Ratings for Dr. Kier MacMillan

Great down to earth supportive and knowledgeable and caring to his patients and their needs. Both Kier and his wife are amazing and I am thankful everyday that my family is lucky enough to have him. Not at all surprised to see he is on the top 10 doctors list. Way to go Kier your awesome:) and thank you so so much for taking such good care of my family and I. Your the best! S. M. E. (guess who...a hint your wife and I always compare fashion notes)

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

Greatest doctor ever had one of the nicest guys I've ever met always have a laugh whenever I see him and he's one heck of a guitar player all in all he's a great guy

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Kier is incredible at what he does, he couldn't have choosen a better profession. He makes you feel extremely comfortable and has always personalized appointments for me and made me feel so at ease. He is very quick to refer which is amazing and is quick to email back with follow up. All around an amazing doctor and person!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

Kier is phenomenal. My husband and I were considering moving back to Ontario and made a list of pros and cons for moving. The top reason for not relocating? We knew we would never find a doctor comparable to Kier. We feel so fortunate to be in his care!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

Keir has been my GP for about 25 years.I count myself so fortunate that he and Linda have been there for me and my late husbands journey with cancer .He is very open minded and keeps up to date including me,an oldie,in my Keir has been my G P for 25 years and I am so grateful for the caring he has exstended.to me and to mylate husbands journey with terminal cancer.Linda ,his wife and receptionist has shown me she goes way bey Keir has been my GP for 25 years.I am so gratful top have such Keir has been my GP for 25 years and so many times has treated me and my late husband with compassion and caring.Linda does an amazing supporting him and I am so gratful to both of them

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Nothing but good to say about Kier, as doctor, and Linda, on reception. Yes, the practice is ridiculously busy now, to the point where it is not practical to book an appointment for something that might be dealt with at a clinic. I don't blame this practice for that, as it's a much bigger problem. I have found Linda to be very effective, reliable, and courteous on reception, in spite of the extreme workload. If Kier doesn't know something, in my experience, he will research it to find out. I appreciate this, and his no-bullshit plain talk when it comes to genuine consultation.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Kier is the best. But yes things have changed. And 5 minutes for a fill in! U now it is going to take longer. And confidentiality talking on the phone should be quitter People in the waiting room listening or when your at the desk, well on the phone. Some things are not meant to hear. Dr. Macmillan has been my doctor for 15 years. Love u to pieces Doc! In my eyes your the best!don't get me wrong, when your sick and have to do most things yourself now a day when it comes to medical! And agree about the front desk to be rude and abrupt!

Submitted May 9, 2015

I agree with the last two comments. I have been a patient of Kier's for many years and have so appreciated his friendly and comforting manner....as well as his being an excellent doctor who is prompt to refer when necessary. However there has been a definite change in the past year or so. The receptionist is often rude and abrupt. Kier, although as friendly as ever, seems stressed and more intent on recording your visit on his computer than actually eye-balling you and listening. Although I am sympathic to the medical constrains on doctors I don't want to be reminded of it during my 15 minute visit or to feel guilty when I am suffering from a legitimate medical complaint. The office is beginning to feel like a business rather than a medical practice. I hope for some positive changes in the very near future.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Kier has been my doc for many years and I always had great respect for him and felt myself very lucky to be in his care. However, I agree with the last comment. Things have changed. The receptionist is very abrupt and downright rude at times. She is more of a gatekeeper than a helpful receptionist. Kier does indeed pay more attention these days to the clock and his computer than actually listening and thoroughly examining me. I too wish for a return of the old Kier who took his time, listened and seemed to genuinely care so that you left the office feeling you were in the best hands possible. Another thing is it's next impossible to get an appointment except for a "5 minute fit-in" which is useless if you have any complex problem. I get more time at a walk-in clinic with a doc I don't know than with Kier. I hope too this is a temporary situation due to stress of having a private practice but they really need to make some positive changes.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Dr. MacMillan has been our GP for a number of years. I have always agreed with all the positive comments here but things seem to be changing. We get the feeling that there is a lot of stress in the office. Perhaps the Dr. and his receptionist are becoming burned out in dealing with a very full practice. The receptionist is often abrupt, cold and seems irritated with having to deal with patients. Dr. MacMillan does not seem as connected as he used to be and and how much time your appointment is taking often feels more important than what you have to say. We realize that it's important for an office to run on time, but somehow there is something missing from the caring, welcoming practice this used to be. Hopefully, this is a short term situation.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015