Ratings for Dr. Anwar I. Moryan

Dr. Moryan dismissed my thyroid issues and only focused on my weight. When I tried to bring it back to my thyroid (blood tests showed problems) he became rude and suggested I was stupid for not understanding this. He kept suggesting problems and when I would ask, he would look at me and say, "no." I left not understanding anything that might be going on feeling put down and unhelped. I will never consider going back.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

Dr. Moryan is too conservative in the treatment of thyroid cancer. At every appointment he dismissed my concerns that not enough routine tests were being done and doses of radioactive iodine were not adequate. His office staff is very unfriendly and unorganized. After seein him for 9 months I have 2 new tumors. Least to say I am not happy. He does not treat aggressively enough and dismisses all of your questions and concerns. His staff also did not fax any of my medical records to new Endocronology and Dr. Moryan did not fill out required paperwork from my employer to be off work. Very unsympathetic if you ask me. I would not recommend this Dr to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2013

Was not very helpful and I felt he thought my "problems" with my weight were all in my head. Changed ot a new doctor and I have my thyroid problem under control and I'm feeling better.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

I've been going to Dr. Moryan for years. He's not exactly warm and fuzzy, but he's extremely knowledgeable and competent, and he's literally the only doctor I trust. My favorite thing about this doctor is that he cares about your overall health, and doesn't just throw medication at your symptoms. He knows how everything works together, and encourages you to be healthy. It's not always easy, but following his advice has helped me keep my weight down and feel energetic and healthy.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

Dr. Moryan is by far the best physician I have ever seen. I am a Type I Diabetic for 25 years, and have been seeing him since 2001. He helped me lose 60 lbs, and have kept off more than half for all these years. His knowledge of his science and of many other subjects is unsurpassable. His bedside manner is excellent, as are all the staff. Rarely ever have to wait more than 5 - 10 minutes. I see him every three months and always look forward to the visits, even when I haven't always done what I am supposed to. He is understanding, never harsh. I tell everyone about him.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010

Not helpful at all when asking him questions about diabetic complications of neuropathy.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2009

Is very pro-synthetic medications (Levoxyl, etc.) and anti-natural medications (Armour, etc.).

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

He makes you feel very comfortable, and is very knowledgable when it comes to Thyroid disorders.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2009

Dr. Anwar I. Moryan's Credentials

• Univ Of Cairo, Fac Of Med, Cairo, Egypt (330-02 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1975)