Ratings for Dr. Paul Adam

When Dr Adam’s staff could not get an appointment for me with a surgeon I had previously used, within a reasonable time frame, I was sent to Dr Quinton Chivers at Centenary Hosital who removed a malignancy. It has only been a matter of weeks since the initial and then follow up surgery and one can hardly see where it was on my face. I was most appreciative of Dr Adam’s choice of available doctors and Dr Chivers skill and excellent bed side manner. Don Sinclair

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

the guy is awesome. He is an old school doctor and I appreciate his straight forward approach to my skin condition. It was very refreshing.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

I've read the reviews a few times and couldn't believe what i was reading, I've been to him a few times before but only recently had a terrible experience with him nothing like the reviews but felt uncomfortable, first off I just want to say if you have an appointment at a certain time don't expect them to take you in at that time, it will be 45-hour to get seen. When I first went in I didn't know this was the norm for dermatologist. Basically the my most recent visit was terrible, he was saying things like i'm hard to please, and if you don't want to do it just live with your problem felt attacked . Unhelpful and waste of time, Ill never go back to this guy again. And with all these reviews he should not be practicing anymore...

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

Terrible experience with this doctor. He was very inappropriate and I had to make a complaint to the College of Physicians and Surgeons. I strongly urge anyone who’s had a negative experience with him to do the same.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

I think this guys just great! He has done three or four things for me and I’m very appreciative of his excellent work and fine bedside manner.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

I, too, have had a bad experience with Dr. Adam. I had an appointment with Dr. Adam to examine some spots on my back. Dr. Adam inappropriately and unnecessarily touched me during this visit. He lingered over my back area with his hands for far too long. He then decided he needed to give me a demonstration on how sunblock works and pressed his hand firmly on my upper thigh for far too long to give this demo (which did NOT need to be done by pressing my upper thigh). He did say before, “I am going to touch you,” so I get the sense that he has been reprimanded for this before and feels that giving patient’s warning that he is about to touch them makes it okay. I felt sick and violated during and after that appointment. I held onto this information for almost a year until an appointment with my GP where she was going to refer me to a dermatologist. I told her that I would not see Dr. Adam again and told her why and she encouraged me to write in my complaint. I encourage anyone who has had this type of experience to write an email to Patient Relations at St. Michael's: PatientRelations@smh.ca. You can also file a complaint with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. I've done both. It's 2018. We can't allow men to continue to behave this way--especially those in positions of power, such as doctors.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

I can't believe some of the comments about Dr. Adam. He was so very kind to me and treated me with courtesy and respect. I don't believe he is a "pervert" as someone has described. A very kind and pleasant gentleman.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

I agree with the other women who described him as a pervert. I was (still am) thinking of writing a complaint letter to the medical board for his abusive and extremely inappropriate touch. He is taking advantage of his profession and he should be punished! The first time I went to see him for my eczema problem on my tummy, he quickly brush through my lower area to ask whether I have something there. He DID NOT need to do that. He was about to do the same on my breast area with his pen and I quickly leaned back realizing what he was about to do. He then bent down on his knees, sat on the floor and the way he told me to lean back on the desk so that he can examine me was completely unnecessary and inappropriate. I unfortunately had to go back to this sick minded person because my condition was severe and I felt I had no time to wait for a new doctor. But I took my mom with me the second time I visited the perv. Be very careful everyone. I've seen other dermatologist before but no one ever made me feel this disgusted.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

Dr. Adam is very approachable and doesn't rush the appointment. He's the kind of doctor I enjoy seeing.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

He’s a pervert. He pulled on my shirt and looked down my top the first time I was there. I was really confused and it happened so quickly. We were talking about my upper chest area so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. My second visit, he did it again but we weren’t even talking about the area. He’s quick and calculated about it. It makes you confused because you wouldn’t think a doctor would do this. I felt and still feel grossed out and violated by this. I will NEVER go back. I only came here to validate my concerns. I see other women have said the same thing. He’s a creep!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018