Ratings for Dr. James Shapiro

Dr. Shapiro was amazing dealing with me regarding an emergency gallbladder operation, cleaning up another surgeons issues. he checked in everyday on rounds and twice on the day I was discharged. I found him to be very approachable and he explained everything to me answerinjg any questions I had.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

Dr. Shapiro should lose his OR priviledges and should not be a professor of anything. He is nasty, secretive and a butcher.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Dr Shapiro was amazing. He was professional, and had expert advice. He always took the time to meet you and answer your questions personally. He also came saw me 5 minuters before surgery as well. He provided such excellent care. It gave me great comfort to know that this skilled surgeon was looking after me. His team of staff and excellent as well. All very knowledgeable, hardworking and providing great care for the patient. I would absolutely recommend this surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Dr. Shapiro is a busy surgeon and I've wait hours past my appointment time to see him but once you do, he's kind, gives you the information about your surgery, and to the point. The staff do their best but they seem stressed due to the busyness. I had my surgery date moved a few times but on the day of, I felt very comfortable and in good hands with Dr. Shapiro and his team, the follow up appointment was a long wait and a short visit as my surgery recovery went well.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

He performed an unnecessary procedure and then cut every abdominal muscle I have to remove my gallbladder. Arrogant, without a shred of compassion for his patients. Rude to his residents

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

He was kind, though a little sharp with his residents. Had a liver transplant. Post-op was bumpy with infection (I hear he is known for that compared to the other liver transplant surgeons) . He also dismissed a major issue we questioned, which was severe requiring further surgery when another surgeon came on service. The other two liver surgeons are better. I think some posters are confusing their stress/exhilaration of still being alive with thoughts that this man is the best that it gets

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

World-famed surgeon saw me within 4 days after MRI and Endoscopy plus FNA, gave a quick, clear diagnosis and prognosis, smiled, and set up follow-up. I was in excellent hands. Not a second wasted, full medical terms: treated me as a thinking adult. A+

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr.Shapiro and his team are amazing!!! I can't be more thankful for having this amazing doctor to do my surgery. Thank you Dr Shapiro.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr. Shapiro saved my husband's life, not once, but twice. He received liver transplants in December 2004 and again in March 2016 due to recurring liver disease. This man is absolutely amazing....brilliant....extraordinary. We are so thankful and blessed to have had him as our surgeon. Thank you Dr. Shapiro.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

This brilliant surgeon is worth the wait. First time ever has a surgeon and an anesthetist visited me five minutes preop. Can say enough good things about Dr. Shapiro.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016