You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Kier MacMillan

MacMillan is #1 of 711?! LOL Hahahaaaa... this is a colossal mistake!!!

Submitted January 22, 2016

Nothing but good to say about Kier, as doctor, and Linda, on reception. Yes, the practice is ridiculously busy now, to the point where it is not practical to book an appointment for something that might be dealt with at a clinic. I don't blame this practice for that, as it's a much bigger problem. I have found Linda to be very effective, reliable, and courteous on reception, in spite of the extreme workload. If Kier doesn't know something, in my experience, he will research it to find out. I appreciate this, and his no-bullshit plain talk when it comes to genuine consultation.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Kier is the best. But yes things have changed. And 5 minutes for a fill in! U now it is going to take longer. And confidentiality talking on the phone should be quitter People in the waiting room listening or when your at the desk, well on the phone. Some things are not meant to hear. Dr. Macmillan has been my doctor for 15 years. Love u to pieces Doc! In my eyes your the best!don't get me wrong, when your sick and have to do most things yourself now a day when it comes to medical! And agree about the front desk to be rude and abrupt!

Submitted May 9, 2015

I agree with the last two comments. I have been a patient of Kier's for many years and have so appreciated his friendly and comforting manner....as well as his being an excellent doctor who is prompt to refer when necessary. However there has been a definite change in the past year or so. The receptionist is often rude and abrupt. Kier, although as friendly as ever, seems stressed and more intent on recording your visit on his computer than actually eye-balling you and listening. Although I am sympathic to the medical constrains on doctors I don't want to be reminded of it during my 15 minute visit or to feel guilty when I am suffering from a legitimate medical complaint. The office is beginning to feel like a business rather than a medical practice. I hope for some positive changes in the very near future.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Kier has been my doc for many years and I always had great respect for him and felt myself very lucky to be in his care. However, I agree with the last comment. Things have changed. The receptionist is very abrupt and downright rude at times. She is more of a gatekeeper than a helpful receptionist. Kier does indeed pay more attention these days to the clock and his computer than actually listening and thoroughly examining me. I too wish for a return of the old Kier who took his time, listened and seemed to genuinely care so that you left the office feeling you were in the best hands possible. Another thing is it's next impossible to get an appointment except for a "5 minute fit-in" which is useless if you have any complex problem. I get more time at a walk-in clinic with a doc I don't know than with Kier. I hope too this is a temporary situation due to stress of having a private practice but they really need to make some positive changes.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Dr. MacMillan has been our GP for a number of years. I have always agreed with all the positive comments here but things seem to be changing. We get the feeling that there is a lot of stress in the office. Perhaps the Dr. and his receptionist are becoming burned out in dealing with a very full practice. The receptionist is often abrupt, cold and seems irritated with having to deal with patients. Dr. MacMillan does not seem as connected as he used to be and and how much time your appointment is taking often feels more important than what you have to say. We realize that it's important for an office to run on time, but somehow there is something missing from the caring, welcoming practice this used to be. Hopefully, this is a short term situation.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

What everyone else has said. AMAZING doctor. So caring. Runs right on time. Admits when he doesn't know something. Offers alternatives to drugs, doesn't overprescribe. Feels like visiting a friend :)

Submitted September 29, 2014

Has been my physician since 1999, very good doctor.

Submitted September 26, 2014

Has been my physician since 2001, and I am very impressed with everything.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr. Kier MacMillan's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "MacMillan is #1 of 711?! LOL Hahahaaaa... this is a colossal mistake!!!"

January 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Nothing but good to say about Kier, as doctor, and Linda, on reception. Yes, the practice is ridiculously busy now, to the point where it is not practical to b..."

December 1, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V8N1" to "V8R 6R3". Address has been updated from "None" to "1964 Fort Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12505925311".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Kier is the best. But yes things have changed. And 5 minutes for a fill in! U now it is going to take longer. And confidentiality talking on the phone should be..."

May 9, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I agree with the last two comments. I have been a patient of Kier's for many years and have so appreciated his friendly and comforting manner....as well as his ..."

April 21, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Kier has been my doc for many years and I always had great respect for him and felt myself very lucky to be in his care. However, I agree with the last comment...."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. MacMillan has been our GP for a number of years. I have always agreed with all the positive comments here but things seem to be changing. We get the feelin..."

January 14, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "What everyone else has said. AMAZING doctor. So caring. Runs right on time. Admits when he doesn't know something. Offers alternatives to drugs, doesn't overpre..."

October 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Kier Rocks! Best run office in the city! Sincere, Honest and no B. Sh#t. I am truly blessed to have him caring for my family"

October 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "What everyone else has said. AMAZING doctor. So caring. Runs right on time. Admits when he doesn't know something. Offers alternatives to drugs, doesn't overpre..."

September 29, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Has been my physician since 1999, very good doctor."

September 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Has been my physician since 2001, and I am very impressed with everything."

September 15, 2014
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "N"

January 18, 2013