Ratings for Dr. Arnold W. Mech

Gives out drugs without seeing the patient. Charges a large fee and has staff write out prescriptions. He is a drug pusher. The staff is rude and seldom return calls. Several times the wrong prescription was sent in wrong.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

Dr. Mech 's office staff never answers the phone, even worse, the voicemail box is full always. Prescription refills are a nightmare to obtain.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

My son called to make an appointment to see Dr Mech who was on a list of Psychiatrists provided to him by his primary care Dr. His appointment was scheduled for 1:45pm so he arrived at 1:30pm to complete any necessary paperwork. He sat and waited for 45 minutes before he was given any paperwork to complete. Additionally, the packet said to allow for 1.5 to 2 hours for your initial appointment. He was not informed of this when he made the appointment nor was he given the opportunity to complete any paperwork in advance. My son had another appt close by at 3pm and was going to be late if he stayed so I called the office hoping to gain additional information. I was told by the person who answered the phone that Dr Mech is very busy and that my son should expect to wait. I told her that my son had somewhere to be at 3pm and could not stay. I also told her that patients should be informed of this when they make an appointment and that paperwork should be given to patients upon their arrival...not 45 minutes after they have been waiting. The person on the phone was clueless. My son left without seeing the Dr. I wish I had read the reviews prior to making an appointment.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

WORST EXPERIENCE! I moved here from out of state in September and after much frustration was thrilled to find a doctor who didn’t have an outstanding waiting time to get in for an appointment. I have 2 medications that I need daily and only a psychiatrist can prescribe them. My first appointment took forever and I had pre filled out everything to help keep the appointment short but clearly that didn’t matter. I thought he was professional and did mention alternate options to medication if I was interested. Since then I’ve had nothing but problems getting ahold of them for refills and went up to 2 weeks before being able to actually reach someone on the phone and get a refill for medicines I NEED daily!! Their phones always went straight to voicemail and sometimes I would get lucky enough to hear a ring and actually talk to someone!! A couple weeks ago I needed a refill and was told I could t get one until I had another appointment with the Dr.!!! R u kidding me?!! Thanks for the advance notice! So, I told the girl that was unacceptable since I couldn’t get in for a week and I needed my medication and luckily she put a refill in for me and told me to make sure to come to my appt. a day before my appointment the girl called me and told me they had to move their location on short notice and so would need to cancel my appointment and would call me back in 2 days to reschedule me and guess what? I haven’t heard a peep from them since and this was 2 weeks ago!!! Now I have to try and find a new dr and get in before I run out of my medications and start all over again!! Horrible experience!!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

For the sake of your health and mental wellness. Stay away!!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Dr Mech new address. 101 E Park Blvd. #1110 Plano no phone yet.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

If you’re looking for a doctor to help you start a detrimental pill addiction, he’s your guy! Whatever you want, or don’t want, he’ll prescribe it. If the first thing he prescribes isn’t working for you, he’ll add on something else to help with the side effects of the first drug. And if the second drug has side effects, guess what! You can get another drug for that! All you have to do is what three hours to be seen and speak with him for 90 seconds and you could be pilled out in no time!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Don't go here!!! They put you in a room no bigger than a closet and leave you sitting there for at least an hour. Then the nurse practioner comes in and asks what meds you want. I told her that I had recently lost my youngest son and she asked me if I had suffered any 'real' tragedy. I am not even sure they are still in business. No one has heard or seen these people since 12-13-17. There were 10 patients waiting outside on Thursday. The door was locked and no one was answering the calls. They are still not answering calls. Quack!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

The staff, that is, the women at the front desk, seem clueless and incompetent. Dr. Mech was not able to treat my bipolar, and one medication made it even worse. I am now doing very badly and am searching for a new psychiatrist. He never seemed to understand the severity and urgency of my situation.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

I have had a great experience with Dr. Mech and his staff! He and his staff are extremely knowledgeable, and I would highly recommend him if you are looking for the best care available.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

Dr. Arnold W. Mech's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)