Ratings for Dr. Allan Kopyto

Have been going here my entire life. Agree with many comments that he is not the most talkative dr but he has always tended to my needs. Sent me to specialists when I asked. Once had to go to a dermatologist and the wait was going to be months. Let him know and he found me one a little further away that was in a few weeks instead. He gets refills for me with no questions or hassle. Got me a perscription on the weekend when I had an eye infection. His staff are fantastic. The nurse and the receptionist. Always very helpful.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2018

This is without question the most uncaring, cold doctor I have ever met. Zero compassion or care. Not sure he has many skills as a practitioner. I've heard similar opinions from other patients in Hamilton. I find it hard to believe the positive opinions here are not him or his family and friends.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2018

Amazing Doctor! When I had my baby he met me in the hospital, and then came to my house the next day so I didn’t have to leave the day after I had a baby! He’s incredible! Honestly switched to him a couple years ago and it was the best decision of my life. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

We have been patients for a very long time and he has never let us down. If he cannot help his referral specialists will do the work and very quickly. He returns call even on the weekends and calls the pharmacies for prescriptions. A very decent man for sure and his staff is amazing too

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

My experience with this doctor and his staff have been nothing short of horrible. Dr. Kopyto is extremely condescending and has no empathy, talking to him is like talking to a brick wall except a brick wall actually has character. In regards to the staff, they are unprofessional and completely unorganized. I have epilepsy and my current neurologist no longer practices. I first called for a referral end of November 2017, it is now February 9th 2018 and I'am still waiting. My current prescription is running out and my pills need to be evaluated the staff is aware of the urgency and still have been coming up with every excuse in the book as to why it has taken nearly 3 months to have this simple issue resolved. My patience has expired and at this point it is just disgusting and a complete lack of respect. I'am in the process of changing family doctors. You have been warned. RUN.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

He is amazing, always making time for his patients and the best possible care

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Helpful and friendly receptionist. The nurse is great, she always does half the work for the doctor before he even steps in the room, asking all kinds of questions and making notes in my file. I've been a patient for about 8 years, and seeing him isn't an issue. Unfortunately, I've had complicated issues that required very long waits for specialists (i.e.: 11 months for a neurologist) and certain exams, but that's not his fault. Surprisingly, when a fairly big gallstone was discovered, he sent me to a surgeon right away. Turns out the surgeon said no symptoms, we're not doing anything (even if both my parents nearly died from complications of gallstones) and sent me home saying to come back when you have symptoms... o.O Dr. Kopyto has always been very helpful with all things relating to work injuries and forms, making the time to see me whenever I needed something else on a short notice. Always asks me what I think he should do and what do I want to do, which is funny, since I am not the doctor. But I think he does that to see what we understand about our condition. Not very good when it comes to call back and follow-up on exams. I've had to call them to ask if results are in, and what to do next. Appointments always seem to be a bit rushed, so I tend to write notes so I don't forget to ask things and bring him "homework" on a separate sheet with anything that is important to add to my file. Gotta make the most out of those 15 minutes somehow!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

Incredibly unpleasant person. The worst doctor I've had to deal with in my life.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Just brutal in every way. No examinations, you are the Dr. keeps saying what do you want me to do. Have left his practice for my own safteym

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Been going here for 10 years and never once has he actually looked at me or addressed any real concerns of mine. He'll prescribe something that is totally wrong for you because he doesn't listen to what you're telling him.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017