Ratings for Dr. Karen Tessler

Dr. Tessler might have lot of experience & knowledge in her field. But all that is in vain if a doctor is not honest with her patients. I have been complaining of acute pain in right side of my abdomen and was told that it would go away in second trimester. But as it didn't, I asked if it could be stones or cysts or worst case appendix pain. The ultrasound report confirmed a small cyst but when I asked the doctor she said that I don't have cyst. Then I told her that I have read the report and then she changed her statement that yes., there is but its small and nothing to worry. She is probably right that I shouldn't worry about small cyst but how she could she lie about the report as a doctor. Most of the times, patients don't get to read the reports and have to trust the doctor. How can I ever trust her now. And interestingly she has never asked me a single question about the pain - as in intensity, location or frequency. How can she arrive at conclusions without asking a single question or diagnosis? Are we saying that these problems cannot happen in pregnancy. Mostly not but yes there are few cases and the least the doctor can do is ask relevant questions. For every question I asked on any topic, she has a standard answer in exactly four words - its normal during pregnancy.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

I found my experience with Dr Tessler very straight forward. She was very matter of fact and very positive. I would recommend her as she had a high standard of care and I felt in safe hands.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

I really liked her as my obg. Don't waste too much time and answers any questions. She is warm and keeps it to the point.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

Dr Tessler doesn't care about patient consent. She filled in for my regular OB for one appointment. She decided that I had pre-eclampsia after I submitted to a couple of tests, but didn't inform me of this diagnosis. (I found out from my regular OB afterwards, and my OB disagreed with her.) Dr Tessler asked to see how things were progressing down there as I was in my third trimester. She proceeded to sweep my membranes WITHOUT MY PERMISSION in order to try to induce labour. As a first time Mom I had no idea what she had done (other than it hurt and I was bleeding) until she proudly informed me that she's done what she can to make me go into labour. I was shocked. My baby wasn't full term and I didn't know what the problem was because she never said the word "pre-eclampsia" or told me what her concerns were the entire appointment. I had to Google what her suspicions were based on the tests I took. I had to Google what she did to my body on my phone as I'm wiping up the bleeding because there was no explanation given by her or the nurse. There was no discussion, I wasn't informed beforehand and I did not consent. I felt infantilized and violated by Dr Tessler.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Today was my first appointment with Dr. Tessler. She was very kind and extremely helpful. I am suffering from terrible first trimester nausea and she was kind enough to get me a meeting with the dietician immediately after. She is to the point and I hope to have my baby delivered safely under her care.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Dr. Tessler is an amazing doctor. She performed my C section and I had no issues and my scar is barely noticeable. She came to check on me after surgery and I always felt she had my best interest in mind. She is now my OB for my second child and is very open to my wishes regarding VBAC or another C section. She provides me with the facts and information I need to make my choice. She does not provide emotional care or discuss your feelings with you. She is your medical doctor and will discuss any medical concerns with you. She leaves time at the end of every visit to answer any questions you have regarding your health. She truly cares for you and your babies health. If you think you need a doctor that is open discussing your feelings and ideal emotional birth plan than she is not for you.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Terrible experience with this obstetrician. You try to ask questions and she just look away and mumble something incomprehensible. I saw her twice when she was replacing my regular obstetrician and both times she rushed me out of the room within few minutes. I hope she won't be on call when I deliver

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

If she didn't make the call, my daughter may not be here today. Childbirth delivery is not meant to be how you see it in the movies, nor does it turn out to be how you planned or envisioned it. All in all, we are grateful she was present during ours. Her experience contributed to making a decision that was the right one, no fluff.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

I found her to be unpleasant and she seemed rushed she did my Pap test so quick and her secretary was even more unpleasant.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Although I was 19 when I went into dr tessler she was nothing but supportive and kind. Great doctor when I have my second I will def be going back to her. Love Brittany !

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015