Ratings for Dr. Daniel J. McGrath

I went twice to see this doctor. I had been dealing not only with red eyes for several months but also my glaucoma. My pressures were in the thirties which was unusual for me. He gave me timnoptic even though I told him that I did not do well well with beta blockers. The next time the pressures were higher so apparently my Brimonidine and Lumigan were not doing the job. I would have to have trab surgery in December more than a month away. He did not suggest any other drops and let me leave with no plan but surgery, even though my pressures were high. I decided afterwards to seek a kinder doctor, one that would listen.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2013

I must say I'm looking for a new glaucoma specialist after several years with this "doctor". Bedside manner is terible, and advice for me about eye problems unrelated to glaucoma badly affecting vision were "live with it". When asked if he would consult with another doctor on my behalf for other necessary treatments he refused.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2009

I should preface this by saying that this occurred in Feb 2003. I have not set foot in this guy's office since, nor will I ever. I was sent to McGrath by another dr for a 2nd opinion on how to treat my son's glaucoma. McGrath was over 1 hour late to the appointment and did not even apologize. When I asked him why he was so late, he told me to find another doctor. He refused to see my son and walked out of the room. How unprofessional to ignore a request from a peer, not to mention to ignore a child in need of treatment. Truly unbelievable. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2009

WAITING IS LONGER THAN 1 HOUR, THERE IS NOT RESPECT FOR THE PATIENTS TIME. LACK OF COMMUNICATION

flag | Submitted April 8, 2009

Dr. Daniel J. McGrath's Credentials

• Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)