You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Paul Adam

Office runs poorly and is very filthy. The receptionists are very rude. The doctor knows what he's doing, he is one of the best dermatologists in Toronto but he is always late, you have to wait a minimum of 1 hour to see the doctor

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Dr. Adam is rude. He talks down to his patients and ridicules them. His office is filthy and disgusting. I don't even want to sit in the chairs. The examining room is filthy too.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

My 6 month old was referred to Dr. Adam by our family MD. We waited over 2 and a half hours to be called in. Not acceptable when you have an infant. When I spoke to front desk staff, I was informed that it was the "normal" wait time to see doctor. When Doctor finally came in for the consult. He made us wait another 5 mins to take a personal call in the room on his cell phone. I found him to be arrogant and condescending. Does not really listen to any concerns and seems to be in a rush. He also told me I shouldn't worry too much about my baby's eczema condition as it will shorten my life span. He said babies skin can easily get irritated and they will eventually outgrow it. I basically told him...when you're a parent, you worry about everything. So I'll be going to another dermatologist for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

Dr. ADAM WAS GREAT BUT HE NEEDS NEW STAFF ON BOARD TO RUN THINGS PROPERLY!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Dr Paul Adam diagnosed a skin condition (in minutes) that I had been suffering with for thirty years! Many doctors in multiple locations and countries weren't able to figure my issue out. I rate Dr P Adam very highly, his staff are excellent too. Expect to wait and sit in line as this clinic is the best I've found.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

I have known Dr Adam professionally since I was a medical student. He is bar none one of the two TOP deramtologists in Toronto and the ONLY one to who one can refer a patient same day. This is not only critically important but essentially unheard of service from the Dermatology specialty anywhere. As a senior Infectious Diseases and HIV specialist I need immediate opinions and only from top experts once I decide a consultation is in order and Dr Adam has never turned me down. His staff at the Sherbourne office are exemplary and despite a frantic schedule always willing and polite. I cannot say the same about the Scarborough location. As for punctuality, I have given it a 5 star rating despite the sometimes more than one hour wait if you are a patient who has been booked late into the evening hours on a last minute call basis. I have for one been in that situation and so have my family and patients and it is not even a "price" to pay for same-day appointments, and brilliant knowledge. I would wait 3 hrs to hear his opinion and get his treatment any day over going to a local ER or walkin clinic and waiting a much longer time for a dubious outcome. I just dread the day Dr Adam decides to hang up his shingle. He has left a legacy however, with his son Dr David Adam - also a dermatologist ! Barbara Mederski MD, FRCP(C), ABIM(ID)

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

I was referred to this doctor for cystic acne and to be placed on Accutane - it was about a month wait for the appointment. The wait time at the appointment is quite intense, my appointment was at 650pm and I didn't get into the doctor till about 9pm. While he does stay open late on weekends to accommodate people's work schedules - the wait is still painful. Like some of the other comments - he is quite touchy, always found reasons to touch my leg or arm (no gloves, didn't wash hands from previous appointments). Although, I was happy with his treatment plan & he did promise my monthly follow-up he would rush me in so I don't have to wait each time, since they would be quick appointments. Just have to weigh the pros and cons!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

My 6 month old daughter was referred to Dr. Adam by her GP for a skin condition. The wait time was over 2 hours. Good thing she is a quiet and patient baby. Then when we finally got to see the doctor, he didn't examine her at all. Just looked at her arm ( her skin condition is all over her body) and said she needed steroid cream. He didn't say anything about potential side effects of this treatment for a young baby. And didnt give any other options of treatment. Then he wanted to demonstrate how to apply the cream and proceed to rub my leg. I felt very uncomfortable and got a very bad vibe from him. Will not be going back.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

I've been having skin issues since my childhood and I've never met such a helpful Dr as a Paul Adam, even If you have different issues he will look at it on same appointment, other Drs ask you to come back in order to get paid again due to medicine for them is not a profession but a business. Dr Adam is outstanding and he is probably one of the Deans of dermatologist in the GTA....lets say, he is a major league in dermatology. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Dr. Paul Adam's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Office runs poorly and is very filthy. The receptionists are very rude. The doctor knows what he's doing, he is one of the best dermatologists in Toronto but h..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Adam is rude. He talks down to his patients and ridicules them. His office is filthy and disgusting. I don't even want to sit in the chairs. The examini..."

December 2, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "My 6 month old was referred to Dr. Adam by our family MD. We waited over 2 and a half hours to be called in. Not acceptable when you have an infant. When I spok..."

November 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. ADAM WAS GREAT BUT HE NEEDS NEW STAFF ON BOARD TO RUN THINGS PROPERLY!!!!!! "

November 10, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Paul Adam diagnosed a skin condition (in minutes) that I had been suffering with for thirty years! Many doctors in multiple locations and countries weren't a..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have known Dr Adam professionally since I was a medical student. He is bar none one of the two TOP deramtologists in Toronto and the ONLY one to who one can r..."

July 29, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to this doctor for cystic acne and to be placed on Accutane - it was about a month wait for the appointment. The wait time at the appointment is ..."

May 28, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "This man saved my life as his knowledge led to the discovery of me having advanced lung cancer "

May 24, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "My 6 month old daughter was referred to Dr. Adam by her GP for a skin condition. The wait time was over 2 hours. Good thing she is a quiet and patient baby. The..."

May 19, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I've been having skin issues since my childhood and I've never met such a helpful Dr as a Paul Adam, even If you have different issues he will look at it on sam..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Adam is a great dermatologist. I have read many reviews about the wait. In my opinion from my talks with the doctor the reason the wait is so long is becaus..."

April 28, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Went to 8 Specialists - then met Dr. Adam and he diagnosed and cured my skin ailment on first visit. long wait in wait room but SO worth it. best dermatologist..."

April 23, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful, smart, excellent manner. Always makes one feel as if you are his only patient. "

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent dermatologist take time to determine your problems. Writes the problem down on paper so you would not forget . I will recommend any one to Dr. Pa..."

April 7, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "The receptionists are useless - it's difficult to get them on the phone, they lost my referral, they don't give you a reminder call. Dr Adam, once you get to s..."

March 11, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The amount time it takes to book an appointment is unacceptable. Once you do finally get your appointment you end up waiting there for approx 1.5-2 hours. Dr ve..."

February 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "EXODUS 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is i..."

December 8, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Went to see this doctor and was appalled at his tardiness, he does not wash his hands after touching other patients who has other skin disease and touches you. ..."

October 9, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Multiple hour waits are not only normal but should be expected for every appointment. Ask your doctor for a referral to a different dermatologist."

October 1, 2014