Ratings for Dr. Sonja Kustka

Sonja Kustka is an amazing person and a talented, caring physician. She is extremely generous with her time and always listened patiently while I describe my latest list of medical concerns. Yes I have waited to see her, occasionally for very lengthy periods but I do so knowing that when My turn comes she will listen to me attentively and patiently and will address all my concerns. I love that she won't just scribble out a prescription if a more natural approach will work. She is very caring and well worth both the wait and the fees. So she's not on time. If you want to see a doctor who is punctuated,ask me and I'll give you the name of my last family doctor. You get 10 minutes max to tell him one issue then you get unceremoniously booted out.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr. Kustka has always provided thoughtful treatment to me over the 10 years plus I have been a patient. I agree with the other reviewers that paying the annual fee does make a huge difference to the services that are available. My greatest frustration is dealing with her receptionist. She has appauling people skills and appears to care less than nothing for the needs of the client or whether she is helpful. I appreciate that hers is a demanding job and that she needs to be firm to manage to volume of patients she undoubtedly deals with, however, she makes no effort to communicate when you call. She deals with you in a monotone voice without any attempt to help and is a huge obstacle to communicating with the doctor. For a doctor who makes an effort to work with you to meet your needs and suggest personalized solutions, this receptionist is a liability to Dr. Kustka's practice.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. Kutska is amazing. I've only started going to her for the past 2 1/2 years. I feel as if I've known her for longer.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

She has no respect for her patient's time. She starts booking for 8 am but doesn't even show until 820! This has happened repeatedly. I normally have to wait at least an hour if I book later in the day. While her treatment is good, the wait makes it very undesirable to have her as my doctor

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

I was referred by someone who flagged the extra billing as a concern, but was willing to pay because of the quality of care. I only see her a couple times per year, and for that, I do find the payment to be excessive. Have often experienced wait times over an hour, but am going to try for 8:30 am appointments to avoid this in the future. Found her to be very knowledgeable and also like the combination traditional/ holistic approach. Overall, if I could find a GP in a location that's closer to me and with better wait times, I would switch but found it very hard to find a GP who was taking new patients in the downtown core.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Dr. Kustka is amazing. She's helped me with health issues that no other doctor every took the time to look into. She really cares and she digs deep to the root of the issue. She never rushes you out. Very knowledgeable. I've been going to her over 15 years. My big health issue is now under control and I'm thankful to her.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

Best doctor EVER. Caring and good listener. Don't know what people are talking about money. If she is behind it is because she listens to the patient carefully and then diagnoses. She is more than worth the wait as she treats the whole person.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Kustka for about 15 years now and it's true that she only cares about money. She used to be a very good doctor who's balanced and holistic perspective was very much appreciated. But now she is disrespectful, indifferent, and has a complete lack of compassion.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Dr. Kustka only cares about money, not her patients. She gives preferential treatment to patients who pay her annual fee. She is constantly overbooked, every time. Wait times average from at LEAST an hour, to 3 hours. You can tell by the way she packs in as many patients as possible into one day, that she is only in it for the money.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

A total waste of time. Money hungry. Don't care about patients.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016