Ratings for Dr. Milton Baker

Dr Baker is my all time favourite Specialist. He’s extremely knowledgeable, kind, and friendly. Yes he can be behind schedule and it’s because he cares for every patient, and gives his full attention to them. He has even given patients his cell number incase they have an emergency after hours. I will highly recommend me him to everyone and I do. He’s even gone to drug companies to ensure I get the medication I need.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2019

I liked Dr Baker at first, but it seems like each appointment goes down hill. He diagnosed me with Rheumatoid Arthritis, and since that first initial appointment I see him every three months. He refuses to look at my joints again, won't order xrays or scans on newly affected joints, and won't even refer me to physiotherapy. He has also said several times that he'll "cure me" within the next several months... Last time I checked there is no cure for Rheumatoid Arthritis. He keeps just adding more meds and refuses to listen to any new symptoms I have. I told his nurse about some new symptoms I've been having and she seemed concerned, but when I mentioned them to him he just brushed it off and told me not to worry as I'd "be cured by February anyway". Do not waste your time with Doctor Baker, he will not listen and will not take your feelings or mental health into consideration at all. And don't even bother going to him if you are a young person, he will not take you seriously .

flag | Submitted December 14, 2018

Run, run, run away. This is not a safe doctor to see. I had a very weird appointment with this doctor. I spoke with some other physicians and they recommended I never see this person again.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2018

I have been to several rheumatologists but none spent as much time assessing and discussing treatment options as Dr. Baker.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

He helped me live my life again. I was starting to give up and just die. Thanks for your support knowledge and occasional smile.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

I am seeing him again almost a year later. But the first visit he was very blunt, Disorganized but he did seem to know what he was talking about. He managed to find tender spots that I didnt know were related to my R.A. HE DID seem to care and was working his way to biomeds. But needed to make sure I qualified. So upped my doses. This made me uncomfortable. So discussed with my gp. And he didnt use his recommended doses. I did try calling to book another appointment as requested by dr baker. But never recieved one call back. I dont know about his staff. I saff him in different location.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Dr Baker has never given up on me and I am very thankful for that; his knowledge and expertise is amazing.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Baker for about 10 years now. He may not always have the best bedside manner but his knowledge and concern for his patients makes up for it. I couldn't ask for a better rheumatologist. He definitely knows what he's doing.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

I saw this Dr for about a year after a few years of widespread pain. From my story, and without examining me well, he diagnosed me with "poly-articular spondyloarthropathy". He gave me meds, meds and more meds, and every time I returned to say there was no improvement, he increased the doses. He did more than one bone scan which each showed no inflammation. I had to have routine liver tests and visits to an ophthalmologist to watch for signs of blindness bc of the meds, but I was 20 and didn't know any better (I am now a RN). One day he got aroused while giving me a cortisone shot in my lumbar spine and I decided I'd had enough. My GP agreed to refer me to a UBC rheumatologist, who did a thorough examination of me, finding I had VERY flexible joints (like a 20 year old not an arthritis patient) which could be moved without causing me pain. He deduced that my problem was my muscles and not my joints, but wanted me to wait for a third negative bone scan before dumping my daily handfuls of toxic meds in the garbage. That bone scan was also negative, but I didn't wait that long to stop taking the drugs. I never went back to this "specialist" who did me more harm than good. I know have all kinds of bowel issues and food intolerances and can't help but wonder if there is a correlation to all the drugs I took for that year. I would not send anyone to this Physician.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

dr baker is the best rheumatologist in victoria.I was in a car accident last january which unfortunatly left me with wide spread body pain and unexplainable symptoms 6 diffrent drs where unable to dx me but when i finally was able to see dr baker for the first time he was able to dx me with in 10 min of seeing him.I would highly recommend this dr to anyone expecially if you are suffering with fibromyalgia like iam and arthritis.He cares about his patients and does everything in his power to help you control your pain.If you need to discuss anything to do with your medications he will return your phone call at the end of the day and if you email him he will email you back.I dont know of any specialist that will do this for his patients.Over all i would rate him with 5 stars.I would recommend him to my family and friends.He can be behind time but its only because he takes the time with his patients.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015