Ratings for Dr. Karen Tessler

Dr. Tessler is an amazing doctor. She performed my C section and I had no issues and my scar is barely noticeable. She came to check on me after surgery and I always felt she had my best interest in mind. She is now my OB for my second child and is very open to my wishes regarding VBAC or another C section. She provides me with the facts and information I need to make my choice. She does not provide emotional care or discuss your feelings with you. She is your medical doctor and will discuss any medical concerns with you. She leaves time at the end of every visit to answer any questions you have regarding your health. She truly cares for you and your babies health. If you think you need a doctor that is open discussing your feelings and ideal emotional birth plan than she is not for you.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Terrible experience with this obstetrician. You try to ask questions and she just look away and mumble something incomprehensible. I saw her twice when she was replacing my regular obstetrician and both times she rushed me out of the room within few minutes. I hope she won't be on call when I deliver

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

If she didn't make the call, my daughter may not be here today. Childbirth delivery is not meant to be how you see it in the movies, nor does it turn out to be how you planned or envisioned it. All in all, we are grateful she was present during ours. Her experience contributed to making a decision that was the right one, no fluff.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Although I was 19 when I went into dr tessler she was nothing but supportive and kind. Great doctor when I have my second I will def be going back to her. Love Brittany !

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Hhhm. Its Interesting a lot of women visit this doc.year after year my self had my 2 kids with her - no issues she stays professional and caring but - all in all there will be a few cases she is not responsible for them as she is human too am seeing her now as in now - Plus the receptionist greet me with a big smile ...... because guess what I greet her first with a smile Love you dr. Tesler

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

I met with Dr. Tessler Feb 04th, 2013. Long story short I had EVERY symptom of cervical cancer and I also suffered from these symptoms at the time of the visit for 8 months without a break so common sense and education which I am sure she has should have set off some alarms. Alas it did not. Continuing into the visit her and her assistant checked me over and despite the porfuse bleeding and shaking on my part she insisted that the growth on my cervix was completely normal and part of my anatomy and told me that there was no point in booking a follow up appointment because my body just needed to heal itself. Upon waiting another 6 months for a second opinion because my symptoms stayed the same I learned that I have cervical cancer and it's gone untreated now for over a year. By her lax attitude and care for me I can confidently say that Dr. Tessler is an incompetent Doctor and should not be handing out death sentences to young 26 year old women who have their life ahead of them.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

After reading the comments here I was worried about my first appointment with dr Tessler. Unfortunately I started bleeding three weeks before my first pre-natal visit, and got an earlier appointment by the stressed but friendly receptionist. Dr Tessler is a professional, matter of fact and no fuss kind of doctor. It turned out I had had a misscarriage, and was sent home with pills to get out the rest. She reminded me of that strict university professor that everyone's a bit scared of, but that helps you out and tells you what you need to hear (maybe not what you want to hear). In a very vulnerable position I was grateful she acted the way she did, that strict professor attitude helped me pull mysel together. I guess it's all down to personal preference, but for me dr Tessler was the perfect doctor, and I will continue to go to her next time I get pregnant. I trust her judgement and her medical knowledge, and am relieved to know she will be taking care of my next pregnancy.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2013

This doctor has several complaints in her file at St. Michael's Hospital; private, legitimate complaints based on real experiences. My induction with her was a terrible experience; I have also known other women who have written complaints to the hospital about their treatment by this Dr. To those posters that repeatedly chastise those of us with legitimate negative reviews, please stop commenting about other posts and 'RATE YOUR DOCTOR.'

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

The receptionist didn't even greet me when I walked in. I was there for a pelvic exam, which the month before, I had to re-schedule because I was on my menses on the date of the original appointment. Dr. Tessler was quick, however, in her haste, she injured me with the speculum on entry. She realized I was in pain, but all she said was breathe. Oblivious to the excruciating pain I was really feeling. Anyway, two nights later my husband and I got intimate, and the pain was so bad, that intercourse was not enjoyable. It took months before the pain went away completely. Any time we engaged in intercourse I would be in pain afterward! Needless to say, I won't return to her office. I would rather go to a MALE OBGYN! As a woman she should be more empathic and sensitive.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2010

Dr. Karen Tessler's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tessler is an amazing doctor. She performed my C section and I had no issues and my scar is barely noticeable. She came to check on me after surgery and I a..."

February 4, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Terrible experience with this obstetrician. You try to ask questions and she just look away and mumble something incomprehensible. I saw her twice when she was ..."

September 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "If she didn't make the call, my daughter may not be here today. Childbirth delivery is not meant to be how you see it in the movies, nor does it turn out to be..."

June 29, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I found her to be unpleasant and she seemed rushed she did my Pap test so quick and her secretary was even more unpleasant. "

June 25, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "M3H6" to "M5C 1R6". Address has been updated from "None" to "55 Queen Street East". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14168600160".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Although I was 19 when I went into dr tessler she was nothing but supportive and kind. Great doctor when I have my second I will def be going back to her. Love ..."

April 28, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Hhhm. Its Interesting a lot of women visit this doc.year after year my self had my 2 kids with her - no issues she stays professional and caring but - all in al..."

December 22, 2014