Ratings for Dr. Janet Kelly

I, along with most of my family, have been patients of Dr. Kelly's for many years. I have always found her to be friendly and knowledgable. When my grandmother was placed in a nursing home and could no longer travel to her appointments, Dr. Kelly went to the home to check on her there -on her own time. This type of kindness from the medical profession is almost unheard of nowadays! Her nurse, Lynn, is so nice. She always finds time to squeeze me in even if I call at the last moment. She also takes time to ask me how my family and I are doing. The only negative I can find is that it can be challenging to make an appointment with dr. Kelly herself as she has been taking more time off. However the doctors filling in for her have been very pleasant and helpful.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

I feel so blessed that I finally had the nerve to tell her what I thought of her, then left her practice and I now have a wonderful family doctor. First issue was trying to get an appointment, Lynn always made you wait about 2 weeks to get in and with children that was so frustrating. She always made me feel like we didn't matter. Lynn was always short and rude on the phone and in person. Dr. Kelly always looked at me with a "really" kind of look, like she didn't believe what you were saying. My youngest didn't gain weight for the first 6 months of his life, and ate all the time (I breastfed him), I was exhausted and knew something was wrong with him. She went on a symbatical and the Dr. filling in for her diagnosed my son as anemic the minute she walked through the door. The doctor ordered blood work and called me the next day to tell me she was right and told me what we needed to do to rectify this. Dr. Kelly couldn't figure this out? I remember when I was going far away once and I was worried I might have to seek medical treatment in the States, both she and Lynn, told me just to think good thoughts and hopefully I would be okay. She always made me feel like I was a drug seeker because of my medical issue, I could not talk to her and felt sick to my stomach when calling to make an appointment and when trying to tell her what was happening with me. I started taking my kids to a paediatrician because I always had to wait 2 weeks to get them in. My family were always telling me to leave her because of how she treated me, but it's not that easy to find another doctor. On my last appointment with her she was extremely rude and got angry when I told her how she made me feel. Lynn told me "good luck" finding another doctor, I don't know what you will do!" Well, I'm happy to say, I know, I now have a fantastic doctor, that sees my family and I, one that listens, is understanding and asks your opinion and one with a wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

Dr. Kelly has been my doctor for 21 years and has seen me through many health issues emotionally and physically. Ten years ago she discovered a small mole on my back that would have been missed completely if it wasn't for her thoroughness! It turned out to be a melanoma in the very early stages. Because of her being so knowledgeable and thorough I can say I am cancer free for 10 years now. I love her nurse, Lynn. I think she gets a bad rap in some of these reviews. I love her "matter of fact" manner and I think she does an amazing job!!! I am so thankful that Dr. Kelly is my doc.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

I have only great things to say about Dr. Kelly and her staff!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011

The first problem with Dr.Kelly is just getting to see her! You can never reach her on the phone, takes a very very long lunch, and then getting past Lynn her frosty,opinionated nurse is a nightmare. We don't take our kids to her unless we absolutely need to but Lynn makes you feel like you know zero. Then Dr.Kelly makes you feel stupid. Asks you the same questions over and over, she constantly forgets about drug allergies and your history even when she is reading it in the chart. Rarely refers you out. Always makes you feel like she is rushed. Dismisive. Brutal.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

Dr.Kelly is an amazing doctor, and if you give it to her straight she will help you. Her nurse, Lynn is not rude, she is straight to the point, and always performs her duties perfectly. I am Dr. Kelly's worst patient, and she still finds time for me, and has been my best supporter of my difficulties with my diabetes. She has never diagnosed me incorectly, and has always taken the time to listen to my concerns.....my family loves their doctor, and is extremely thankfull that we have her....... :)

flag | Submitted November 10, 2010

I LOVE my doctor!! She delivered my first child and I had faboulous care! Her nurse is always caring and helpful. I have been a patient for 24 years with NO regrets!!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

Have been a patient of Dr. Kelly for 21 years and she has been FABULOUS. When our children were younger, I ALWAYS got an appointment the same day that I called. For the most part I still do. Our family has had some serious medical conditions and Dr. Kelly has provided us with exemplary care. She has always taken time to listen and answer all questions with detailed knowledge and solutions. One of her best traits is that she is not hesitant to refer when necessary. Personally, I also like the fact that she treats me as a whole person, not just the physical ailments. I trust my families health and mine to her without any hesitation.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2010

The nurse is always rude - I always have difficulty booking an appointment. A few years ago I went into the office with a major fever and was limping because I could only drag my leg two days after a car accident -- she said she could book me in to see the doctor in two weeks. I went to the hospital and was xrayed -- they found I had torn ligaments at my hip, but luckily no internal bleeding. When I see the doctor for meds, it's always a rush -- she's okay, but I could certainly use more than 10 minutes for each appointment...

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010

She is too quick to dismiss concerns missed a serious problem with my 1st pregnancy even though I was high risk and I lost the baby. Would not listen to my concerns with my 2yr old child and resulted in a trip to emerg with a serious infection something I was trying to explain but was treated like the over protective parent and does admit having limited knowledge. Scared me so I stopped going to her years ago.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2010