Ratings for Dr. Michael Ackermann

I have been seeing Dr. Akerman for 3 years. I find him to be kind, caring and very helpful. His knowledge is wonderful and he takes the time to explain everything to his patients. He has never ever made me feel like I was wasting his time. People should try and understand that Dr. Akerman is a very very busy doctor and is also a human being. So treat him with the respect he deserves and be grateful for having such a wonderful Doctor in our rural area!!!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Seriously, doctor did not do the basics to me during visit to him at clinic. No examination: no temp., blood pressure, anything.. Nearly died as a result. Nothing more to say. I can forgive but never forget such negligence.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

For the last decade I have been following comments on my profile. I originally wanted to use this site as a resource to improve the practice. I appreciate the positive feedback and thank the people who took time to give it. While I do wish to attend to the negative feedback, unfortunately they lack sufficient detail to allow me to use them to improve service. I respectfully request anyone with a negative experience to share to please be detailed enough to allow me to use it constructively for quality control. Even better than anonymously leaving cryptic comments here, how about approaching me directly? Best regards to all. -M.J. Ackermann, MD

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

If you have the sniffles, he is probably ok. For anything more serious, you should look for a more caring and KNOWLEGABLE doctor. One who has a bit of sensitivity and actually listens to your physical concerns and the impact that is having on you emotionally would also be good. He is not the man you need in that department either.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Great doctor.......treats me fair....offers solutions to my inquiries and medical problems

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Dr Ackerman is a pleasure to deal with, informed and respectful of the relationship which exists between a physician and patient. He does not hesitate to refer when the need arises..and from my dealings with him, I would say he is an excellent family doctor.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2013

I found this Doctor to be the most insensitive person I have ever come in contact with in a medical setting.Perhaps he should practice some bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

At times I did have to wait but that was due to the Doctor being in the emergency department as it is a small hospital and he was the doctor on duty.As family of a patient waiting in the emergency department it was good to be seen by the docotor and have treament started .Thank You Dr Ackermann

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

Great receptionist, great hospital staff, helpful doctor, I would recommend him and his office to anyone!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2010

How pathetic to try and influence the ratings with the silly horse comment. Not impressed with the level of sensitivity or thoroughness of this doctor. I dread having to go to him for anything.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009