Ratings for Dr. John Calado

He was my doctor a few years ago. He was always very short with me and not courteous at all. He couldn't find out what was wrong with me, why I had so much stomach pain. After being admitted into the hospital several times, he got upset me me. I changed doctors and my new doctor diagnosed me with uterine cancer. Calado missed that I guess. Made me feel like a hypochondriac and complainer. I will never forget his nastiness

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

Not recommend this physician if patient over the age of 70 ... The physician lacks care and interest in keeping a patient alive ... Dr calado recommends palliative care .... Not treatment cure .I almost lost my parent whileDr calado while the treating physician in the hospital . Thank heavens there was another physician that could take over the care of my parent ...and we transferred out of Troy Beaumont....

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

Though I do agree with some of the above statements about this bed side manner he is very knowledgeable. Once you get past the personality and condescending ways he has made great decisions on my health care and I am feeling better than I have in years.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

Rude. Condescending. Refises to believe your patient history, insinuates patient is making things up at first visit without having read records or even meeting patient before. Does not listen. Patient is stupid and does not have a clue what is going on with their own body. Hidden agenda on goals with patient, rather than focusng on what the patient came to see Dr. for. Does not make shared treatment decisions with patient. Yells at patient.Does not give treatment 'options' so patient can decide for themselves. If patient disagrees with doctor, he becomes enraged and threatens to abandon or dismiss patient. Treats chronic pain patients as drug seekers even if patient has lived a clean and sober life and has no history of substance abuse. Treats recovering breast cancer patient as though all the damage from chemo and radiation is all in her head.Also treats normal anxiety and depression from this diagnosis like a pervasive mental illness rather than the PTSD it truly is. Fires patients!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

flag | Submitted August 31, 2012

He is worth the wait. Very thorough. Dr. Calado listens carefully and asks appropriate questions when needed.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

This doctor does not have good bedside manner. He is very self -assertive and sometimes you need to just listen to your patients and understand where they are coming from.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2009

Dr. John Calado's Credentials

• Mi State Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, East Lansing Mi 48824 (Grad. 1994)