Ratings for Dr. Paul Adam

Two hours after my appointment time when I was seen. Office was dirty, paper on table not changed, bloody garbage visible, surfaces and tools visibly dirty. Left feeling frustrated and a bit grossed out.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

In short inappropriate behaviour towards women. Abusive of his position. I wouldn't go back to him.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

Dr. Adam didn't take my medical history or family history. I have adult acne and I was looking for different treatments, but he just talked to me about Accutane. I wanted to know about more options, but he didn't give me more. He was kind and calm tough.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Long wait but thats the norm for specialists. He does spend a lot of time with you and doesn't rush you out the door so hence the wait times. I found him very professional and down to earth. I feel confident he will fix my suspected skin cancer.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

True you will wait a very long time for Dr Adam but bring a book. Because once you are in the examination room you will have all the time in the world and the doctors full attention. I was misdiagnosed as having rosacea by another dermatologist and Dr Adam correctly diagnosed my adult acne. I'm often in the sun so asked him to examine me for abnormalities or sun damage and felt he was utmost professional in doing so. He's an experienced doctor who puts in long hours for his patients. This is not a fancy Yorkville dermatologist full of fancy peels and laser treatments...if you're looking for that you're in the wrong place. What I had was mild adult acne and after 6 years of trying to go the holistic, non-pharma way, changing my diet, using different topical ointments I finally took the pills he prescribed me and in 2 months my face has cleared up entirely. Aging and hormones are not fun.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

I waited for ages to see this doctor and left his office feeling totally violated. He is completely inappropriate and abusive of his position. My issue was mild acne on my face. He told me we should get that fixed because I'm a pretty girl. He then asked to look down the neckline of my shirt to see if there was any chest acne, even though I told him it was only on my face. I don't know why I let him do this; I kinda froze up in the moment. And I wasn't even sitting on the examination table, I was just standing there. He asked me nothing about diet or allergies or anything to indicate that he was putting any thought into my condition. All he asked - in the grossest way - was if I was sexually active. I'm almost 30 years old. I said yes, and why? He said it's because Accutane can cause issues in pregnancy. What a bizarre way to introduce the topic of accutane. Being sexually active and planning for a child are two different things. We hadn't even discussed any of my treatment preferences. I told him I didn't want to go on pills anyways. When he was writing my prescription for topical treatments, he grabbed my wrist and asked me to come closer to him so I could read it, even though he didn't write anything specific, he was just telling me the instructions. While holding my wrist tightly, he held my hand right in front of his crotch; like, barely an inch away from his privates. I grabbed my hand back, grabbed my Rx and high tailed it out of there, feeling sick and furious. I should have reported him right away to someone. This man is sick.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Knowledgeable and friendly, thorough and answers all questions.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

After reading the reviews on here, I was pleasantly surprised by my experience with Dr. Adams. I was in to see him within 20 minutes of my appointment time. He took the time to carefully explain my options to me. I found him personable and knowledgeable. His office is pretty shabby - could use a coat of paint and some posters from this century - but it was clean.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Dr. Adam might have been in the business for a long time, which could in part explain his presumptuousness and rudeness, sometimes disguised as inappropriate banter. I find Dr. Adam poorly prepared for my appointments. He did not review charts or lab reports beforehand, and was completely clueless when I brought up my history. While he claimed that he had all that in his notes and on his computer, he could not access them from the computer in the room that he saw me, which raised the question of patiently file confidentiality. As someone who loves to teach patients about "Patient 101," he should really go back to "Doctor 101," or just retire. Dr. Adam is so unprofessional and unhelpful that I question the judgment of my family doctor who sent me there.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

A doctor who treats patients as an assembly line. Wait for hours to see him for 4 minutes. My first and last visit with him. Total waste of half a day.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017