Ratings for Dr. Richard J. DeAsla

I am a professional lacrosse player.Had an ankle surgery 12/21/12 for a torn ligament, loose bone fragment and defect in my tibia (Brostrom and Arthroscopy)I was in a soft cast for 1 week then hard for 3 weeks then into a walking boot for 2 weeks still on crutches. Then walked in the boot for 2 more weeks til i was in a normal shoe again. I am a professional lacrosse player. Ive worked with alot of doctor in my career and De Asla comes highly recommended. When you are with him you have his full attention. Also explains things full and clearly. Never felt out of the loop or that there was an unknown. Everything has been great since surgery. I have an appt with him on Friday to get full clearance to return to impact on the leg. I have been completely pain free minus some soar and tiredness after a hard therapy session but asides from that I have zero complants and happy with my decision to work with De Asla.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

I met with this doctor at Mass. General in Boston a couple of years ago for an ongoing work related injury. When I first met him I knew right away that he was the person that I needed to get me better. When I found out that he was leaving MGH to practice at Excel Orthopedic Specialists in Woburn I knew what I had to do, so I followed Dr. de Asla to Excel. This doctor takes the time to explain everything and makes you feel that you are his only patient. He has a great reputation as a surgeon, and as a person. I trust this man to have myself, and families best interest at heart. I know that I made the right choice. If you read this comment, and meet Dr. de Asla, you will agree. Thank You, Tom W.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. DeAsla for several years. He is a fabulous doctor - very knowledgeable, very patient, and always willing to answer questions and explain things without lapsing into too much technical talk. He has a problem about being on time because he is so generous with his time with each patient; he never rushes in and out, like some doctors. He recently went into private practice, leaving Mass General to do so, which may mean that his "on-time rating" will improve. Doesn't matter to me, though; I will wait until he's ready because he's so good.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2012

Fantastic doctor ans staff. I would recommend him to all my friends and family gosh forbid they get a foot or ankle problem.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2010

Dr. DeAsla was probably the best doctor with respect to professionalism and expertise that I've been to, in any specialty. In addition to being extraordinarily knowledgeable about my particular medical issue, he more thorough and explanatory than any other doctor in any area from whom I've received care. I particularly liked the fact that he was able to speak to me about my medical issues and address my concerns with incredible patience in a clear manner, and without ever making me feel as though I would be unable to understand the complexities of which he spoke. For things that were more technical, he was able to anticipate a need for more simplified explanation and more detail, and delivered it without condescension or glossing over anything. Dr. DeAsla's unrivaled expertise and wonderful bedside manner make him one of the best doctors in this field in the Boston area, if not nationally. I recommend him highly, and have already done so with friends and colleagues.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2008

Dr. Richard J. DeAsla's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

AHC