You may also like

Rate Dr. Paul Adam

Dr. Paul Adam's Ratings

I have known Dr Adam professionally since I was a medical student. He is bar none one of the two TOP deramtologists in Toronto and the ONLY one to who one can refer a patient same day. This is not only critically important but essentially unheard of service from the Dermatology specialty anywhere. As a senior Infectious Diseases and HIV specialist I need immediate opinions and only from top experts once I decide a consultation is in order and Dr Adam has never turned me down. His staff at the Sherbourne office are exemplary and despite a frantic schedule always willing and polite. I cannot say the same about the Scarborough location. As for punctuality, I have given it a 5 star rating despite the sometimes more than one hour wait if you are a patient who has been booked late into the evening hours on a last minute call basis. I have for one been in that situation and so have my family and patients and it is not even a "price" to pay for same-day appointments, and brilliant knowledge. I would wait 3 hrs to hear his opinion and get his treatment any day over going to a local ER or walkin clinic and waiting a much longer time for a dubious outcome. I just dread the day Dr Adam decides to hang up his shingle. He has left a legacy however, with his son Dr David Adam - also a dermatologist !
Barbara Mederski MD, FRCP(C), ABIM(ID)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2880232].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

I was referred to this doctor for cystic acne and to be placed on Accutane - it was about a month wait for the appointment. The wait time at the appointment is quite intense, my appointment was at 650pm and I didn't get into the doctor till about 9pm. While he does stay open late on weekends to accommodate people's work schedules - the wait is still painful. Like some of the other comments - he is quite touchy, always found reasons to touch my leg or arm (no gloves, didn't wash hands from previous appointments). Although, I was happy with his treatment plan & he did promise my monthly follow-up he would rush me in so I don't have to wait each time, since they would be quick appointments. Just have to weigh the pros and cons!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2820991].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

This man saved my life as his knowledge led to the discovery of me having advanced
lung cancer

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2816715].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

My 6 month old daughter was referred to Dr. Adam by her GP for a skin condition. The wait time was over 2 hours. Good thing she is a quiet and patient baby. Then when we finally got to see the doctor, he didn't examine her at all. Just looked at her arm ( her skin condition is all over her body) and said she needed steroid cream. He didn't say anything about potential side effects of this treatment for a young baby. And didnt give any other options of treatment. Then he wanted to demonstrate how to apply the cream and proceed to rub my leg. I felt very uncomfortable and got a very bad vibe from him. Will not be going back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2811849].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

I've been having skin issues since my childhood and I've never met such a helpful Dr as a Paul Adam, even If you have different issues he will look at it on same appointment, other Drs ask you to come back in order to get paid again due to medicine for them is not a profession but a business. Dr Adam is outstanding and he is probably one of the Deans of dermatologist in the GTA....lets say, he is a major league in dermatology. Highly recommended

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2807571].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Dr. Adam is a great dermatologist. I have read many reviews about the wait. In my opinion from my talks with the doctor the reason the wait is so long is because he wants to help as many people as possible. He takes time to explain everything with the patients and is not in a rush to leave the room once he's done. That is something you don't get from other doctors. Also wed nights he stay's late to accommodate short notice patients (had my appointment 2 weeks after referral) which is fairly quick for a specialist. I did notice that he didn't use gloves to examine my affected private area which every other doctor would even when he was taking a skin sample. But overall he is far better than my previous dermatologist from a medical prospective. His staff is very old and seem overwhelmed a lot. Could use some younger more energetic staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2791335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Went to 8 Specialists - then met Dr. Adam and he diagnosed and cured my skin ailment on first visit. long wait in wait room but SO worth it. best dermatologist in the city by far!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2786412].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Wonderful, smart, excellent manner. Always makes one feel as if you are his only patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2775299].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Excellent dermatologist take time to determine your problems. Writes the problem down on paper so you would not forget . I will recommend any one to Dr. Paul Adam. Excellent Dermatologist .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2769785].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

The receptionists are useless - it's difficult to get them on the phone, they lost my referral, they don't give you a reminder call. Dr Adam, once you get to see him, seems to know his stuff and is quite friendly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2746569].votes_count ]]