Ratings for Dr. David W. Madill

HE WAS MY DOCTOR FOR MANY YEARS AND HE ALSO TOOK CARE OF MY GRANDMOTHER AND MY AUNT. I JUST MOVED BACK TO THE ISLAND AND THOUGHT I COULD GET HIM BACK AS A DOCTOR BUT I FOUND OUT HE RETIRED. THAT IS SAD BUT HE DESERVES TO RETIRE THANKS ALOT FOR MANY YEARS OF YOUR SUPPORT AND GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2010

Sorry you're gone Dr. Madill. You could be tough but honest; professional with a terrific sense of humour. We had some good laughs. Seeing you relax at the Penny Farthing last week reminded me of how much I miss you. I need a new doc. Any suggestions? Thanks. Happy retirement. Alastair

flag | Submitted January 6, 2010

I was about 18 when I first saw Dr Madill, I had come from a very abusive/neglectful past with many health issues as a result and no family Dr. Very little history if any was taken, my blood sugar was tested, I then went many years without treatment for serious illnesses. I had also called the office around this time to explain my mother (a long time patient) was becoming more aggressive and suicidal and that I was concerned for her safety and the safety of others. The receptionist replied that DR. Madill was on vacation and that if I wanted to let him know I should try calling back in a couple of weeks. It was too difficult to make that call again and things only got worse. Young people need guidance and rely on the adults in their community for support and advice. Dr's offices should be a place where they can find that.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2007

Dr Madill has been our family doctor for 36 years. We are sorry he is retiring as he listens and is very supportive when problems arise. We wish him the best in his retirement and will miss him very much. He has a common sense approach when listening to peoples problems and concerns. He will always send you to a specialist when it is necessary.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2007

Dr. Madill has been our family doctor for over 30 years, he has been what most doctors should hope to be. Punctual, but willing to give you an extra minute if you needed it, empathitic for those of us who have cared for a dieing parent and needed the truth of what was going to happen next, tough enough when he needed to be for some of us who smoked at one time. Funny and able to laugh at himself, Smart enough to know that life is too short to work forever and not enjoy the things that we work for. I once asked him " Don't you get tired of people always coming to see you when they are sick and complaining about everything. They never just come to say Hi how are you! His just smiled. I went to him once a year 99 % of the time healthy (lucky me) I did ask him everytime "How are you?!You never looked healthier than when you started taking some time off to enjoy life. Have fun golfing and enjoy some time with your family I know they are proud of you. You will be missed

flag | Submitted June 14, 2007

Well it's been a long time coming but I can finally say what needed to be said years ago! 14 years ago you had a receptionist who after asking her the results of my tests for vaginal infection she replied," I don't know did you sleep with an animal?" She then asked me to take a seat. I was 19 years old scared out of my mind and felt humiliated to the core!! My mother finally asked about this incident to which this doctor replied, oh she would never say anything like that. I am sure she is probably still there. Oh she was a nasty nasty lady. Never smiled always patronized, obviously hated youth! I left this doctor after that and never came back. He also did not take note of some abuse issues that were discussed with respect to my family which is the law to address and report. I wouldnt't recommend this doctor if u r dealing with sensitve issues re sexuality, rape, violence etc. Sure he is competent in other areas.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2007

Dr. Madill has been my GP for 40 years and in my opinion, he characterizes the best attributes in a practitioner; thoughtful, knowledgeable, compassionate, empathetic, humorous, and punctual. I wish him all the best as he retires from the practice in June, 2007.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2007

Dr. Madill has been my primary physician since 1970.He was and is always on time and had time to listen and advise. I will miss him terrible and wish him lots of fun in his retirement. He has served his patients well and I hope I can find someone as caring as him for my golden years

flag | Submitted April 10, 2007

Dr. Madill was suggested to me by another Doctor about 1984 .I am in wonderful health and 63 years young . I am very very pleased and feel grateful for having such a caring knowledgible Doctor . I like the way he explains to me my questions and I notice how he does not abuse the B C system with unneeded prescriptions and tests . A credit to the Canada and medicine . Ken Agate

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007

Dr. Madill was the first doctor that i went to who listened and seemed to care. i am sorry he is retiring, but i am glad i had him as my doctor. thank you, Dr. Madill.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2007