You may also like

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

DR. SHAP-HERO is, surely, A WANTED MAN! New York, London, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Sydney, etc., must ALL be clamoring for him to lead their Medical Teams... How fortunate we are to have this caring gentleman, here, in Edmonton! My husband's diagnosis of cancer was a most frightening time... At the initial meeting, Dr. Shapiro carefully apprised us of what to expect and he arranged for surgery to take place within a matter of d-a-y-s. Just prior to commencing surgery, Dr. Shapiro took the time to reassure his patient and to fill us in on details. As my husband was whisked into the Operating Room, I wept; ever-grateful for Dr. Shapiro's astounding medical acumen & surgical abilities... On a daily basis, 'Surgeon Shapiro' performs multiple, intricate surgeries of epic duration. He then, personally, in down-to-earth style, delivers news of the operation to family. Yes, Dr. Shapiro truly deserves the utmost respect from his community... and, beyond! We are humbled. Our family member was able to receive the highest standard of surgical expertise, from the highest qualified Surgeon of Oncology. THANK YOU, DR. SHAPIRO. So, HARRY POTTER! It's Time to Step Aside... The REAL WIZARD from the U.K.?? *DR. SHAP-HERO*... ALL THE WAY!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

Expertise in his field of Transplanttaion . saved many lives through the islet transplant Program , giving us a second chance of life many provinces are short of ignoring the world renowned leader in type 1 reasearch , Support his effort Support the islet program clinic in Edmonton AB

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Dr. Shapiro got me into surgery 6 days after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He is a very kind, caring person, who explained everything to me in layman's terms. He performed the Whipple procedure on me, and was there before surgery to give me comfort, knowing how terrified I was. He was there every morning after surgery to check on me along with his staff of doctors. In my opinion, Dr. James Shapiro is the most caring, professional, wonderful human being I have ever had the privilage of meeting.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2013

Dr. Shapiro removed the rt lobe of my liver a few years ago. The bad news was delivered by him in a caring and respectful manner. The office got me in 2 days after my emergency MRI, and he booked my surgery while I was in the office. I was bumped the day before my surgery and was very upset by it, mostly due to a bad case of nerves. He phoned me himself while I was still in pre-admission and explained why. I had my surgery very soon after. Throughout my stay he remained professional and kind. Follow up visits were very successful as well. No complaints from me, I would highly recommend him to anyone with liver problems.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2012

Great doctor - very kind and to the point. He is a very busy man but always had time to explain anything to me, he even called me a week before surgery when I had a small question about it, taking time out of his busy day. My surgery was rebooked several times (the man does emergency and oncall work, so you will be bumped if something more dire comes up), he removed my gall bladder and a pancreatic cyst - ended up being a bigger procedure than expected, but he visted my hospital bed right away to explain the details and always checked up on me when he could. Very happy with the followup as well. The man knows his stuff! He may seem a little rushed, but he has a lot of appointments to get through - and if you ask him anything, he will take the time to answer.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2012

Did my liver transplant. Great surgeon and a nice guy in my experience. Very busy of course, and one must take that into account when rating things like "helpfulness." I found him approachable, respectful and caring. This guy does 12 hour surgeries routinely, in the middle of the night, with no notice. He's not going to have a lot of time for talking, but he saw me several times while I was in hospital.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

My husband struggled with a dangerously low platelet count for over 4 years. Every treatment tried was unsuccessful. When he saw Dr. Shipiro to discuss the removal of his spleen it was the very last hope. The surgery was a success and we were both very impressed with Dr. Shipiro. He was kind and compassionate and although busy took time to answer questions and keep us informed of what we needed to know both before and after surgery. We highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

Wonderful, wonderful doctor, surgeon and human being. Scheduled me in for surgery within a week or two of my consultation. Did a wonderful job, without any complications.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011

arrogant and so full of himself, couldn't get out of his office fast enough.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

Dr. James Shapiro's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Shapiro saved my life, I owe my life to this man. By far the most caring health proffesional alive! Sincerly TM"

December 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "DR. SHAP-HERO is, surely, A WANTED MAN! New York, London, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Sydney, etc., must ALL be clamoring for him to lead their Medical Teams... How..."

February 21, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Expertise in his field of Transplanttaion . saved many lives through the islet transplant Program , giving us a second chance of life many provinces are short ..."

December 22, 2014