Ratings for Dr. Matthew D. Davies

My visit with Dr. Davies was one of the more frustratingly infuriating of my many years. Like one of the other commentators Dr. Davies appeared bored with my medical hx. He advised me to "listen" while he dictated his findings: primarily that of depression, recommended diet and exercise. Additionally, the thorough testing recommended by my physician was discarded as not being worth the time or money. He was arrogant and demeaning in his attitude towards me. I would NEVER EVER recommend him to anyone, especially another woman. I was unable to evaluate his knowledge as he evidenced little of it during my interview. $450 dollars to be treated so miserable. He should retire. He has no place in medicine.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

He diagnosed me with a very rare autoimmune disease that is very often missed. He could not have been nicer & even got me in on his lunch hour when I needed follow-ups. Sent me to top Dr's. For brain surgery, tests, etc. Saved my life!!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

We got off to a bad start when I travelled to the address listed on his website. I paid for parking and went to the suite only to be told he doesn't work there tha his office had moved.. I got back in my car, travelled across town to his new address. He seemed bored during my consultation. I had major fatigue and thyroid issues and he didn't really offer any suggestions or even a blood test. I had to request one. His only suggestions were to give me Adderall (highly addictive) and put me on Estradial despite my family history of OVCA and breast cancer. He chalked everything up to depression. I did the blood test and never even heard from him to review results. I'm sure there are some really good endocrinologists in the Seattle area so I'm going to keep looking.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

I missed an appointment and apologized for doing so and went to reschedule and he stated "seek another Dr.". The first thing this guy said to me is "I charge $50 for missed appointments". It's apparent that this guy is out for money versus patient care. Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2012

Dr Davies is a very nice person. He's happy, polite and listen to you. The problem is if you go a little bit outside of the box with your symptoms he just assumes you might be depressed or something like this. He called me personally to give my exams results but, other than being a very nice guy I wouldn't recommend him as a doctor unless you just need someone to follow up on something. I know my case is not simple but after a lot of blood work doctor figured out there is really something going on with my hormones/immune system and it has NOTHING to do with depression!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2012

He is very good at what he does as long as it is very limited to the very tight box that he has been trained in as an MD/PhD. If issues come up outside of that he tries to be empathetic at best, but also gets perplexed perhaps a little agitated and sometimes will go so far as to either discount the issue, or offer advice that is completely off the wall. However still for anyone with straightforward endocrine issues who is content seeing someone that will over turn and treat in an incredibly thorough manner within the box - I'd recommend him over anyone else I've seen. If you need this and someone who can cover outside the box issues, you may also have to get a second doc on board to do so, which I have done, and whether he is agreeable to this or not, he is at least respectful of my choice to do so and communicating with other docs.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2009

Dr. Matthew D. Davies's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1994)