Ratings for Dr. Arnold W. Mech

The staff, that is, the women at the front desk, seem clueless and incompetent. Dr. Mech was not able to treat my bipolar, and one medication made it even worse. I am now doing very badly and am searching for a new psychiatrist. He never seemed to understand the severity and urgency of my situation.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

I have had a great experience with Dr. Mech and his staff! He and his staff are extremely knowledgeable, and I would highly recommend him if you are looking for the best care available.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

Awesome Experience! Great doctor with a wealth of knowledge! Would recommend to anyone needing help!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Excellent doctor. If you prepare for your visit and provide information on your health he is extremely helpful. I have 4 children that have been seeing Dr. Mech for over 15 years. Without him, I am not sure they would have survived. He is extremely knowledgeable on diet, sleep and medication. It sometimes does take longer for a visit, but it is because he is one of the very few psychiatrists that actually take the time to listen to his patients. I have several friends who have treating psychiatrists that have been in pain for years. Thankfully Dr. Mech has seen my family through their treatment and now they have extremely productive and satisfying lives and I owe this to his help.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

Does not care about his patients in any way only wanting to run all types of unnecessary tests that he probably receives a kickback from since they are so insistent in having them done. For Dr Mech his only concern is how he can continue taking money from you.

Submitted June 25, 2015

Agree with the other reviews. He has no respect for patients time. I wait on average 2 hrs and then am asked "so what medication would you like to be on?" I am not the Dr you are! Good for pill poppers I guess. I will never go back.

Submitted May 4, 2015

Have been a Patient of Dr. Mech's for 10+ years - and he has helped me TREMENDOUSLY with not only psychiatric concerns, but with EDUCATION! He is a brilliant doctor who actually addresses physiologic causes BEFORE ever writing a prescription. In fact - he has taught me what my brain & body really needs i.e., vitamin supplementation, proper sleep, etc... Yes - the wait times can be lengthy! I attribute that to the fact that he really takes his time with each patient - and for me, he is worth it!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Horrible wait times. I've went in at 1:30 only to be seen at 3:15 and be told the Dr went to lunch.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Dr. Mech, even though the wait times can be lengthy, is a brilliant psychiatrist. He completely changed my life and not just through medication. He is not your typical write out a prescription and kick you out the door type of doctor. He uses various scales, tests, labs and even genetic testing to thoroughly diagnose. He did all of the above with me. My issue, so I thought, was anxiety and ADHD. Turns out, I was sleep deprived. I was diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea and after completing a sleep study at his office I was fitted for a CPAP machine and I have never been better. His staff is also very courteous and proffesional. I would recomend Dr. Mech to anyone. Thank you Dr. Mech!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

Dr. Mech has helped change my life! I suffer from MDD, have tried every anti-depressant on the market over the years...with no sustained effectiveness. My 1st visit w/him 7 yrs ago was the FIRST time a doctor had truly educated me as to what is going on in the human brain. He is a gifted TEACHER, speaks across the country and is always on the frontlines regarding the latest research. I also have multiple sclerosis - and he alone has helped me understand what my brain NEEDS, i.e., nutritional supplements, diet, focus/memory exercises, certain blood testing, etc..., unlike my neurologist at one of the top MS CLINICS IN THE NATION! I have referred many people to him - and they have all been pleased. Unfortunately, there has been a high turnover rate for the staff - but I credit that to the nature of the practice itself. As far as negative ratings go -- I think they must be mostly from disgruntled ex-employees.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Dr. Arnold W. Mech's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)