Ratings for Dr. Karen Tessler

I really liked her as my obg. Don't waste too much time and answers any questions. She is warm and keeps it to the point.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

Dr Tessler doesn't care about patient consent. She filled in for my regular OB for one appointment. She decided that I had pre-eclampsia after I submitted to a couple of tests, but didn't inform me of this diagnosis. (I found out from my regular OB afterwards, and my OB disagreed with her.) Dr Tessler asked to see how things were progressing down there as I was in my third trimester. She proceeded to sweep my membranes WITHOUT MY PERMISSION in order to try to induce labour. As a first time Mom I had no idea what she had done (other than it hurt and I was bleeding) until she proudly informed me that she's done what she can to make me go into labour. I was shocked. My baby wasn't full term and I didn't know what the problem was because she never said the word "pre-eclampsia" or told me what her concerns were the entire appointment. I had to Google what her suspicions were based on the tests I took. I had to Google what she did to my body on my phone as I'm wiping up the bleeding because there was no explanation given by her or the nurse. There was no discussion, I wasn't informed beforehand and I did not consent. I felt infantilized and violated by Dr Tessler.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Today was my first appointment with Dr. Tessler. She was very kind and extremely helpful. I am suffering from terrible first trimester nausea and she was kind enough to get me a meeting with the dietician immediately after. She is to the point and I hope to have my baby delivered safely under her care.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Dr. Tessler is an amazing doctor. She performed my C section and I had no issues and my scar is barely noticeable. She came to check on me after surgery and I always felt she had my best interest in mind. She is now my OB for my second child and is very open to my wishes regarding VBAC or another C section. She provides me with the facts and information I need to make my choice. She does not provide emotional care or discuss your feelings with you. She is your medical doctor and will discuss any medical concerns with you. She leaves time at the end of every visit to answer any questions you have regarding your health. She truly cares for you and your babies health. If you think you need a doctor that is open discussing your feelings and ideal emotional birth plan than she is not for you.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Terrible experience with this obstetrician. You try to ask questions and she just look away and mumble something incomprehensible. I saw her twice when she was replacing my regular obstetrician and both times she rushed me out of the room within few minutes. I hope she won't be on call when I deliver

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

If she didn't make the call, my daughter may not be here today. Childbirth delivery is not meant to be how you see it in the movies, nor does it turn out to be how you planned or envisioned it. All in all, we are grateful she was present during ours. Her experience contributed to making a decision that was the right one, no fluff.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

I found her to be unpleasant and she seemed rushed she did my Pap test so quick and her secretary was even more unpleasant.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Although I was 19 when I went into dr tessler she was nothing but supportive and kind. Great doctor when I have my second I will def be going back to her. Love Brittany !

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Hhhm. Its Interesting a lot of women visit this doc.year after year my self had my 2 kids with her - no issues she stays professional and caring but - all in all there will be a few cases she is not responsible for them as she is human too am seeing her now as in now - Plus the receptionist greet me with a big smile ...... because guess what I greet her first with a smile Love you dr. Tesler

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

I met with Dr. Tessler Feb 04th, 2013. Long story short I had EVERY symptom of cervical cancer and I also suffered from these symptoms at the time of the visit for 8 months without a break so common sense and education which I am sure she has should have set off some alarms. Alas it did not. Continuing into the visit her and her assistant checked me over and despite the porfuse bleeding and shaking on my part she insisted that the growth on my cervix was completely normal and part of my anatomy and told me that there was no point in booking a follow up appointment because my body just needed to heal itself. Upon waiting another 6 months for a second opinion because my symptoms stayed the same I learned that I have cervical cancer and it's gone untreated now for over a year. By her lax attitude and care for me I can confidently say that Dr. Tessler is an incompetent Doctor and should not be handing out death sentences to young 26 year old women who have their life ahead of them.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013