Ratings for Dr. Allan Kopyto

Helpful and friendly receptionist. The nurse is great, she always does half the work for the doctor before he even steps in the room, asking all kinds of questions and making notes in my file. I've been a patient for about 8 years, and seeing him isn't an issue. Unfortunately, I've had complicated issues that required very long waits for specialists (i.e.: 11 months for a neurologist) and certain exams, but that's not his fault. Surprisingly, when a fairly big gallstone was discovered, he sent me to a surgeon right away. Turns out the surgeon said no symptoms, we're not doing anything (even if both my parents nearly died from complications of gallstones) and sent me home saying to come back when you have symptoms... o.O Dr. Kopyto has always been very helpful with all things relating to work injuries and forms, making the time to see me whenever I needed something else on a short notice. Always asks me what I think he should do and what do I want to do, which is funny, since I am not the doctor. But I think he does that to see what we understand about our condition. Not very good when it comes to call back and follow-up on exams. I've had to call them to ask if results are in, and what to do next. Appointments always seem to be a bit rushed, so I tend to write notes so I don't forget to ask things and bring him "homework" on a separate sheet with anything that is important to add to my file. Gotta make the most out of those 15 minutes somehow!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

Incredibly unpleasant person. The worst doctor I've had to deal with in my life.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Just brutal in every way. No examinations, you are the Dr. keeps saying what do you want me to do. Have left his practice for my own safteym

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Been going here for 10 years and never once has he actually looked at me or addressed any real concerns of mine. He'll prescribe something that is totally wrong for you because he doesn't listen to what you're telling him.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Assigned to him through insurance for a review of my MVA injuries. He barely makes eye contact, other then tell me to bend over to touch my toes and then pulling on my toes after I told him i'm having an Arthritis flair up in the feet, he did no examination. He asked about my psoriasis and I told him where I have it which includes being on my low back/hips and he asked to see but the skirt I had on is not stretchy and difficult to pull on an off but I tried to pull down what I could to show him. That was before these "tests" he did. During the bending over test he tried to pull down my skirt twice to "see the psoriasis"... excuse me, we already went over the skirt issue and without asking he tries to pull down my bottoms? Pervert or bad bedside manner? Whatever it was, it felt uncomfortable and rude! I didn't feel comfortable from the very beginning nor did I feel like he was any real attention to what I was saying. He didn't check my issues so I have no idea how he is going to put together a report!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Ive had Dr. KOPYTO ever since Dr. JURKOWSKY left. Been seing him for oh 10 years. Had a heart attack. Never was asked about heart. Five years later I got atrial fibrilation. Never was asked how im doing. Only hospital staff helped me. I got this ugly constant ugly rash on my legs. He said looks like dry skin. Use moisturisers. Would not go away. Saw him again. Looks like dry skin again. And again. For 3 years, Spent hundreds on the best creams. No perscription given. I got mad. He finally sent me to dermatologist. Cutanious t-cell lymphoma. Ya, Cancer. Radiation, kimo and recovery. 2 more years. Have not been back to him. I have dropped him and am in the process of getting a new one. Hes lucky I havent gone back. Ya a horror story. Never once touched me for examination. Just sits at his computer and types. Maybe computer science was his major. SYAY AWAY.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

He always under plays my issues always charges for extras like once a year I have to get a medical for my licence $110 my last doctor never charged had a funny lump in my stomach told me no big deal told him I wanted it looked at had to force him to send me to someone turns out it was a big deal

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

He's great! Very helpful and genuinely cares about his patients- best dr in the city!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

I have been going here all my life. Dr Kopyto isn't the most personable however I have never had problems with him. He always respects me and deals with any concerns I have. He recently was able to pull some strings and put me ahead of a waiting list for specialists. His staff are also fantastic. Very helpful and friendly.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr. Kopyto is the best doctor, he used to never have time for his patients and that evil receptionist he had. All has changed since then, he actually listens to you, he does crazy cool pen flips with his silver pen, it's actually the coolest and when I ripped a horrid one before he walked in he acted as though it never happened. Doctor Kopyto is a straight G and when I have kids, there gonna see his pen flips. Best Doctor in the city.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017