucky to have found someone who I really trust. My children have not been easy cases, my daughter was evaluated for autism and needed to have her tonsils removed, and Dr. Fries helped me to weather these challenges with confidence. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

Excellent. Children feel very comfortable with him. Goes out of his way to anticipate what children will need. Came to him based on a friend's recommendation. Not disappointed.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

His bedside manner was deplorable. Our preemie son was losing weight and Dr Fries gave us values for minimum feeding amounts and weight gain. Our son did meet each of those values, but the doctor then decided it wasn't enough because some staff member had reported to him (without noting anything to us) that our son looked tired. The feeding tube was probably appropriate, but I object to the numbers he gave us to reach, which now seem to be just busy work, and the fact that he couldn't reach a diagnosis on his own, but instead relied on second hand reports from a non-medical(!) member of the staff. And I especially object to him coming in the next day saying "It looks like [staff member] was right." Insensitive, unnecessary and rude. How can I trust him to take care of my kid when he can't take responsibility for his own diagnosis and when he gives meaningless milestones to keep the parents busy? We were kept out of the loop on our son's condition and we are not happy.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2010

This MD came close to killing my son, first by allowing his staff to vaccinate him while running a low grade fever with MMR and Varicella. Once sick and hospitalized he misdiagnosed him as viral when he was bacterial. My son was Life Flighted to Denver Children's hospital close to respiratory arrest, from a hospital bed in BCH. Fries hadn't ordered rads or a CBC until 72 hours after he was hospitalized, he let the rads sit 12 hours before even glancing at them. A letter to the medical board netted a "not at fault". The ENT staff at Denver Childrens had a diagnosis in 8 minutes and operated in less than 30 minutes. They saved my son's life.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. Stephen M. Fries's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Homeopathic Medicine (Grad. 1977)

MSP/BC Med