Ratings for Dr. Suzanne Billings

An incredible physician! I think other people dislike her bedside manner because she can come off as brusque, but after a few appointments I came to appreciate it. As someone with health anxiety, she always takes my concerns seriously and lets me know when it really is time to worry. She usually runs late, but to me it seems to be because she's taking extra time with all her patients to ensure that they're okay. If you wait for the service, you'll receive the same attentive treatment when she gets to you. She also treats me for mental health issues, and has told me to use exercise to manage my mental health, as well as prescribed medication (after I tested as "severe" for anxiety and depression on the PHQ-9 and GAD-7). Everyone else here seems to be appalled that she would prescribe exercise to deal with mental health, but many other physicians have said this to me throughout my life, and my father (a psychologist) always agreed with them. In fact, I appreciate her reluctance to prescribe medication for conditions that can be improved with lifestyle changes. She really, genuinely cares about her patients, and makes herself available to us in the walk-in clinic if we need something urgently. I have a few friends who also see her for mental health issues and they also love working with her.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

Misdiagnosing ALL the time. I don’t understand how the government hasn’t taken away her medical license. I feel sorry for her staff, and any new patients that are forced to see her. As a child, she was still 40+ minutes late, TO HER FIRST APPOINTMENT OF THE DAY! Someone needs to read these ratings and actually do something about it. She’s hurting more and more people. Not helping.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2018

She diagnosed me with a serious mental health condition very abruptly, and that is unacceptable. I found out later that she misdiagnosed me, and the misdiagnosis caused me quite a bit of anguish and confusion. You can't diagnose someone after only talking to them for 20 minutes. She was very judgemental and uncompassionate, and it is not good that she continues to misguide students. She might be OK in other areas, but it is very problematic that she is working in mental health.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

Worst doctor I have ever seen at Queens. Utter lack of knowledge regarding mental health issues. Prescribes "exercise" as a treatment to severe anxiety. Should not be working in a student health field. Retire already so no one has to deal with your outdated, close-minded views.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

I’m a woman who is now in her late 30’s that saw her as a child and young adult. She you misdiagnosed me on several occasions. I’ve been to several other doctors in Kingston who have also fixed her mistakes over the years. She made quite a few on me. You are too wrapped up in your own head. First, buy a watch, and learn how to use it. Next is simple, stick to bettering your patients lives. Not your own. Sad to see that you “diagnosed” so many others with the wrong things, ahem, Asthma. Heads up to ANY future patient, GET A SECOND OPINION!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

When the first patient of the day is booked for 8am, and you have still not seen them by 9:30, this is unacceptable. Years and years of this happening. Visit another family doctor.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

Seems very unhelpful regarding mental health issues for Queens students. Prescribing 'exercise' for debilitating depression over the course of 3 appointments displays ignorance of the impacts of depression. Ignoring details of extensive family history also shocking. Perhaps she is more empathetic with young women than guys? She does have some good reviews here.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2018

I have been an ER nurse for 7 years and I do not use the health care system lightly. Dr. Billings is condescending, and her bedside manner is atrocious. When she entered the room, she did not ask me questions or hear my story (maybe she went off the nurse’s assessment?). She disregarded my symptoms, and told me there was nothing she could do for me and that I should return to the ER “If I am that unwell.”

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Absolutely terrible bedside manner. She was incredibly judgemental regarding birth control. Though she is obviously well experienced, she lacked compassion and made me feel terrible regarding the reason I was seeing her. As a physician, she should be aware of topics she must be sensitive toward and if she is unable to do so, she should not be working at a student clinic.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

If only she could be on timee she would be unbeatable!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017